Capital One Cards & Credit Questions

Replied by Cents on topic Capital One

patse wrote: Same boat here. We have two Capital One cards and they are both secured. I have had no problems with Capital One yet but I have heard some horror stories. I think it's great that you have cleaned up your credit - Congrats on that! It's important to keep it clean so that your score stays up.

We have two unsecured cards and we still get offers from them for different cards, so whether secured or unsecured, they must allow more than one. We've been with them for about six years and haven't had any problems yet.
8 years 2 weeks ago #1

Replied by FrankN on topic Capital One

Very interesting to hear. I have never heard of companies changing their due date on you. That would be very annoying!
8 years 2 weeks ago #2

Replied by Breakinger on topic Capital One

I used to have a Capital One card, but I ended up paying it off and canceling it. I don't think that I would ever go back to them. It seemed like they were always changing my due date, or not receiving my payment on time when I clearly sent it out with enough time to get there.
8 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by patse on topic Capital One

Same boat here. We have two Capital One cards and they are both secured. I have had no problems with Capital One yet but I have heard some horror stories. I think it's great that you have cleaned up your credit - Congrats on that! It's important to keep it clean so that your score stays up.
8 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by Cents on topic Capital One

My husband and I have two Capital One cards, so they must allow that. I think it's always best to give it some time before applying for more credit, especially within the same bank. Congratulations! It sounds like you've worked hard on your credit score and it's paying off.
8 years 1 month ago #5
  • aafe1990
  • aafe1990's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by aafe1990 on topic Re: Capital One Cards & Credit Questions

Thank you so much. That's what I'll try to do. I say try because at the moment I'm stuck in a place where my paycheck pays off one of my cards in full every month and since there goes my paycheck, I'm forced to use the card again to pay my monthly bills. But the one good thing is I always pay that card in full every month. Have any suggestions on how I can get out of this hole?
9 years 11 months ago #6

Replied by SAR1954 on topic Re: Capital One Cards & Credit Questions

My opinion based on personal experience and if I am reading correctly you currently have two capital one credit cards that are both under a year old, with your secured card getting closer to one year of age. I’d say wait until August and see if Capital One offers to upgrade your secured credit card. I have read a lot of post where after a year of good usage/payment history Capital One had converted the individual’s secured card to one of their unsecured cards and raised their credit limit. Continue to pay on time and build/re-build your credit history (let some of the inquiries fall off), once your TU score hits about 650 maybe consider applying for a Barclay Rewards Credit Card. They have a card that is targeted for average to good credit, and that’s about where you would fall if you get your TU score to 650. They can be a bit more generous on initial credit lines. Also, make sure to keep your credit utilization low. Sometimes that can impact your credit score a +50/-50 points. Also, once you get in the mid to high 600s consider shopping around for credit at your local credit union. They can be a great source and tend to work with people a lot more than a national bank. All the best ~
9 years 11 months ago #7
  • aafe1990
  • aafe1990's Avatar Topic Author

was created by aafe1990

Yes hello everyone. I'm new here and just needed some help in regards to my capital one credit cards and questions. Okay so first off my very first card with anyone was as a authorized user on a $500 card from cap one a few years ago. The card was only open for like less then 3 months but was paid in full. The next card was my own. A secured card from cap one. I deposited only $49 and got $200 credit line. That was in August of last year. I also deposited an extra $30 to raise the credit limit. Then in like December of last year opened both a First Premier Card with a $300 limit and a finger hut with a $400 limit. And just applied for a cap one Platinum card. Was instantly approved for a $300 limit. Was informed by a rep that with this card I'm eligible to receive an additional $200 CLI after 5 months of minimum payments. My questions are: after the CLI after the 5 months, would they give me another increase upon request? Also, can I apply for another cap one card right now or should I wait at least 30 days before applying again? And can you have more then two cap one card? And since I was approved for the platinum card with 16 inquiries on my report and one delinquent account and a transunion score of 575, would I also be approved for their Quicksilver One Cash Back Rewards Mastercard since it's in the same credit category as their platinum card? Thanks.
9 years 11 months ago #8