Citi Dividend World Mastercard

Replied by Roughdraft on topic Re: Citi Dividend World Mastercard

I called Citi yesterday to ask about my secured card that has recently graduated to an unsecured card. My terms were that it would have the same APR 18.24% and same credit limit. I asked if it was too soon to do a product change. They asked if I wanted points or cash, so I said cash and they said it could convert to the Dividend card. Because my secured card was a mastercard, the account number would stay the same, so I don't know if its a world mastercard, but he said it was a gold mastercard? (Up from silver status). My APR was lowered to 14.24% but it will not take effect until May. He gave me an exact date of when it would change, and when I would receive my card. I didn't qualify for a CLI. I checked online to see if there was any information on the change. I had a letter stating that I didn't get the CLI because the balances on my other cards are too high. I should have known better. One of my store cards is near maxed out and my overall utilization is just over 50%. I will try again later. I am excited for the change. I am glad it stayed mastercard as one of my credit goals is to have one of each, VIsa, (Signature visa, actually) Mastercard, Discover and one Amex.
11 years 1 week ago #1
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Citi Dividend World Mastercard

You guys arent talking about the Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite MC are you because Citi's site is talking about a $450 AF

No ... Citi has credit cards that are not available through direct application. There are cards that become available through product change or upgrades when you are a Citi credit cardholder. Sometimes Citi offers the upgrades and sometimes you contact them and explore different card products with a product change as the result of the conversation.
11 years 2 weeks ago #2

Replied by smcc811 on topic Re: Citi Dividend World Mastercard

You guys arent talking about the Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite MC are you because Citi's site is talking about a $450 AF
11 years 2 weeks ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citi Dividend World Mastercard

Wanderer, I'm glad to hear that you got the card you wanted. Just like everyone else, my Citi Platinum Mastercard got converted into their Diamond Preferred card. I thought it was a glitch at first but then I read that the same thing happened to a lot of other people so I guess I'm going to have to deal with it...
11 years 2 weeks ago #4

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Citi Dividend World Mastercard

Greats news Wanderer! I love Citi card as well, they tended to my needs when I reached out to them! If you pay on time and treat them well they will bend over backwards to keep your business! I cant wait to receive my Citi Divedend WORLD Mastercard in the mail either! Congrats and keep up all the hard work! :thumbsup:
11 years 1 month ago #5
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Wanderer

Excited! Out of curosity I called Citi Bank today and reviewed my credit card needs (included looking for some travel benefits) anotherwords, what I was looking for in a credit card (thinking I had to upgrade my Citi "Thank You" Mastercard). After some time, the customer service person checked various credit card alternatives and asked me if the Citi Dividend World "ELITE" Mastercard would best fit my needs and give me a cash payout at $50 along with quarterly options to earn more cash at 5%. WOW! The card best fit my needs and Citi upgraded my card today. They will send the card out in 45 days plus 10 days for card mailing (what is this?). Unknown the credit line (suspect it will be the soon to be closed Citi Thank You MC line). Terms and conditions are no annual fee, purchases apr is 14.24% with cash at 25.74% apr variable. Revolving credit limit (no-preset CL). Foreign transaction fee of 3%. Other World Elite benefits are keeping with the Mastercard website along with the many extras that Citi offers.
11 years 1 month ago #6