Hello To All

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Hello To All

startnova, I have had many hours of exp with collection agencies. And to be completely honest, avoid them like the plague.

Like HJM said, if you have the money to pay it off (pay only the original creditor) do not even waste your time paying those low-life parasites (collection agencies). If your debt is currently with the collection agency and not with the original creditor, simply give it some time until it gets sold back to the original creditor and pay it off immed (thats what I did with GEMB and Cap One and both of them gave me another card). Dealing with collection agencies can be really tough. If you are overloaded with CC debts and need some assistance, this is the perfect place to get that from. If you need help with collection agencies, this website has helped me out tremendously and is full of great knowledge www.budhibbs.com .

Hope this is helpful...
15 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Paid in full vs Settlement offer

If you have the funds to pay off your balances, pay them off. BUT, send the original creditor a letter telling them that you have the funds to pay off your debt but if you do indeed pay them, they have to delete the baddie off your report. Do NOT make any payments until you have an agreement in writing from them because they can cash your payment and not delete the baddie.
15 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by startnova on topic Paid in full vs Settlement offer

Hi Guys,
I am new here and was just going through the forums on some of the different tips and explanations that you guys offer about credit. I used to have excellent credit. Had a lot of credit cards, two incomes and not a care in the world. Well to make a long story short, two incomes became one and some things are more important than others (i.e. rent, car pmt, car insurance). So now I have a good bit of debt to pay off that has gone to collections. While I have plan that is scheduled to be set in motion with in the next 30 days, I do have one question. Is it better to pay the full balance or settlement offer once its in collections with an outside agency? and how will it show up on your credit report? (i know that was two questions:innocent:). Can some one please shed some light on this for me? Thanks in advance.
15 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

hey guys,
i know this is not the right place for my question, but i am a newbie and cannot figure out how to post a new thread. my question is

I don't have one or know if you have one in your area, but wouldn't Kay Jewelers be a good one, since they've been approving just about everyone here lately and I think they report to all three bureaus. Guys correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:
15 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Hello To All

Hi, and welcome to th FG Network! We are so glad you found us. Now let's answer those questions that you have

1. You want to know what cards pulls from EQ the most right, here is the credit pulls data base link, but let me tell you this, creditors will make a change, it is not always 100% because I have seen people who swear up and down that this credit will only pull from a certain CB, and then baam another CB was pulled. But this will give you heads up. When you get there, use the tool-bars on top to search for EQ and what score range you are looking for
https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/credit-card-status.shtml

2. I see you have Crown Jewelers, Kay's would have been your best choice. Total and First premiere:embarrassed: yuk! Orchard, Capital one, and Hooter's is your best choice. Here is a link where you can see which cards are nice to apply for
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=361&highlight=nice+cards

3. Before you make a move, make sure you know your scores, if you do then use the score match to find the best cards that fit or match your credit range. The worst thing you can do is apply for cards that are above your credit worthiness. Those denials will cause you to get denied by cards you would have been approved for. Inq's are the road to rejection and decreases from your current creditors. So don't choose many.
https://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/

4. Here is a link to solve any difficulties with posting. Once you read it, you can not go wrong. If you are stuck, or forget, don;t worry about it because I will help you all the way through. We all make errors, and I still do so don't be shy or embarrassed, just put this little smiley in when you do:innocent:....lol, jk.

Short cut to how to post https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=532

Difference between new topic and post reply https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=607

Good Luck, and I hope this helped!
15 years 3 months ago #5

Replied by sphj413 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

hey guys,
i know this is not the right place for my question, but i am a newbie and cannot figure out how to post a new thread. my question is: what's an easy card to get that will report to EQ? i have Total & First Premier. also got the Crown Jewelers w/ CL of $2500, but they don't report to EQ. i'm looking to buy a car this year and EQ is what they are going to check on the east coast.

Thanks,
sphj
15 years 3 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

KMoney, keep up the good work and you will make it to the top.

Good Luck
15 years 8 months ago #7

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I totally agree Bramford I am on the road to repairing my credit now. It has not been an easy one but through reading and then putting into action the things that I have read are really helping me. Before I came to this site I wouldn't even apply for a CC but now look at me I have 2 CC's now LOL!
15 years 8 months ago #8
  • bramford
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by bramford on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Bramford, you first started out with First Premier CC

Hi KMoney. Before I started to fix my credit situation, I looked at my financial situation, and then made a plan as to how to turn my credit around. I was not about to wait 3 to 5 years to get my credit back on track. I just do not have the patience. My story of turning around my credit around is a long and probably boring one, but maybe some day I will publish it as a book :cheesing: . In the end, all I can say is, as the old saying goes : "People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan."

Sincerely:

Bramford :: laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #9

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Bramford, you first started out with First Premier CC
15 years 8 months ago #10

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Book Recommendation

Hello to everyone. I would like to recommend this book to everyone, even though you may already know a lot of the content that is written in it.

"Your Credit Score"
By

Hi Bramford thanks for the book recommendation. I will check it out.
15 years 8 months ago #11

It makes the CSR's look bad performance-wise when you ask to be transferred because they are not able to do their job right so that's why they don't like it.
15 years 8 months ago #12

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Hi hjm331. Yes, but after a while asking to speak to a manager becomes annoying, and besides how do you know that you are speaking to a manager anyway. I do not want or have to deal with a credit card company that has incompetent, inefficient, and careless CS that might screw up my credit. I do not need or have to deal with the aggravation, I have enough aggravation in my own life already.

I hear ya Bramford, usually i just hang up from First Premier...after my first card, they declined my CLI, but sent me another card. I think I asked for a CLI four times on the first card..and just hung up the phone when they tried to explain why i didn't get it...they didn't care one way or another...until Rob told me you can ask for it online..and that's when the magic happened. Trust me, I'm very calm, always bet to the point...but i have no patience with ignorance..so i just hang up...sometime i'll say ("How about tranfering the call to someone else that could help me?") CSRs don't like when i say that.
15 years 8 months ago #13

That's why I'm thinking about closing my Best Buy MC and keeping my Best Buy store card.
15 years 8 months ago #14
  • bramford
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by bramford on topic Book Recommendation

Hello to everyone. I would like to recommend this book to everyone, even though you may already know a lot of the content that is written in it.

"Your Credit Score"
By : Liz Pulliam Weston

Sincerely:

Bramford :white-flag: :innocent: :white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #15