Our Economy and the fall of the dollar

Replied by Scribes on topic And did smcc call me

And did smcc call me a lady back there in another post? I think he did. I'm gonna have to have a little chat with him. Hasn't he been reading my hot, flirtatious posts to Meya?! Does that make me a woman?! Although, that could be pretty hot too... :D :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #31

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Nicely put..scribe. I agree.............

Nicely put..scribe. I agree.............
15 years 11 months ago #32

Replied by Scribes on topic Of course society is to

Of course society is to blame. We voted the little jerk into office, didn't we? :D I'm not saying we didn't help our situation any with blown-up mortgages and credit limits, but neither did we help ourselves by invading Iraq. Do you think if we didn't have this war, America would have been better apprised of the financial dangers we were facing? Oh yeah. :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #33

Replied by Rockin35 on topic To SMCC, Yes we(society) have to

To SMCC,

Yes we(society) have to take some responsibility when it comes to the Sub-Prime home loans and being more accountable. I think some families get so wrapped up into coveting their neighbors and co workers houses/cars that we kinda get ahead of ourselves before truly evaluating our financial committments and weighing them against how much we can afford. Everyone wants the dream.

So their isnt just one particular thing to look at, here. THere's several, with the new bush laws, lendors, salaries shrinking yet inflation rising, poor governmental practices. There are just too many factors to look at. I'm not a Bush Basher but nor am I a supporter. Rockin35!!
15 years 11 months ago #34

Replied by Meya on topic Good question smcc. I am

Good question smcc. I am not a homeowner, but plan to do so in the near future. Before I sign anything, I am going to take a couple of free classes prior to purchasing. There are a lot things that you do not buy everyday in life and the main two are a house and a car. We, as buyers, have to be very careful when making a 5 or 6 year loan for a car and most definitley a 30 year loan. I understand the anxiety of wanting to own your own home, and knowing that you have a chance at one is a rush in your face. So I have to say that the government should not be the blame in this one.
:worried:
15 years 11 months ago #35
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Ok ladies I hear that

Ok ladies I hear that nobody likes Bush. I agree with all of you. But let me ask you this, for all the money spent on the war that could have been spent on the problems within the U.S., if there was no war that money still would not have been spent on the problems we face everyday.

The mortgage crisis, most of that can be blamed on society and not the government. Those adjustable Rate Mortgages that everyone was involved in, most of if not all really didn't know what they were signing. Who do you blame here? The one issuing the loan, or the recipient not reading in full what they were signing? Even if they didn't understand the paperwork, when signing for that kind of money shouldn't you be sure?

I agree with everyone's assessment here, but shouldn't society shoulder some of the blame?
15 years 11 months ago #36

Replied by Meya on topic Powerful words scribes! I don't

Powerful words scribes! I don't even know what to say.
:relieved:
15 years 11 months ago #37

Replied by Scribes on topic AMEN ON THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you

AMEN ON THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know you see all these actors portray presidents in movies! like in the movie "INDEPENDENCE DAY" he gets right out there and fights among the little people so he can help save the world. do any of you think bush would heck no he would probably hide in the bunkers until it was over and then he would come out and see how many voters was left to vote.

To me, Bush has some very major flaws. First of all, he's spoiled rotten. It's either his way or the highway, and he's right even if he's wrong. Vanity Fair wrote an article once that talked about a young college-age Bush playing tennis with friends, and he wasn't very good, and he kept losing. However he forced his friends to keep playing until he won. That's what SCARES me about this a***He's going to play the Iraq war until HE wins, which won't happen, so he's just going to let the scene play out and save it for Obama to clean up. A sniveling, whining, bratty boy who doesn't know the meaning of the word "futility", nor does he know how to lose graciously. Bush's comments about not caring what the country thinks just solidifies it.

Bush is just trying a different tactic to try to get a different outcome in Iraq. One where HE is the winner, not the insurgency. Can you just see him screaming to the Pentagon, "I don't like how the war is going, let's do over! I wasn't ready!"?

Here, George. Play with some toy soldiers. Maybe THEN you can win. Playing with the lives of innocent human beings because you want a "do-over" isn't normal.

It borders on pure insanity.

Secondly, he is a crappy businessman. He's bankrupted every business he's had, and he didn't even have the business smarts to save an oil company -- which is his chief core of knowledge. He has no idea how to handle the finances of a company -- let alone how to handle the budgets of our nation.

Third, the man is A-100% unintelligent. His I.Q. is rated a 92, which is a little under-average. His speeches are without integrity, and he mixes up words left and right. There are at least 1,000 "Bushisms" listed for this jack a***showing how he messed up words. On the day he was sworn in, in 2001, he called Greeks "Grecians". There is video of him trying to push at a pull-door, and giving a German member of parliament a surprise shoulder massage. He is a little boy inside a grown man.

Fourth, this man has been arrested for drunk and disorderly and cocaine possession. He's been drunk for at least 20 years of his life, and AP photos show him enjoying beer and wine now and then. If you were a former drunk -- would you really be drinking?! There is proof that Bush is given mind-altering drugs to deal with depression every day. That mixed with the alcohol must make for some fun press conferences, as the one from Monday showed. If you didn't see it, hopefully you can catch it somehow. It's a thing of horrible beauty. This man clearly looks clueless about everything.

Finally, Bush's proclaimed "born again Christian" mentality has swayed hard with favor in his terms. He tried to abolish abortion outright and prevent gays from being married. There is no doubt in my mind that Bush is catering to the right-wing Christians at this stage, because it's all that he has left. He has never CARED about this country -- only the people who voted for him. Sadly for him, the right-wing Christians are in disarray now because of global warming. Suddenly they want to save Earth. But Bush still can't believe in global warming.

A side-note: A Miami news service reported in 2006 that George W. Bush had purchased 98,840 acres in Paraguay, near the Bolivian/Brazilian border.

It has already been reported that Jenna Bush did indeed pay a secret diplomatic visit to Paraguayan President Nicanor Duarte and U.S. Ambassador James Cason. There were no press conferences, no public sightings and no official confirmation of her 10-day trip.

The Paraguayan Senate voted in the summer of 2005 to “grant U.S. troops immunity from national and International Criminal Court (ICC) jurisdiction.”

Immediately afterwards, 500 heavily armed U.S. troops arrived with various planes, choppers and land vehicles at Mariscal Estigarribia Air base, which happens to be at the northern tip of Paraguay near the Bolivian/Brazilian border. More have reportedly arrived since then.

America’s ambassador to Paraguay, James Cason was posted in Havana in 2002, but in 2005 Bush moved him to Paraguay. And Cason apparently gets around. A former “political adviser” to the U.S. Atlantic Command and NATO’s Supreme Allied Commander Atlantic, Cason has been stationed in El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama … basically everywhere the U.S. has run secret and not-so-secret wars over the past 30 years.

The State Department has ALREADY admitted that on top of all this, Al-Qaeda Terror camp cells EXIST in THIS SAME AREA!

So here’s a fun question, boys and girls:

Why might the president and his family need a 98,840-acre ranch in Paraguay, situated close by a known terrorist organization, protected by a semi-secret U.S. military base manned by American troops who have been exempted from war-crimes prosecution by the Paraguyan government?

Sounds like the great dictator is hatching an exit strategy of his own...

And we hear that extradition is impossible from Paraguay...

Oh, you know who else escaped to Paraguay? NAZIS! And former dictators!

Bush... Where the hell are you off to, boy? :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #38

Replied by pamela2 on topic AMEN ON THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you

AMEN ON THAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know you see all these actors portray presidents in movies! like in the movie "INDEPENDENCE DAY" he gets right out there and fights among the little people so he can help save the world. do any of you think bush would heck no he would probably hide in the bunkers until it was over and then he would come out and see how many voters was left to vote.
15 years 11 months ago #39

Replied by Scribes on topic Yeah I sort of realized

Yeah I sort of realized that scribes, but not four sure until I heard it from you...lol. Well I will tell you this, they should have never let Katherine Bates star in the movie "Misery" because she taught me a cool way to keep my kids out of the army. If Bush sends anyone to my door thinking that they are going to defend america, I am going to tell them how much I love them, why I am doing this, put wooden blocks between their feet and bust some ankles (temporary).

No body is getting my boys, I would rather let them gang bang first. If I have no other choice, I am going to camp at David, and have a scope on the white house because when I get the message "Sorry your son's died fighting for us" the white house is blown to shreds. I will continue what Bin Laden missed.

Watch it, you're starting to sound pretty lively there.[/quote] off about murdering Iraqis in Haditha, they can pretty much lie about anything. :scared: And I'm with you, honey. I think Al-Qaeda (if it WAS Al-Qaeda) went after the wrong target... I'm ready to see a major revolution in this nation, and I'm not afraid to say I hope the people in this country one day finally get fed up with EVERYTHING and we see a "V for Vendetta" scenario. "People shouldn't fear their government. The government should fear its people."
15 years 11 months ago #40

Replied by Meya on topic Yeah I sort of realized

Yeah I sort of realized that scribes, but did not for sure until I heard it from you...lol. Well I will tell you this, they should have never let Katherine Bates star in the movie "Misery" because she taught me a cool way to keep my kids out of the army. If Bush sends anyone to my door thinking that they are going to defend america, I am going to tell them how much I love them, why I am doing this, put wooden blocks between their feet and bust some ankles (temporary).

No body is getting my boys, I would rather let them gang bang first. If I have no other choice, I am going to camp at David, and have a scope on the white house because when I get the message "Sorry your son's died fighting for us" the white house is blown to shreds. I will continue what Bin Laden missed.
15 years 11 months ago #41

Replied by Scribes on topic *I* started it?! Hey, Bush

*I* started it?! Hey, Bush started it, honey.

Oh, forgot to mention something else. The Armed Forces, once they've accessed those records behind your BACK, can then COLD-CALL your house, ASK to speak to your son and daughter without identification -- then try to coax them into defending America. Isn't that lovely?! :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #42

Replied by Scribes on topic *I* started it?! Hey, Bush

*I* started it?! Hey, Bush started it, honey. :D Funny how someone brought up school closings. Here in Cleveland we shut down 22 schools last year, and another 40-50 or so are slated to be closed. Reason? Too expensive to keep teachers. School levies fail left and right, and not enough funds to go around. Gotta love that "No child Left Behind" huh? Here's a scoop. No Child Left Behind has NEVER been funded by the gov't. Not one thin dime. All NCLB does is allow the military free access to your kid's high school reports -- to see if he or she is 'worthy' material. :cheesing: Didn't know that did ya?
15 years 11 months ago #43

Replied by liowkc on topic The mighty dollar is no

The mighty dollar is no longer mighty; the US economy is in recession and oil prices are spriralling upwards no thanks to the very weak $. One analyst even predicted that oil price will go up to $200.
15 years 11 months ago #44

Replied by Meya on topic See how Bush makes us

See how Bush makes us talk, scribes started it. Scribes always starting something. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry smcc, we just a little carried away here! :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #45