• hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Help needed

I want to clear that red flag though!
15 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Help needed

The Sears that I worked for was a big mess, no one really knew what they were doing. Nothing was really organized and they go through about a new store manager every year. There was no sense of teamwork or leadership in that store.

Red Flag, try someone else!
15 years 4 months ago #2
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

She was the store manager. I don't think she likes me too much.
15 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Help needed

I never understood how you can make commission from selling clothes. I don't mind wearing a suit and a tie. I always like to look sharp and I know how the first impression is key. I will look into that. There's a Nordstrom in the Santa Anita mall. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've already gone into the store multiple times and everytime I talk to about this, they keep telling me that only Yolanda (HR) can deal with it. Apparently, she can care less. The Sears that I worked for was a big mess, no one really knew what they were doing. Nothing was really organized and they go through about a new store manager every year. There was no sense of teamwork or leadership in that store.

I know but man, those women can shop! And selling a men's suit can easily make you some green.

Yolanda, is she the district HR manager or just the one at the store you used to work at? What a pain.
15 years 4 months ago #4
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I never understood how you can make commission from selling clothes. I don't mind wearing a suit and a tie. I always like to look sharp and I know how the first impression is key. I will look into that. There's a Nordstrom in the Santa Anita mall. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've already gone into the store multiple times and everytime I talk to about this, they keep telling me that only Yolanda (HR) can deal with it. Apparently, she can care less. The Sears that I worked for was a big mess, no one really knew what they were doing. Nothing was really organized and they go through about a new store manager every year. There was no sense of teamwork or leadership in that store.
15 years 4 months ago #5

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Help needed

I used to work at a local Sears store about 2 years ago. I worked there for approximately 5 months and I quit in September of 2006. I gave my two my two weeks notice to my manager and the HR filed me as terminated/fired. I went and spoke with the HR and all she did was ask me to fax in my personal info and every time I called her to see if she had any results and she told me that she had forgotten about it. I went and talked to her in person and still the same thing. Is there anyway that I can send a letter to corporate and get this cleared? I really need a job right now and it would be nice to get hired there and work on sales commission.

Sears is good people. They are supporting our troops by continuing to hold their jobs open and pay their benefits. I urge everyone to buy a little something there this holiday season.

Anyway, HJM this seems weird. Is there anybody else besides this woman you can speak with? You might want to go to the store in person and see if something can be done. If you had a clear record (no write ups) and can pass a background check then whats the problem? HR red tape. If you don't mind wearing a suite and tie check out Nordstrom, they have many comissioned positions. There is one in Sherman Oaks I think and Topanga Plaza-oh and Glendale Galleria.
15 years 4 months ago #6
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I can mail them a letter telling them I wasn't fired. I can make them prove to me that they don't have any paperwork of me signing that I was terminated. Can I do that?
15 years 4 months ago #7

Well spoken smcc! Can't beat this info!
15 years 4 months ago #8

Based on the reason your previous employment was terminated, you are not eligible to be considered for re-employment with Sears.

Ewww, I hate to say this bro but, if you do not have any documentation, then I think you are going to have to apply elsewhere. But, since they are giving you this message, they must have some type of paperwork on them that says you did not faithfully resign from the company. Are they able to show/tell you where they are getting their info from?
15 years 4 months ago #9

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Help needed

Lesson to be learned here hjm331 is always have documentation to back up whatever you do when it comes to your employer. I know quitting a job is simple but in the world we live in now there are jobs where background checks are done for employment and they want to know what you were doing for the past 5 years down to the second.

You should always have some kind of documentation when you leave a job I don't care what the position is. Your formal letter of seperation (2 weeks notice) is a great start and something that protects you and your manager at the same time.

Most jobs still have exit interviews and although that's nothing more than an appraisal of your employer it is still documentation were employees vent about the company.

I hear ya Kmoney about throwing out old paperwork but everything is now backed up to tape and stored somewhere, make no mistake. No company wants to be holding the bag because of mishandled documentation.
15 years 4 months ago #10
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Yeah, I would really like to go back and work there. I love competition and I've always been a good salesman. Once I'm on a roll, there's no stopping me.
15 years 4 months ago #11

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Help needed

Sounds like he didn't Kmoney. What I am worried about is no paper trail on his behalf

The crazy thing about that is most of the times when positions change old paperwork is thrown out. But I know that there is away for him to clear up this mess. Damn you Sears
15 years 4 months ago #12
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I tried applying for a job at Sears online right now and this is what their system spit out.

"Our records indicate that you previously worked for Sears or one of its subsidiary companies. Based on the reason your previous employment was terminated, you are not eligible to be considered for re-employment with Sears. If you feel this decision was made in error, please contact Sears Associate Services at 1-888-88Sears. Thank you."
15 years 4 months ago #13
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Meya, I was hoping to be able to clear this up so I can go back to Sears and maybe get hired for a seasonal job. I want to work there on commission because it is good money.
15 years 4 months ago #14

Hi bro, I just wanted to say that you resigning from Sears is not going to hurt you when you go out and look for another job. I understand where you are coming from about needing a job and wanting to clear up your previous relationship with them, but you can turn right around and apply at other dept stores, gas stations (Chevron being the best from experience) grocery stores etc, and do not need the 5 month history you had with Sears. Don't depend on the one store for a job because you could have resigned faithfully and still don't get rehired. I quit Toy's R Us on 2 occasions and was able to go right back in there and work again.

If it is work history that you are looking for, use your dads, that is a good history of experience with customer service, sales, labor, cash, etc. First of all, they are going to look at your age and total job history, from those two, they can expect some flaws with job experience. You know it is going to be tough due to the economy, but the good thing is, you are searching at the best time because Xmas help is needed at plenty of retail chains. I wish you luck, but at the same time, I don't want you to get discouraged from the mishap with Sears.
15 years 4 months ago #15