Capital One Credit Steps

• Jay1
  • Jay1's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

Cool thanks I appreciate the response.
14 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

I know I have read that some people have called and got a CLI before the first credit steps increase. I had thought about trying has anyone heard of or tried the recently?

I've read some people only got half of the first increase when they asked for a cli before the steps is due and then the rest when credit steps finally kick in.
14 years 11 months ago #17
  • Jay1

I am getting ready to call Cap one though I might ask one more time before I call if any has requested an increase from them before the first credit steps increase?
14 years 11 months ago #18
  • Jay1

I know I have read that some people have called and got a CLI before the first credit steps increase. I had thought about trying has anyone heard of or tried the recently?
14 years 11 months ago #19

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

As long as we keep making our payments on-time, we will be rewarded for it in the future.
15 years 3 days ago #20

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

This morning I logged into Cap 1 online and see I was granted a CLI in the amount of 250

Way to go wrknprogrs! Hey, at least you got it, I was just denied....lol.
15 years 3 days ago #21

Thanks for the info Amy. I was told them the same thing when I called last month.
15 years 4 days ago #22

Replied by wrknprogrs on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

I was enrolled in the Cap 1 Credit Steps program and received on increase in January - after calling. I called the backdoor number on Wednesday (it's been 3 statements since last CLI) and was told no and I would receive a letter explaining why. This morning I logged into Cap 1 online and see I was granted a CLI in the amount of 250 :cheesing:. Don't know what happened, not going to question it, just continue to pay above the min. amt due, on time, etc.
15 years 4 days ago #23

I agree, they are customer friendly and know what the customer wants so when they can do it, they will do it.
15 years 2 weeks ago #24

Way to go! Just treat them good and they will do the same for you!
15 years 2 weeks ago #25

Replied by sg2416 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

I have had Cap1 since Dec. 08 along with the credit steps. I received my first increase today (cheesing). I started with $300 and increased to $750. Honestly, I did not think I would see an increase until after the economy gets better. I am so glad that cap1 still have faith in their customers!
:cheesing:
15 years 2 weeks ago #26

OMG, who wouldn't?:laugh:
15 years 2 weeks ago #27

I would prefer to have my limit stay the same for years rather than having it reduced.
15 years 2 weeks ago #28

Same thing here Amy, I just roll with it because they have given me nothing but luv every since I had them.
15 years 2 weeks ago #29

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Capital One Credit Steps

I am completely shocked to hear that, but at least they are not taking any limits away. All these CC companies are tightening up on CLI and credit offers....Its craziness....
15 years 2 weeks ago #30