JC Penney online application msg.

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

Good Luck
15 years 10 months ago #1
  • shark6
  • shark6's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

hjm331, I will call on Friday and ask for a manager.

Keys, I ased the rep and she said that she doesn't have access to that info, I will have to wait on the letter.

My spouse had JCPenney several years ago and they closed it due to inactivity.
15 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

Shark6, call and ask for a manager or a higher authority. The reps can care less and will not help you in any way to help you get approved for their card. Simple as that.
15 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by keys on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

shark6, did they tell you why the denied you? I applied for JC Penney and WalMart (both denied) and all I got was letters saying that I had to contact the credit bureau if I had any questions. I think GEMB hates me.:white-flag:
15 years 10 months ago #4
  • shark6

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

I called and I was denied. Go figure, my scores are 632 and I have no BK. However, I do have defaulted St. loans which is the worst thing on my report.
15 years 10 months ago #5

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

You really should call. That is what happened to me when I appled for a Chase card. I called them up and I found out that I was approved.
15 years 10 months ago #6
  • shark6

was created by shark6

My scores as of 06/19 were Fako TU 634, Eq 632 and Fako Exp 613. I applied online to Jcpenney last night and got a message that I will be contacted in 6-7 days.

I have TC monitoring and I saw that they pulled EQ. This is my best report as the only thing bad showing on this account are 2 large student loan that I am being garnished for .They go back to 1999.

I currently have 2 Macy's $2k, $1k, Sears/AMEX/Chase/H Depot- authorized users, Chevron $2k, 2 Cap $1k, $2k almost maxed, Sams $300, HSBC $1200,Lowes $3200, Home Depot $4200, Wamu 4200charged of $4500 limit, Orchard, almost maxed, no lates in over 2 yrs and only on Kirby vacuum cleaner which was a paid collection over 2yrs ago. Car paid off, Home loans all paid off and current home loan is not on my report.

I'm at a lost as to why I got this message. Have any of you received this message. I'm assuming that it will be declined.

p.s I have been reading Myfico forums for the past year and have cleaned up my credit from 525 to around 630. I was doing good with keeping my utilization around 38% but now, it is around 60% or so. My goal is to get organized, socker drawer all but 1 for 3mths and try to pay down at least my Sams from 271-$500 limit, Orchard $301-400limit.

I've also been reading Dave Ramsey whom I agree with some but not all of his advice.

Any thoughts of how I should go about reducing my amounts owed so as to get my utilization down? Last week, I learned about the luv button at creditinfocenter.com and got my limit increased from $300 to 500. Chevron/Texaco also raised from $600 to $1500 and then when GEMB took over, it raised it to $2k. Househould bank automatically raised me from $1k to $1200. Forget about Orchard, they never increased.

I will work on calling Macy's on monday to see what happens but my goal is to get utilization down to 45% by Sept.
15 years 10 months ago #7