FICO 08 good & bad

Replied by Meya on topic Re: FICO 08 good & bad

:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:
14 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by tosha29 on topic Re: FICO 08 good & bad

Check yourself into this club and call it a year or two]https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/clubs/creditaddicts/[/URL]

I just joined the club Meya, and this is me all the way, I just can't help it, maybe I got too much time on my hand lol. Thanks!
14 years 7 months ago #2

Check yourself into this club and call it a year or two:laugh: https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/clubs/creditaddicts/
14 years 7 months ago #3

If you've started getting denials, its time to lay low until some of your inquiries fall off and you build some history on the accounts you were approved for. The JCPenney Card is backed by GE Money Bank. I would stay away from all of their products.

Thank you Charonh for the advice, I guess I'll wait for 2 years before I apply for anything else. Another thing, I'll be done with my car note next month, I'm not paying it off early, just on time. How will this effect my credit scores?
14 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by charonh on topic Re: FICO 08 good & bad

If you've started getting denials, its time to lay low until some of your inquiries fall off and you build some history on the accounts you were approved for. The JCPenney Card is backed by GE Money Bank. I would stay away from all of their products.
14 years 7 months ago #5

I wouldn't worry about your points right now because it's impossible to rebuild credit without applying for new accounts. You just have to make sure that you don't apply for too many all at once. I believe that rebuilding with 3 credit cards for a year or two is enough to put you where you want to be in the credit game.

ok! I am in the trying to rebuild my credit and I already have 2 cc as of June 2009, when do you think I should apply for another card. BTW I applied for a jcpenny and the denied me a few weeks ago and I have an orchard and capital 1.
14 years 7 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: FICO 08 good & bad

I wouldn't worry about your points right now because it's impossible to rebuild credit without applying for new accounts. You just have to make sure that you don't apply for too many all at once. I believe that rebuilding with 3 credit cards for a year or two is enough to put you where you want to be in the credit game.
14 years 7 months ago #7

I believe they are gonna drop. The new FICO scoring system was talking about this. But hey, look at the bright side, you will building your own, and will only be dealing with your consequences

Yeah that's true, but about how many points do you think they will drop?
14 years 7 months ago #8

I believe they are gonna drop. The new FICO scoring system was talking about this. But hey, look at the bright side, you will building your own, and will only be dealing with your consequences.:embarrassed:
14 years 7 months ago #9

When my boyfriend removed my accounts from his file, his credit score went up by 75 pts. I don't know if yours will be the same, but it should go up some nonetheless. His (boyfriend) credit file is fairly new and any balance close to its limit impacts his score tremendously. He was happy the day all of mine (accounts) were removed from his credit file, lol

Thanks for the info Charonh, I was thinking my scores were going to drop because I'm removing history off my report.
14 years 7 months ago #10

When my boyfriend removed my accounts from his file, his credit score went up by 75 pts. I don't know if yours will be the same, but it should go up some nonetheless. His (boyfriend) credit file is fairly new and any balance close to its limit impacts his score tremendously. He was happy the day all of mine (accounts) were removed from his credit file, lol.:laugh:
14 years 7 months ago #11

Tosha when did you send in your dispute? It can take up to 30 days for them to remove inaccurate/incorrect information/accounts. Have they sent you a letter informing you of the outcome? Also, if you have the confirmation number they gave you when you submitted your dispute request you can go online to check the status or they should have given you a number to call.

I have received a confirmation number, but what I would like to know is what effect this will have on my credit score if the accounts are removed from my credit report.
14 years 7 months ago #12

Tosha when did you send in your dispute? It can take up to 30 days for them to remove inaccurate/incorrect information/accounts. Have they sent you a letter informing you of the outcome? Also, if you have the confirmation number they gave you when you submitted your dispute request you can go online to check the status or they should have given you a number to call.
14 years 7 months ago #13

Can someone please help me!! I was an authorized user on my fiancee credit cards but he's not keeping his balances low so I removed my name from the cards. I have also sent in a dispute to have these cards removed from my credit report. If they are removed from my report, how will this effect my credit scores.
14 years 7 months ago #14

Here's why there is a difference. When the interest rates rises, they will accept individuals with lower ranking scores, when they are low, they accept those with higher ranking scores. Now, you have to remember that last year, those with scores in the 700's were ranked as excellent, now since credit has went to the extreme, they are looking for those in the high 800's to be considered as excellent. Each site does not have identical information, but i put all my trust in FG, can't tell you about the rest.:cool:
14 years 7 months ago #15