confused about cap 1

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Yea Meya with most creditors they want to see sometype of usage within the first few months... In some cases if theres no usage they will close the account.
15 years 10 months ago #166

Replied by Meya on topic Re: confused about cap 1

To get a piece of the cli action, I would have purchased a loaf of bread every month or something
:laugh: :laugh:
To be honest, this is what a lot of creditors require of you to do.
15 years 10 months ago #167

Replied by cireone on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I received the same letter form Capital One about getting a $500 CLI. But theres a catch to it. You have to use your card and make on time payments for three bikking statements. Basicly they want you to use your card carry a balance but pay at least the minimum every month for the first three months to get the CLI. I didnt use my card right away and after the third month I received another letter stating that due to no usage I am no longer eligible for the program and would be periodically reviewed for CLIs.
15 years 10 months ago #168

Replied by Meya on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Hjm331, why did you not take advantage of the rewards visa? I believe eric combined or applied for the rewards card with no problem.:confused:
15 years 10 months ago #169

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I had them combine my accounts but everything has remained the same. The rep on the phone told me that the card that is being combined will show up as combined on your report, not closed. Then again, I wouldn't trust her because she acted like she went through the process with me because she read me the terms and conditions over the phone. I'm angry because of the fact that I have to go through the same process just because a CSR didn't get the job done in the first place.
15 years 10 months ago #170

Replied by MaryM on topic Re: confused about cap 1

However, I currently combined the two accounts so I'll only have to worry about 1 account instead of 2.

..... what happens exactly when you combine cards? Do you keep your older tradeline and close the new account? Doesn't the new closed account look bad on your report?
15 years 10 months ago #171

Replied by hjm331 on topic Does anyone know just how

Does anyone know just how many capital one cards you can have? I already have a visa and just got an pre-approval in the mail for a mastercard. Don't want to make a mistake and apply then get denied.

In response to Mary's and RivasGlo's questions, I currently have two Capital One credit cards and both of them are Mastercards. None of them offer a rewards program but I do have nice CL's with them so that's why I keep them. However, I currently combined the two accounts so I'll only have to worry about 1 account instead of 2.
15 years 11 months ago #172

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Good questing MaryM as I

Good questing MaryM as I am also wondering that. Im sure you can because I KNOW others that have more than one but IDK if theres a criteria like must have first card for 1 year or something... You just never know.
16 years 4 days ago #173

Replied by MaryM on topic Does anyone know just how

Does anyone know just how many capital one cards you can have? I already have a visa and just got an pre-approval in the mail for a mastercard. Don't want to make a mistake and apply then get denied.
16 years 4 days ago #174

Replied by hjm331 on topic Congrats Countrifie! What's your new

Congrats Countrifie! What's your new CL and your new interest rate?
16 years 1 week ago #175

Replied by Meya on topic Way to go! Give it

Way to go! Give it a try Eric!
16 years 1 week ago #176

Replied by countrifie on topic This is not true because

This is not true because I have had my Cap1 card for around 1 1/2 years now and never went over nor even been late and I still don't have any increase. Still just $300 which is what I started with.

Uhhhh buddie, I think you need to call them because everyone that I had heard of got this with the card. Did you get a secured account or something? You are the first that I have heard with this, hummmm I will wait for your response, but make sure that you call them asap.

I called them today and asked what was going on. They told me it was a simple glitch in the system and they are giving me a credit limit increase effective immediately and I also qualified for a lower interest rate!
16 years 1 week ago #177

Replied by Meya on topic Hey Eric, you make sure

Hey Eric, you make sure that you do call back. Go buy a snicker and soda before you call back .....lol.
16 years 1 week ago #178

Replied by happylady on topic Thanks RivasGlo! :cheesing: I'm gonna

Thanks RivasGlo! :cheesing:
I'm gonna mark my calendar right now... :cool:
16 years 1 week ago #179

Replied by RivasGlo on topic I got my Cap 1

I got my Cap 1 card in Jan 08 - I got this same letter and got my increase promptly this month.

I believe and ive read other members comments to request it from CapOne every 3 months....
16 years 1 week ago #180