Capital One Credit Steps

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

AmyB, don't feel bad because you're not the only one that's not getting CLI's from them.
14 years 11 months ago #31

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

I think the freeze must be recent because last month I called for a CLI and got the response that I needed to wait at least 6mo between requests.
14 years 11 months ago #32

Replied by AmyB98 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

FYI. I just called Capital One (backdoor #) to get an increase and I was told that they have temporarily put a freeze on CLI's except for very few (probably have to have 800 score). It has been 7 months since my last increase, so they appear that they are only offering them via the Credit Steps and then no more increases. Just thought this might save all of you some time in calling in for now.
14 years 11 months ago #33

I wish they converted my card to a cashback rewards card.
14 years 11 months ago #34

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

I have two cards with CapitalOne. How I was getting my CLIs was a mix of automatic and requested but in 3 month intervals.
ON my standard Mastercard, the highest CL I could each is $1,000. They stopped me at $750.
On my Visa, the highest CL was capped at $3,000 and they left me at $1,500.

You stated that they incrased your APR recently. They havent done that to me yet. But maybe by them cutting off my CLIs it does the justice??? IDK.

CIREONE]

(My CapOne card was capped at $3000, but when I requested the CLI 9/2008 it went over and automatically turned into a rewards card cause ever since the CLI, my statements have a reward/point section)
14 years 11 months ago #35

I wish they gave me that extra $500 and never raised my limit again. It's been bugging me because I'm so close to having half of a 5 figure CL but it's not going to happen anytime soon.
14 years 11 months ago #36

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

Don't feel bad, you are not the only one who is getting brush-offs from cap1! I believe it will get better soon.
14 years 11 months ago #37

I've only been able to get a CLI from them every 6 months after the Credit Steps CLI's.

I'm going to call them today and see if they can give me an increase. My current CL is at $4,550 and I REALLY want that extra $500 to bring my limit to $5k. It's been bugging me for a while.
15 years 6 hours ago #38

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

Cireone, you said that you were getting ur CapOne CLI in a time manner... Now how often were u getting them until it stopped? Were they automatic or by request? Also, if u dont mine me asking, what is ur CL now with C1, maybe youve hit the cap on the specific card u have.

(Its time for me to ask for a CLI on my CapOne. Thats why I have lots of questions, LOL)

From what I understand, people who got the Credit Steps letter only guaranteed them the first CLI w/in 3-4 statements. The letter says nothing about consecutive CLI....

This is my CL history w. CapOne]
06/22/07 - Opened

> $500.00
10/09/07 - Auto/Credit Steps --> $750.00
03/06/08 - By Request
> $1,250.00
09/10/08 - By Request
> $3,250.00

Its been six months since the last CLI, I wanna call and ask for a CLI but I doubt they will give me one since they did an APR increase on my CC.

I have two cards with CapitalOne. How I was getting my CLIs was a mix of automatic and requested but in 3 month intervals.
ON my standard Mastercard, the highest CL I could each is $1,000. They stopped me at $750.
On my Visa, the highest CL was capped at $3,000 and they left me at $1,500.

You stated that they incrased your APR recently. They havent done that to me yet. But maybe by them cutting off my CLIs it does the justice??? IDK.
15 years 11 hours ago #39

My last CLI from Capital One was in June 2008 and I've called them in December, January, and February but they keep telling me they don't have any offers for me. I kept getting a letter saying that they couldn't give me a CLI because it hasn't been 6 months since last my increase. :upset:
15 years 18 hours ago #40

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

I guess people with accounts that are passed the CreditSteps are no longer eligible for CLIs. I was getting them in a timely manner and all of a sudden they tell me that it is not a part of my card. So this is how CapitalOne is tightening down on thier "risks." Also they dont offer certain cards to certain areas.

Cireone, you said that you were getting ur CapOne CLI in a time manner... Now how often were u getting them until it stopped? Were they automatic or by request? Also, if u dont mine me asking, what is ur CL now with C1, maybe youve hit the cap on the specific card u have.

(Its time for me to ask for a CLI on my CapOne. Thats why I have lots of questions, LOL)

From what I understand, people who got the Credit Steps letter only guaranteed them the first CLI w/in 3-4 statements. The letter says nothing about consecutive CLI....

This is my CL history w. CapOne]
06/22/07 - Opened

> $500.00
10/09/07 - Auto/Credit Steps --> $750.00
03/06/08 - By Request
> $1,250.00
09/10/08 - By Request
> $3,250.00

Its been six months since the last CLI, I wanna call and ask for a CLI but I doubt they will give me one since they did an APR increase on my CC.
15 years 21 hours ago #41

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

I guess people with accounts that are passed the CreditSteps are no longer eligible for CLIs. I was getting them in a timely manner and all of a sudden they tell me that it is not a part of my card. So this is how CapitalOne is tightening down on thier "risks." Also they dont offer certain cards to certain areas.
15 years 1 day ago #42
  • Jay1
  • Jay1's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

Hjm are you saying that after the first cli there are no more? The letter says that after your third statement is when you get your first increase.
15 years 1 day ago #43

That's correct, Capital One is still giving CLI's to new customers enrolled in the Credit Steps program but has stopped granting CLI's to customer who have had the card for more than 3-4 months.
15 years 1 day ago #44
  • Jay1
  • Jay1's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

Hey Shiu, I know you were thinking about asking for an increase on your new account when you got it did you call or did you decide to wait? I have one I would like to transfer too.
15 years 1 day ago #45