MP3 players discussion

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

I use my Nokia N95 8GB as a MP3 player. Gorgeous.
15 years 2 months ago #31

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Meya, blow the whistle! :laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #32
  • Eldarwen
  • Eldarwen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

I unchecked all the songs that she didn't want and left the ones she wanted. She just does not have the space to put movies or TV shows on hers. Hers is only 16gigs and mine is 80gigs. The songs she has will hold her for a while.
15 years 2 months ago #33

Replied by Meya on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Wow, that was a big step that you went through.....lol. When you first started (or hooked the ipod up to your PC) did you make all the necessary steps I just mentioned above? Because if you unselected the songs that she would only listen to, it will be removed from your ipod when you hook it back up. Either way it goes, I am glad that she is happy and that she got the songs that she wanted. I had to actually sit my son down with me on the itunes because I got tired of him asking me to add songs to his ipod all the time. He knows to wait until his open, look through my list and to slide his over (including holding the ctrl button for multiple). I just don't let him purchase or download from lime-wire. He if he gives me a virus, Ia m going to give him a...........never mind, we got rules. Go figure--->:innocent:
15 years 2 months ago #34
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

What I did was uncheck the music that I knew my mother would not listen to and registered her iPod. It went through and synced all the songs that I knew she would listen to. I made sure that the pictures that were on mine didn't get on to hers. iTunes did what I wanted it to. Now my mother is all happy that she can listen to music when she is doing things around the house or working in the yard. She has over 500 songs and that is 2.01gigs used on her iPod. Unlike me who has over 2,000 songs (9.39gigs used) but that does not even cover all the videos that I have on mine.
15 years 2 months ago #35

Stop! If there are two iPods on the one PC, "Make sure that you have that iPod to checked to not open Itunes when it is hooked up to the PC, and to check the box that say to sync music manually." I don't even use the sync button on my sons iPod, I just slide them over into his list when I am adding songs to his. Two things happened to me when trying to add music to his

1. It made his ipod the Master and shift mines to the bottom
2. I ended up duplicating my songs on Itunes and had to rename mines
3. When I fixed the problem, I clicked sync on his and all of my songs were going over into his ipod. I had to stop that because he is good with singing every lyric to a song and if he was to get a hold of my Marvin Cease or 2$hort, I would have a lot of questions to answer.....lol.
:relieved:

Just make sure you select, "Do not open itunes with this ipod and to manually sync songs!" You should be all good.
15 years 2 months ago #36
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Yes, I did!
15 years 2 months ago #37

Hey buddie, did you forget about this thread? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #38
  • Eldarwen
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Um...yeah

Okay, I got my mother an iPod nano for Christmas and have been getting on her about getting it set up so she could use it. So this morning, she put me in charge of getting it up and running. She has put me in charge of keeping up with charging it and putting new music on it. What a pain this is. I have it syncing to my iTunes library. I have selected what she wanted on it so far. I am going to see if it will only sync what I checked on there. She is using my iTunes library. Now, I am letting it sync up and I shall see if it goes through.
15 years 2 months ago #39

Now imagine what I have to do, I have to read every post that comes through this side and the cc review side, move posts, merge threads, and still be talking:fun:. I love it!

When I miss one day, i just stand up from the PC, go to the coffee maker and brew me some dark aroma, put my home ringer on silence, and just read away....lol. 18 new posts takes me near one hour because you have to read and throw some words in where you fit in. Let's not forget the mailbox, got to respond to those too....lol. That is how this site get addictive, anytime you are afraid to fall behind in FG because you now the consequences, YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ADDICTED! GOTCHA!:fun:
15 years 4 months ago #40

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Even though I post a lot on FG and usually know what's going on, it always seems as if I just haven't done enough. :cool:
15 years 4 months ago #41

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Three days is like a decade with FG. If I miss one day, I feel so behind and left out. I'm glad to see that you're ok; I was worried for a minute. Ok you guys I am going to try and download some songs to my sidekick, wish me luck, because I don't know what the h*** I'm doing.

same here. just missing a few days and it takes hours to get caught up!
15 years 4 months ago #42

Replied by charonh on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Thanks to those who has back!!!! Thanks Charonh!

Well you guys! Immmmmm back! LOL. Been real crazy ova here so I finally have some time to relax and chat a lil bit!

Meya, I know you THOUGHT I was hiding behind rocks. Ill be in there as soon as im done reading all these dang posts and reviews... Ive missed so dang much

Three days is like a decade with FG. If I miss one day, I feel so behind and left out. I'm glad to see that you're ok; I was worried for a minute. Ok you guys I am going to try and download some songs to my sidekick, wish me luck, because I don't know what the h*** I'm doing.
15 years 4 months ago #43

Hehehehe, get some coffee and sit back! porColo is going to have you on the floor laughing
15 years 4 months ago #44

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: MP3 players discussion

Thanks to those who has back!!!! Thanks Charonh!

Well you guys! Immmmmm back! LOL. Been real crazy ova here so I finally have some time to relax and chat a lil bit!

Meya, I know you THOUGHT I was hiding behind rocks. Ill be in there as soon as im done reading all these dang posts and reviews... Ive missed so dang much :cool: I was only gone 3 days!
15 years 4 months ago #45