Our Economy and the fall of the dollar

Replied by pamela2 on topic hey i got the staple

hey i got the staple gun ready lets staple his (sorry mike) @#$%^&*() to the floor of a tank and send his sorry @#$%^&*() into the battle field and see how he likes it or put him out on the streets where alot of people is gonna be before this is over with and see how many people just walk on by and ignore him!!!! or better yet let him visit all the soldiers families that have died for him so him and his rich posse can sit and not worry about anything!!! sorry i got out of hand :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #46

Replied by Meya on topic They are closing schools left

They are closing schools left and right out here in Calif. I think it is horrible, they are talking aobut no funds and we dont have the money. Do you think that I will target our childrens education? Where do they think our next president is going to come from 20 years from now? I hope they don't think it is going to be our past president's brother. Who do they think pays for social security? Not the ones who invented it. The future starts with our children, if you take their foundation and pack too much on top of it, it is going to crumble. Stop targeting our schools and laying off our teachers. Instead go into the white house and the government officails and demand them to reduce their salaries. Let's see if Bush will do something about that.

Shhhhh! I think I hear and see dead people. Shhhhh, shhhhh be quiet pam. See look closer, listen...shhhhhhh. Ohhhhhh never mind, I see it clearly now, it was only Bush.
:fun: :fun: :fun: :fun:
15 years 11 months ago #47

Replied by pamela2 on topic are they thinking about closing

are they thinking about closing schools???? gosh i hope not! Where i live i really dont see how they keep buses running? At one time they was thinking about letting the kids out here Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday and let them go to school 4 days a week. That would be like a mini vacation for my daughter, she would love that!!!!!!! :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #48

Replied by Meya on topic Good questions, but I would

Good questions, but I would say, let's not only ask why the Chronicle can't grow some balls and ask these questions. Why can't someone have balls enough to impeach Bush for those reasons? He is the cause for all of the down-falls in our growing economy.

You think that $800 billion couldn't have gone towards helping our own country?

You are dog gone right! It could have fed the poor, by-passed "The Hosuing Crunch", kept our gas prices neutral, kept schools open (the main foundation of our future), funded after school programs, etc, etc, etc. This list goes on, this is just what makes me angry.
15 years 11 months ago #49

Replied by Scribes on topic Why doesn't the Chronicle grow

Why doesn't the Chronicle grow some balls and explain why the economy REALLY went south. We invaded a country without provocation, something we'd never ever done before in the history of our nation. How can anyone know what we could have expected? We have spent $800 BILLION in Iraq folks, and believe you me, that is a conservative estimate. You think that $800 billion couldn't have gone towards helping our own country? Gee, I sure think so! :scared: Isn't it POSSIBLE that the uncertainty of the conflict in Iraq for four years in 2007 might have led to an undecided market that caused stocks to pull back, forcing companies to start laying off left and right, causing unemployment to rise, and in turn causing people to start missing mortgage payments and knocking out mortgage companies?! It's all one very vicious circle, kiddies. Blame the Bush Administration, and especially the moron in chief that decided no one was going to mess with his Daddy. *GROWL*

Okay, calm now... :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #50

Replied by Meya on topic Hummm, does that mean you

Hummm, does that mean you are calling me a "San Franciscan" :laugh:

Yes I did, I love sfgate.com. I have used a lot of resources in here for school projects and every day personal use.
15 years 11 months ago #51
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

Good evening everone:

This is an interesting article posted in the San Francisco Chronicle. You might have read it already Meya. The article gives you a sobering enlightening to our economy and the almighty dollar

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/04/26/MNUJ109A76.DTL
15 years 11 months ago #52