Let's Talk Weight!

Replied by skeewee08 on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

You know Meya my co-workers and I were talking about how funny it is when we are sick with the flu/virus or teeth pain we loose weight but when we try the "Old Fashion Way" it take for ever:white-flag:well I will take the weight loss anyway it come..lol...:cool:
14 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

I had a virus that did not let me eat anything and I lost 7 lbs from it. Weight loss is weight loss, I don't care how it comes to me. Well...not from sickness like Aids or Cancer of course...lolz!!

I know the feeling from the tooth pain and sensitivity. Mines is doing the same thing. I got the upper teeth and lower left bottom filled, now I have to get the remaining done next week. I was suppose to get it done this week, but since he put the temp feeling in, I canceled the apt from last week...lol. I hate a numb mouth. He actually put the temp feeling in for free. So I am treasuring it.:laugh:
14 years 9 months ago #2

OK last Tuesday got my braces on the top(second time wearing them 1999-2001 lost my retainer last year) then last Wednesday my teeth started hurting everytime I drunk something cold or ate something hot.

Well Saturday went to the Dentist she did a deep cleaning & filled a cavity:relieved: said if I don't fell better to come in on Monday(yesterday) well she started doing a root canal Monday and Today(Tuesday I went back because I was still having pain when I had drunk room temperature water or soup) I go back next Tuesday so she can fill the canals.

OK I know... I know get to the point............

In the meantime I have not eating anthing solid in a week:cheesing: (this should help in the weight loss department) LOL........................
14 years 9 months ago #3

LOLZ, I just told my kids that. I went to KFC and purchased them some food today, boy they ate like dogs. I felt bad when I picked them up from summer school (thank God they got in) and they looked at me sad and said, "Mommy, you are not going to cook are you? We will clean up our room and vacuum the living room if we can have some KFC!" I knew their little scam, but at the same time, I felt bad because they have not been eating well. It put them to sleep, and my floor + their room was never vacuumed at all.:upset: I'm such a sucker!
14 years 9 months ago #4

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Ugggh, signed in Alli yesterday, and now I am at, at, at, at, 291 again

No they will eat what you cook now come on girl we are from the old school. You know what ever Momma cooked everyone ate it. So if you are losing weight then keep cooking they way you are cooking and let me tell you sooner than later they will tire of their stomachs growling all night LOL!!!!!!
14 years 9 months ago #5

Ugggh, signed in Alli yesterday, and now I am at, at, at, at, 291 again!:upset:

I know what it is, that eating process. My kids will starve before they eat healthy foods. They were OK, until now when I cook, the first thing they ask me is, "Mom can I go to the bathroom?" I cut off the water supply after I made the baked Rosemary chicken, baked yam, and mashed-potatoes. They run to the toilet and spit up the food, and then their stomaches be growling all through the night. My husband in that game too, he claims that the food I cook stays a little too heavy on his stomach and its hard for him to sleep at night. I know whats wrong, I am not dump! They don't like the way I have to eat, and I cant afford to keep purchasing different items every time I grocery shop. So I am starting to eat what I have to cook them.:confused:
14 years 9 months ago #6

Just for you, I fell trying to reach the scale...lolz, I am at 289 now. I was not suppose to get on that scale until this Sunday, but I was curious again since I fell off da bandwagon 2 days straight. Nothing harsh, but I did add some seasoning to the foods then lied and said it was lemon juice...lol.

Oh, PS, I actually fell earlier this morning. My feet slipped from the shelf and I landed on storage box. The cold part about it, I had the scale in my hand...lmfao! I had to laugh at myself on my way back up because first of all I had no business up there, and second of all, I had to laugh at how my big behind came back up in slow motion. It reminded me of the matrix or something, and in order to make a complete stand, gurl you have to borrow the knee cap as a crutch to drag the other leg up to standing position. I am just going to keep it real, there is no fantasizing over heya! I got to do the Motown 1970's dance leg kick before I make it back up to the top. You know the part where they throw the one leg out and then wiggle there hands when they pull the leg back to position like they were having convulsions.

You are down to 289 that is fantastic. I love you girl because you are just totally out of control
14 years 9 months ago #7

I have heard of this before, but I am scared because of not knowing who's acai is authentic. All I did was answered a few questions on the spam message that I had received, then wallah, everybody in business start begging me to order their acai, (and it is real acai)...blah blah blah, so I just said forget it....lol.

Yes she is right you have to know a sales rep. It is $40.00 a pop and my friend has a rep that sells it. I am going to buy a bottle this friday
14 years 9 months ago #8

Just for you, I fell trying to reach the scale...lolz, I am at 289 now. I was not suppose to get on that scale until this Sunday, but I was curious again since I fell off da bandwagon 2 days straight. Nothing harsh, but I did add some seasoning to the foods then lied and said it was lemon juice...lol.

Oh, PS, I actually fell earlier this morning. My feet slipped from the shelf and I landed on storage box. The cold part about it, I had the scale in my hand...lmfao! I had to laugh at myself on my way back up because first of all I had no business up there, and second of all, I had to laugh at how my big behind came back up in slow motion. It reminded me of the matrix or something, and in order to make a complete stand, gurl you have to borrow the knee cap as a crutch to drag the other leg up to standing position. I am just going to keep it real, there is no fantasizing over heya! I got to do the Motown 1970's dance leg kick before I make it back up to the top. You know the part where they throw the one leg out and then wiggle there hands when they pull the leg back to position like they were having convulsions. :laugh: :laugh:
14 years 9 months ago #9

Shhhh 291. I was not suppose to be on the scale. My husband puts the scale in the top shelf in the garage where you have to climb up there and get it. Duuuhh, not with my coffee neighbor coming over, I make him climb right up there and get it for me. God, I hate scales...

Hay Meya congratulations on the weight loss
14 years 9 months ago #10

Shhhh 291. I was not suppose to be on the scale. My husband puts the scale in the top shelf in the garage where you have to climb up there and get it. Duuuhh, not with my coffee neighbor coming over, I make him climb right up there and get it for me. God, I hate scales.... :laugh: :laugh: But I can find myself putting back on some of the clothes I could not fit even with laying down putting them on. I don't go by scales because it is depressing, I judge according to clothes, and compliments of others.

When we gain a muscle, we gain weight and I have been on the strength machine pretty heavy. I think Alli should not have us weighing in every week, that is depressing. A person would think "oh my goodness, I worked out and ate good for a week straight and have not lost a pound!" Well if they gained a muscle, here comes more weight or no weight loss at all, but when that muscle starts to relax, it burns fat. Sort of weird, but that is how it works.

Here is another secret to those who feel like their weight loss has come to a stall. Here is a trick to jump start it, lower your calories, fat, and carb intake, it will go right back down. That is what I am doing. I knew intentionally messed up last week, so I took my original 1800 calorie intake down to 1500, and I do believe that is where the one pound came from. Give it a try! :cool:
14 years 10 months ago #11

LOLz Charon! Thanks for the feedback you two. Well, I was hoping to hit the 290 mark but instead it still said 292...lol. Yes I did cheat a little, but hey, I had no business at a mall in the first place. Its OK, though, I have 3 days to run after kids and clean up. I am officially going to mess up tomorrow because I already paid for the food and drinks. I refuse to sit there and look at everybody dance, eat, and drink while I look depressed and broke. Bacardi/margarita mix, here I come, because I am gonna be dancing, drinking, and sucking BBQ off my fingers all day. :laugh: I will get back on track Tuesday, OOHHHHH and OHHHH NOOOO, I have not taken an Alli pill for 2 days. I want to make sure it is no where in my system for Memorial Day :shocked: :fun:
14 years 10 months ago #12

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Thanks Kellbell! Great info!

Well, I sneaked on the scale Tuesday and checked my weight, I was at 292. I started off at 305, so I have lost 13lbs so far. Hopefully I will be at 290 tomorrow so I can call it an even 15....lol.

Congratulations Meya, if you would like a full proof weight loss program, just take six college classes, run around after two toddlers, cook, clean, entertain your mate, study for the LSAT in your spare time, etc, etc, etc. I've lost 20 pds within the last six months as a result (not on purpose). LOL:cheesing:
14 years 10 months ago #13

U Go Girl!!! keep it up Meya:cheesing:
14 years 10 months ago #14

Thanks Kellbell! Great info!

Well, I sneaked on the scale Tuesday and checked my weight, I was at 292. I started off at 305, so I have lost 13lbs so far. Hopefully I will be at 290 tomorrow so I can call it an even 15....lol. I have really been exercising a lot, the treadmill is the only thing running me crazy, but the aerobics is fun because I am mixing the tapes so that I don't become bored again. The strength machine has sort of given me some pains in my right shoulder so I am officially working with 10lbs only. Husband had me doing 25-50 lbs but I cant do it anymore.
:white-flag:
14 years 10 months ago #15