Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

Replied by FrankN on topic Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

Do you use all of those cards? How many credit cards do you have?
5 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by moneyslack on topic Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

I like having the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Freedom Unlimited, & Freedom since I can maximize my bonus possibilities by having all 3 plus other cards. The moment I added Freedom Unlimited & CSR, my Citi Double Cash became obsolete, which was a great feeling.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Wanderer.
5 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by FrankN on topic Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

I have the Chase Freedom and can only say positive things about it. It was one of my first credit cards, and my spending does usually align with their high percentage categories. I would recommend this card to anyone entering into the world of credit cards.
8 years 5 days ago #3

Replied by Cents on topic Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

Chase also allows you to link to Amazon to spend the points there. I let the points accumulate last year and then used them for $200 off a big Amazon Christmas order I had.
8 years 3 weeks ago #4
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wanderer on topic Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

The Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Card allows you to get cash as a statement credit or deposited to any bank in the United States in addition to working the magic with Chase CSP, Chase Ink Plus Business Card and other similar products that can combine with partners for maximum travel benefits.
8 years 4 weeks ago #5

Replied by Breakinger on topic Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

I have a credit card like that. I've earned all of these points, but I can't use any of the rewards because I don't do enough traveling or dining out to spend the points. Plus the points only take a few dollars off, you don't actually get anything for free. Do you know if other credit card companies allow you to switch over to a different card like Chase is doing?
8 years 1 month ago #6
  • Wanderer

Read an analysis of the two cards and if you are a serious Chase Freedom category spender you come out ahead under the regular Freedom Card. If you do not use the categories for the most part then the simple 1.5% rewards works best. In my card file I have/had three category cards and they did not fit my spend pattern. So I product changed the Chase Freedom to the Unlimited. Still have the two category cards and truth be told, if I had options I would loose both of them. In summary, your spend pattern utilization is the key.
8 years 1 month ago #7

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

Oh, that's good news, Wanderer. Thanks! I wonder if most people are going to switch over or if the majority of folks actually feel like they come out ahead with the 5% selective rewards. If a lot of people make the change, they may eventually do away with the selective rewards card.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by FrugalFran.
8 years 1 month ago #8
  • Wanderer

Yes, they have been allowing product changes from Chase Cards in most cases with no hard inquiry's (actually heard of one person that got an HP) to the credit bureaus. Used the Secure Message (some people called) on Sunday March 13th and it was changed in a couple of hours with the card being received by regular mail the next Saturday. Some folks even requested expedited Chase Freedom Unlimited Cards and got it. Love the color and looks similar to the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa. If you have an existing card they just swap out the card and it is done.
8 years 1 month ago #9

So, they're allowing Freedom cardholders to switch over to the new one if they want to? I may have to look into that because I don't want to apply for another credit card.
8 years 1 month ago #10
  • Wanderer

A Chase cardholder can keep their Chase Freedom Card or product change to the Chase Freedom Unlimited Card. You could also apply for the new card and keep your Chase Freedom Card. The key is both give you access to the Ultimate Rewards and those points are transferable, cash or merchandise/travel. The new card gives you an option. For me I did not want to deal with categories so the fixed 1.5 points per $1 spent fits my utilization pattern.
8 years 1 month ago #11

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

I just had to activate my first quarter bonus. Thankfully, I got it in by the deadline, but I had completely forgotten about it. I think it's Chase's sneaky way of offering rewards and then not having to pay them to the people who forget to activate it.
8 years 1 month ago #12

I have a regular Chase Freedom card, but I suppose this new one is going to a separate animal. Activating those quarterly bonuses is a pain. I almost missed out on some good opportunities last year because of it.
8 years 1 month ago #13

Replied by patse on topic Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card

I like this better than the Chase card I already have. I wish the card gave me 5% back on all purchases. Having to go and activate the 5% each quarter is a real pain. I'm going to buy what I buy and not choose how I charge items by what I'm getting the rebate on.
8 years 1 month ago #14
  • Wanderer

Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card was created by Wanderer

Chase announced on February 29, 2016 as noted in Reuters News Service a new credit card offering to be available the spring of 2016 (April). Similar to the Chase Freedom Card with 1.5 points earned on every purchase with no 5% rotating categories. Points will work with the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Business Ink Cards and Chase Affinity Partner Cards using the same basis as the regular Chase Freedom Cards. Chase is offering the card to compete with Capital One Cards and the Citibank Double Cash. Simple for those who don't want to deal with categories and capped quarterly limits.
8 years 1 month ago #15