Collections Account

Replied by Wanderer on topic Citi credit cards

In my case, Citi Bank has been good about allowing product changes without obtaining hard inquiries. To say everyone can do it? I don't know. Seems as I read on different blogs nothing is for sure. In your case call the CSR and explain you want to product change from whatever Citi Card you have now and see if they will move you to the City Double Cash Back. In my case, every product change has maintained the same terms and conditions overall. Again, a question to ask. Note, not every Citi Bank Card can be product changed. Some people have used the "chat" feature. For myself I have had good luck with the telephone.
7 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Breakinger on topic Citi credit cards

Wanderer wrote: Citi Bank trys to accomodate cardholder needs and will allow for a card that is not on the website. Recently several people product changed at Citi and got what they requested. In summary, this has been going on for a long time and will continue in to the future.

I currently have had my Citi card for 4 years now. I've been thinking about switching mine to the Citi Double Cash card because I think that it will fit my needs better than the one that I have now. Do you think that they will do this with the current APR that I have now?
7 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: HSBC Cash or Fly

The FG website states that the HSBC Platinum Mastercard (like the Cash or Fly card) are no longer available. This is not the case. I applied on the 25th of March and have been approved with a 2500.00 limit.

This is one of those confusions in the credit world. Different card issuers authorize different websites to offer their cards at different times. Not all sites are approved to offer the same cards at the same time (including FG). Also, often a card issuer will allow a cardholder to product change or upgrade to a card that is no longer available. Why? Your guess is as good as mine? Marketing and cardholder satisfaction. So, I have had it happen to me. Different sites told me a certain card was not available and I found it elsewhere and applied or product changed. Citi Bank trys to accomodate cardholder needs and will allow for a card that is not on the website. Recently several people product changed at Citi and got what they requested. In summary, this has been going on for a long time and will continue in to the future.
11 years 4 days ago #3

Replied by tbboko802 on topic HSBC Cash or Fly

The FG website states that the HSBC Platinum Mastercard (like the Cash or Fly card) are no longer available. This is not the case. I applied on the 25th of March and have been approved with a 2500.00 limit.
11 years 5 days ago #4
  • SAR1954
  • SAR1954's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by SAR1954 on topic Re: Collections Account

Thanks, credit scores on TU, Experian and Equifax all shot up between 40-50 points.. was happy to see that.. no more negative accounts !! :thumbsup:
11 years 6 days ago #5

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Collections Account

I recently ran into a situation where I disputed a collections account that I thought wasn’t any longer my responsibility, etc. After my dispute I realized it hadn’t been taken care of. So, because I disputed the account the agency worked with me. I paid them off today for less then what was owed, and they agreed (in writing) to remove the account from all major bureaus. I was happy to see they worked with me because other than the fact that I filed a Ch 13 BK in 2008 which is no discharged which is the only negative account I had reporting.

Nice work! Congrats! You have set a great path to the future in credit and we are fortunate to have had an opportunity to learn from how you handled the many challenges. Impressed!!! :thumbsup:
11 years 2 weeks ago #6
  • SAR1954
  • SAR1954's Avatar Topic Author

was created by SAR1954

I recently ran into a situation where I disputed a collections account that I thought wasn’t any longer my responsibility, etc. After my dispute I realized it hadn’t been taken care of. So, because I disputed the account the agency worked with me. I paid them off today for less then what was owed, and they agreed (in writing) to remove the account from all major bureaus. I was happy to see they worked with me because other than the fact that I filed a Ch 13 BK in 2008 which is no discharged which is the only negative account I had reporting. :thumbsup:
11 years 2 weeks ago #7