Are you using less gas?

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

I need to learn how to ride a motorcycle before I get myself into anything!

The Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Riders Course will teach you how to ride. Here is the link to their website:

www.msf-usa.org

the website goes into detail about MSF and all they offer. HJM, check it out:cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #46

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

I need to learn how to ride a motorcycle before I get myself into anything! :cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #47

You're welcome. I hope you won't be disappointed. I sure wasn't.:cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #48

Rob, thanks for the info. I will definitely look into that.
15 years 8 months ago #49

What are the best motorcycles? Harley-Davidson? Just curious

HJM, I think it depends on what kind of riding you want to do. I don't think any motorcycle brand is better than another except the cheap ones from china that is sold on ebay. If you want to do some cross country travelling, a Harley or Honda Goldwing would be great because they have larger engines and really have the get up and go to keep up on the interstates. If you are wanting a bike for commuting to work or school or to just cruise main street then just about any smaller bike up to around 800cc's would be great. Scooters are good too for cruising town or cheap transportation to work plus you don't have to shift gears because they are automatic. If you buy a scooter, stay away from the chinese ones because they are junk. Buy a Honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki. Most scooters get around 100 mpg too. Me personally I don't care for Harleys. They are overrated and over priced. Give me a Yamaha Vstar or Kawasaki Vulcan anyday. If you are interested in learning more, drop in to your local cycle shop and just ask questions. Almost every biker I know is happy to talk about riding. Hope all this helps and thanks for asking. :cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #50

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

Why would they do that? The car has already been built.

They are not making any money and thier sales dropped 38.9% a month on turcks, and cars dropped 9.4 percent. Here is a link to it.
http://www.ktvu.com/automotive/16758725/detail.html

Here is another one focused more on Toyota
http://www.ktvu.com/money/16211098/detail.html
15 years 8 months ago #51

What are the best motorcycles? Harley-Davidson? Just curious
15 years 8 months ago #52

Thanks. If you are wondering, I have a Yamaha Vstar 650 Silverado. Its not a fast bike, but she cruises great between 50 and 60 mph. The only drawback to riding a bike is the weather but I imagine living in Southern Califonia you have warm weather year round. I live in the Ozark mountains so this winter I won't get to ride as much but I will be out there. Besides being cheaper on gas, the registration fees, tags, insurance is cheaper than cars and a lot of fun to ride. HJM you should check it out
15 years 8 months ago #53

Wow, your motorcycle gets really good gas mileage. The best MPG I've seen on cars around is 35-36 but that's on small compact cars. I can not fit into one of those things, it's just way too small for me. :cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #54

Maybe to recycle them into motorcycles and mopeds. It's been in the news that more and more people are buying motorcycles to get around on. I ride mine almost everyday and get 48 to 51 mpg with it as opposed to my jeep which gets 16 mpg around town. I don't drive it unless its raining.
15 years 8 months ago #55

15 years 8 months ago #56

They are too small for me. I have a family of 5 so, I am not going to even tryi it. Car dealers are taking big hits themeselves, you see that Toyota is sending some of their cars back to the manufactuer.
15 years 8 months ago #57

A lot of car manufacturers were supposed to create a breakthrough technology with powering your car instead of gas. Where are they? Hybrid cars are cool but with switching from electric to gas and vice versa daily wears out the car pretty fast.
15 years 8 months ago #58

Replied by keys on topic Re: Are you using less gas?

I feel sorry for those that drive in order to make a living. I bet it's hard for them to just break even.
15 years 8 months ago #59

Wow, you can look down the street and see the next bus comming in San Francisco. We do have a handful of busses that runs slow like every 30 minutes or something but I don't let it bother me unless it is raining. Until then, I just sit back and keep putting the HIGH priced gas in my car and try to block it out until someone asks me for a ride. That's when I snap!
:upset:
15 years 8 months ago #60