For foreign students

Replied by saurabh on topic hi there i dont have much

hi there
i dont have much knowledge but i think that if you fulfill all the formalities of the bank and have a valid reason for loan and can make the bank believe that you can repay it,then you can get the loan.
16 years 1 week ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Well it did not work

Well it did not work for me!
16 years 1 week ago #2

Replied by ceprateek on topic you can get a credit

you can get a credit card, only requirement is that you college/university should approve you that it.
16 years 1 week ago #3
  • descorpio
  • descorpio's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by descorpio on topic The reply was useful. And

The reply was useful. And it will be more useful when spend in the right way. Else will lead to difficult situations.
16 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by Finance Globe on topic There is no government requirement

There is no government requirement for requiring a SSAN for obtaining credit. I do believe that banks are less reluctant to give prepaid debit cards in a situation like this.

Your social security number is your credit lifeline. Without it, banks would not be able to determine your credit reputation.

On the other hand, I heard that Bank of America may issue small lines of credit for their customers that have had a checking account with them in good standing for at least 3 months. This could be a start!
16 years 1 month ago #5
  • descorpio
  • descorpio's Avatar Topic Author

was created by descorpio

I wanted to know whether any bank provides a credit card for foreign students those who come here for their higher education. What are all the procedures for them and is that so difficult to get a card from them.. Because most of them do not know many of the procedures here.
16 years 1 month ago #6