2015 Site Overhaul

• Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: 2015 Site Overhaul

I'm glad you're enjoying the updates! You can go to "Community > Profile > Edit my Profile"
Then click on the account section where you can edit your old password. A direct link is here as well https://www.financeglobe.com/community/profile/edit-my-profile
8 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by BloodFood on topic Re: 2015 Site Overhaul

I am sure the changes will be worth, but there is one query I have about the password, if all the passwords were reset then what will be the process by which we can have our password reset.
8 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by BloodFood on topic Re: 2015 Site Overhaul

I just love the new updates, I am a member of financeglobe since its previous version and the developers and moderators have done a fantastic job.
8 years 8 months ago #3
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

The upgrade should take place next week. A newsletter will be sent following the upgrade. As a consequence it will be likely that your password will need to be reset, since we will be on a very new and up to date platform. It will be worth it!
8 years 9 months ago #4
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

I have decided to remove portfolios for markets and credit unions on the upgrade. General market data and quotes will still be available. This will allow concentration on the areas of Finance Globe that gets used quite a bit more, and drop the areas of general non-interest. I apologize for any inconveniences if you are using either of these 2 areas, and can help recommend resources if you need another solution. Thank you for your understanding.

Other than that, things are going very well and on schedule. If the rest of the upgrades go as planned, it should be about a week before the new site is launched! I will post a message a day before, and send out a newsletter with the announcement.
8 years 10 months ago #5
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Lots of things underway, the layout is improved from the original screenshot. Trying to make a real home for us!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59[/ATTACH]
8 years 10 months ago #6
Attachments:
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Great to hear from you Joe! I hate to hear that you're going through this, but most of us have been through financial hardships and roller-coasters before. Definitely a great place to get sound advice without the petty remarks.

I will let keep you posted when I'm ready for some testing.

Mike
8 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: 2015 Site Overhaul

Hey Mike,

Great decision! Feel free to ping me for a beta test. After reading below, you'll quickly understand why I need to be more active here on Finance Globe.

Unfortunately I've been hit hard the last two years. Between unexpected hardships, compulsive spending, and a drop of income, I have decided to file bankruptcy. :worried: At 24 years old I never expected this to happen. It's been a rough last few months emotionally dealing with this.

I've made some big adjustments in my spending and how I manage money. My bank ( Simple ) is helpful because everything is processed in real-time. Also going through some online courses to help.

To conclude, I'm sad and embarrassed it's happening to me, but also glad this happened now vs. in a few years. This way I can focus on rebuilding to buy a house within five years.
8 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by Roughdraft on topic Re: 2015 Site Overhaul

Cool! Looking forward to the updates.
8 years 11 months ago #9
  • Finance Globe
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

It's been a while since Finance Globe has changed. It's time the site gets a complete overhaul. Within the next month expect a new design change, from top to bottom.

This is what you can expect]

- Multiple device friendly (All pages will look good on mobile, tablet & desktop screens)
- Your user account will be moved. I will try to get all data synchronized but a password reset may be required to login.
- Better community interaction (with an improved social atmosphere)
- A standard layout, with clean and legible pages
- Financial videos

As you can imagine, this is a lot of work. I am converting thousands of areas such as pages, reviews, cards, forums, profiles, and calculators to one single platform. My goal is to create a seamless conversion with no bugs or headaches for you (just for mePlease post feedback or requests here. Needless to say, I cannot incorporate all requests, however ideas will be considered.

Homepage Screenshot:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57[/ATTACH]
8 years 11 months ago #10
Attachments: