Auto Loan Question

Replied by FrankN on topic Auto Loan Question

I 100% get that. I know a lot of people like that.
6 years 1 month ago #1
  • Moneyes
  • Moneyes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Moneyes on topic Auto Loan Question

I don't think I'm going to go that route. If they run the VIN, the times I went into mechanic shops (who all record the VIN of the vehicle they're working on) will show all the major work I have done to it. That will likely lower the trade in value and, quite frankly, I have put so much money in routine mainenance and major work.......I just don't want to part ways with it.

It may sound funny, but there is an emotional attachment to it.
6 years 3 months ago #2

Replied by FrankN on topic Auto Loan Question

Moneyes, let us know how this works out.
6 years 3 months ago #3
  • Moneyes

Replied by Moneyes on topic Auto Loan Question

Well that gives me hope Wanderer. The amount of the loan wouldn't be nearly as much as for a new car, which plays into it as well.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Moneyes.
6 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Auto Loan Question

Speaking only from my experience, my credit standing has a definite influence. I have had no problems doing exactly what you asked and got 0% for 72 months to boot (after running the numbers and scenarios with cash incentives). It will be based on our own status with the various car dealers as to in store deals, manufacturer incentives, bank incentives and our own credit world (in most cases). There really is not one size fits all. Used cars tend to carry higher interest rates and shorter repay time lines and are generally lower in price due to how much life has been driven out of the vehicle (all of which you already knew). So I can say I have done this many times in the last fifteen plus years and it has worked very well.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Wanderer.
6 years 3 months ago #5
  • Moneyes

Auto Loan Question was created by Moneyes

How often do you think this happens? You still have an outstanding balance on an auto loan, but you want to trade that car in for another. Basically having to transfer that balance into another loan. Is it hard to do without stellar credit yet having stayed current on you payments?
6 years 3 months ago #6