SAAB Automotive

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: SAAB Automotive

Moneyes wrote:

FrankN wrote: Its very hard for the US to compete in manufacturing. Globally we are just not as competitive.

When you have countries whose standard of living is way below ours, the workers will take half of what we typically get paid and they'll have a good life......according to the standards of that society. Corporations know this and take advantage of it.

That is exactly right. In theory that works for both parties as well. Consumers (US) get a cheaper product, which we like, and the other country gets improving wages, and more work, which improves their standard of living.
7 years 2 hours ago #1

Replied by Moneyes on topic Re: SAAB Automotive

FrankN wrote: Its very hard for the US to compete in manufacturing. Globally we are just not as competitive.

When you have countries whose standard of living is way below ours, the workers will take half of what we typically get paid and they'll have a good life......according to the standards of that society. Corporations know this and take advantage of it.
7 years 3 weeks ago #2

Replied by patse on topic Re: SAAB Automotive

I agree. Times are pretty tough for a lot of people. My friend has been trying to find a decent paying job for months. Something has to give soon. I wouldn't want to work for the auto industry.
7 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by FrankN on topic Re: SAAB Automotive

Its very hard for the US to compete in manufacturing. Globally we are just not as competitive.
7 years 10 months ago #4

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: SAAB Automotive

I remember when this happened. It was a really scary time for a lot of people. I just can't believe how much of this we have seen over the past few years. I hope that employment opportunities are going to start getting better soon.
7 years 10 months ago #5

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: SAAB Automotive

We were encouraged about a slightly improving economy a few months back. Now Saab Automotive announced it does not have enough cash to pay the hourly workers. Their hope is to borrow. What's next?

I believe SAAB was sold to Spyker. Which is a performance car maker.
12 years 9 months ago #6
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Wanderer

We were encouraged about a slightly improving economy a few months back. Now Saab Automotive announced it does not have enough cash to pay the hourly workers. Their hope is to borrow. What's next?
12 years 9 months ago #7