confused about cap 1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I know how that feels but being slapped in the face has taught me to be patient when it comes to creditors. It makes my skin crawl and then I want to start closing accounts. Without patience, I would have never came this far. Antoher thing to bro, I have to look at the fact that I still have one badie left and I do not have tier one cards. Subprimed creditors and reps sucks because they stilll have to follow rules:upset:
15 years 10 months ago #151

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I'm not a very patient person so waiting and I don't really get along. :cool:
15 years 10 months ago #152

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I think I better wait because I do not like the word NO!

NEITHER DO I! :fun:
15 years 10 months ago #153

Hey Meya! Im not too sure on ur ? as im also wondering the same thing... My last increase on my CapOne card was 03/06/08. I called 05/20/08 asking for another one bc I thght my last CLI was in Feb NOT March and they said no

I think I better wait because I do not like the word NO! :dumbfounded:
15 years 10 months ago #154

Rob, that's just a computer generated letter. Approval isn't a sure thing because it's just one of their promos they are presenting to you as a customer.
15 years 10 months ago #155

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Here is a little something from cap 1 I would like to share with everyone:

ROBERT, you’ve been a cardholder since 2007…

And if you’re thinking about making home improvements or consolidating debt, or even refinancing or purchasing a home—we’ve got you covered. Trust in a name taking a stand against harmful lending practices: Capital One® Home Loans . It doesn’t matter what your home lending needs are in CLARKSVILLE,AR, you can feel good about a Capital One Home Loan.

•Low fixed APRs starting at 6.03%1 •Upon approval, get a loan amount from $20,000 to $500,000

now I can't get them to give me a lousy cli but if I was wanting a home loan they would be glad to give me $20,000. If anyone can enlighten me why Cap 1 is doing this please let me because I am truly confused.:dumbfounded:
15 years 10 months ago #156

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Hey Meya! Im not too sure on ur ? as im also wondering the same thing... My last increase on my CapOne card was 03/06/08. I called 05/20/08 asking for another one bc I thght my last CLI was in Feb NOT March and they said no :scared: its okay tho... It was my fault cause I called way to early... Now its been 3 months and im wondering whether I should call or not... I currently have a zero balance... so IDK if ill get approved bc the guy I talked to said to call next quarter :upset:
15 years 10 months ago #157

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Cap 1 stinks. I have had their Platinum M/C for 17 months now and have only got one cli and that was doing their little pay on time for 3 months and we will increase it. Since then I have got nothing. I have paid on time, most time more than the minimum. Called the backdoor number today and was told I couldn't get an increase. I won't cancel it but to use a term: sockdrawer it because it is my longest cc next to Centennial which will probably be gone next Jan. If anybody from Cap1 is reading, I am afraid your not going to make much money from me from now on. Sorry everyone, just a little PO'ed at Cap 1.
15 years 10 months ago #158

Ok, wait a minute, just when I thought it was too early to ask for an increase, you all are popping up with one. I just got one about 3 months ago, do you think i should call?:confused:
15 years 10 months ago #159

Keys, what a coincidence! I called them an hour ago and asked for an increase and they gave me a $500 CLI. I told them that I use the no fee purchase checks from my Cap 1 cards to pay my car payments monthly and I want to write one check instead of two and they approved me for $500 CLI.
15 years 10 months ago #160

Replied by keys on topic Re: confused about cap 1

I honestly don't ever want to carry a balance but if you believe that it will look good to them well maybe I will

When I called and asked for my CLI the CSR asked me how often I used my Cap1 card; I told him I use it for most of my day-to-day purchases and he replied "that's great, and I am pleased to tell you you've been approved for a $300 increase". I assume from that conversation that they want you to use their card as much as possible. I also carry a small balance, usually $50 or so just to make them happy.:innocent:
15 years 10 months ago #161

Good moves!
15 years 10 months ago #162

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: confused about cap 1

Also, it doesn't hurt to carry a balance on a Cap1 card within those 90 days because they offer no interest for 6 months promos for new accounts on most, if not all cards. So it's really a win-win situation.

I honestly don't ever want to carry a balance but if you believe that it will look good to them well maybe I will
15 years 10 months ago #163

Also, it doesn't hurt to carry a balance on a Cap1 card within those 90 days because they offer no interest for 6 months promos for new accounts on most, if not all cards. So it's really a win-win situation.
15 years 10 months ago #164

You have to make money for a lender in order for them to give you more money.
15 years 10 months ago #165