How to find REAL investors to fund your projects

Replied by sanju123 on topic Thanks scribes,I will definitely keep

Thanks scribes,I will definitely keep the suggestions in mind and probably will get back to you again as I am planning to start up with a project on education soon.Probably the tips will help me find a financier and that too a genuine one.
15 years 11 months ago #1
  • Scribes
  • Scribes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Scribes on topic Uh, y'know, I wrote this

Uh, y'know, I wrote this about a month ago. :-P Oh well, late praise is better than none. :D Thanks, I just realize what a lot of people go through, and I'm currently dealing with a couple of clients that are in suspicious situations. I should add one more little rule here: DON'T PAY UPFRONT FEES. :D
15 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Wow scribes, this is really

Wow scribes, this is really helpful. I will keep this in my notes to refer everyone over to when they have QUESTIONS in regards to funding thier projects. I have read a few key points in there that has been asked across the board, this will really shed some light for them.

Where were you when I needed you for a research project for English 120 (Business writing), I pay pretty good.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Again, nice informative writing!
15 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by princee18 on topic hi scribes, its really a

hi scribes, its really a nice and informative article.It can be very helpul for all of us to choose a good investor for our projects.Thanx for the info...
15 years 11 months ago #4
  • Scribes
  • Scribes's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Scribes

This is an article we wrote on our website. We hope it's helpful. :-)

It's getting painfully obvious that the World Wide Web is not the best arena one should be participating in to find funding for various projects -- nor is it really much safer for bona-fide investors who are looking for legitimate projects to fund. So many people have ran into their share of frauds, scams, and outright federal crimes as a result of hard work, or worse, ungodly "due diligence" fees which have to be provided upfront. Moreover, in many instances, these fraudulent activities cause a chain reaction of sorts, and suddenly the lack of funding for one project leads to the lack of funding for other projects and so on. Soon several apologies have to be made to a lot of people who depended on others and no one gets what they were looking for, despite the time, effort and especially the money.

A special message to brokers: When you take a project, or business owner, under your wing, you have a responsibility to keep them out of harm's way, to look only for real people, in the real world. Not sit at a computer, and run a project through a "shopping site" like a worm on a hook in the hopes that some investor will bite and land you a hefty commission. You have to get OUT there. You have to sit down and talk to people face to face. That is what is really missing in this day and age. 9/11 did so much more damage than you might think. We were a paranoid nation to begin with, but the tragic events of September 11th closed the books on trust and integrity. Throw in the current state of our economy. No matter how many band-aids the Feds want to put on the open wound of recession, it's NOT healing, as much as they want you to believe the contrary. Is it any wonder that things just keep getting worse and the scams keep getting better and more frequent. We are a nation of "miners" right now. They live by the creed "What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine." They WILL do whatever it takes to get your money -- short of visiting your house in the middle of the night to rob you.

Now, we have heard our share of horror stories in the past, and we have lived a few of them right along with all of you. We've seen the same movie, and we screamed too. The bottom line is -- what can we do?

We propose to all of you to consider these appropriate steps when looking for an investor for your projects that need funding:

Chamber of Commerce

Visit your local Chamber of Commerce, and consider joining it. The Chamber of Commerce includes sharp businesspeople, lawyers, doctors, traders, the cream of the community, really. You'll want to join them just for a chance to rub elbows and talk to them, possibly set up a dinner meeting, etc. It's a good way to gain some valuable contacts, so take business cards with you at every event. The Chamber of Commerce is very active in community events and social gatherings. They take part in political salvos from time to time, and help celebrities for local fund-raisers. If your community is absent a Chamber of Commerce, find the largest city you are close to and take a ride out to their headquarters. Be seen and heard.

Give Religion a Try

Secondly, consider your local church. Your church undoubtedly has founders, a Men's Guild or some sort of group with prominent members of your city like councilmen, legal advisors, etc. If you're in good standing with your church, chances are great that you already have friends that can help you -- if you ask. And they may know people you can contact. Start with your pastor/minister. He should know the backgrounds of just about everyone in the church. After all, that's part of his job, to nurture and help the congregation. What do you think those weekly offerings go towards?

I Want My Lawyer

Another option is your own legal attorney. If you have not hired legal representation yet, you really ought to consider this as well. It is incredibly valuable to know someone in the legal field not only to help you, but to help you meet people.

Get High on Society

One final rather extreme option is to join a country club. It may seem looney to consider, but you'd be surprised just whom you can meet. Most of the members of a country club have outstanding knowledge about stocks, bonds, trading, investments -- and more than a few of these people could be instrumental to ask questions of. Don't just hand your business card out the first day either. Meet everyone, and get to be friends. Yes, the fees are expensive, but look at it this way -- if you can afford to pay some broker $20,000 in upfront fees, you surely can spend that same amount of money for a country club membership, and gain some unbelievable contacts for a full year.

We realize your project is important to you. We have projects we still seek funders for from time to time, but we're doing it the right way. In order to succeed, people must know about you, and the best way to do that is to let people meet you. So, get off of your computer, get out into the real world -- and never give up on your dreams. Somewhere, help is waiting.

Paula and Paul
The Scribes
16 years 5 hours ago #5