Bank Americard Rewards Visa

• smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Bank Americard Rewards Visa

Two of the three Bankamericards are Visa Signatures. Visa Signature is a step up from a Visa Rewards, i.e. Concierge Service, ability to secure tickets to exclusive events, discounts at higher end hotels, etc..

check out visa.com/signature......................
13 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Jahmakan on topic Re: Bank Americard Rewards Visa

Newbie here... What is the difference between the "Americards" and a regular BofA Visa Rewards card?
13 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by JoeArg29 on topic Re: Bank Americard Rewards Visa

Never had a problem with CS with BOA, with the exception of them cutting my accounts by 20k, which you really can't blame them because they were doing what mgmt had requested.

I have always called the Concierge for any issues and they have promptly taken care of all my needs and CS has either said "yea" or "nay" based on my request or questions. Never any "grey area" with them...........

Luky, The CSRs act as if they are god, and at the mercy of them. I have told them CLOSE MY ACCOUNT I DONT CARE. Then the manager who was obviously listening in interjects and diffuses the situation. The FRAUD department is psychotic.
13 years 8 months ago #3
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Bank Americard Rewards Visa

Never had a problem with CS with BOA, with the exception of them cutting my accounts by 20k, which you really can't blame them because they were doing what mgmt had requested.

I have always called the Concierge for any issues and they have promptly taken care of all my needs and CS has either said "yea" or "nay" based on my request or questions. Never any "grey area" with them...........
13 years 8 months ago #4

Replied by JoeArg29 on topic Re: Bank Americard Rewards Visa

SMCC, thanks for your reply. I will wait another few days and call CS. I will let them know about all of my accounts being in good standing and I don't have any late payments with my other credit cards. They have to agree since they already pulled a hard inquiry into my report a few days ago.

I wouldn't mind receiving a low limit such as $700 since I have another 3-4 Mastercards, two of them being Capital One with limits of $1,500 and $1,050. Asking for a low limit will help me prove good payment history and will bring great CLI's in the long run.

I have a large CL with BOFA on both my ML card, and AMEX ACC. card....Prior to the acquisition of Merrill, I had no relationship with the bank and have not had a problem getting cards instantly with them or CLIs. Just bad customer service on BOFA end, believe the New York Times ran a story saying they were rated poorest of all banks in terms of customer service, compared to the other big issuers! Love my cards though
13 years 8 months ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic SMCC, thanks for your reply.

SMCC, thanks for your reply. I will wait another few days and call CS. I will let them know about all of my accounts being in good standing and I don't have any late payments with my other credit cards. They have to agree since they already pulled a hard inquiry into my report a few days ago.

I wouldn't mind receiving a low limit such as $700 since I have another 3-4 Mastercards, two of them being Capital One with limits of $1,500 and $1,050. Asking for a low limit will help me prove good payment history and will bring great CLI's in the long run.
16 years 3 months ago #6
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic HJM331 From your reply I'm

HJM331 From your reply I'm thinking your short credit history is the factor. Don't request a low starting balance to help with BOA's decision. The reason they haven't declined you is because of your accounts being in good standing with the bank. Assume that they also have checked your credit with all three bureau's.

If you are going to contact Customer Service, play up your the standing you have with the bank with all your accounts. If your credit scores reflect your responsibility that should help sway the decision in your favor
16 years 3 months ago #7

Replied by hjm331 on topic SMCC, I have a Bank

SMCC, I have a Bank of America checking account, savings account, and a credit card with them. I haven't had any overdrafts, gone over the limit with my credit card, late payments or anything like that. I called BofA CS to see what was going on with my application and the supervisor said that she can't approve the application right away because she said my credit history is short and that the card I currently have with them is enough for since it's a student credit card. I will wait a few more days and see if they declined or approved my application. I will tell them to look at my payment history on my current account.

SMCC, do you think it'll help if I ask for a low limit like $700 just to prove them another good payment history? That was the original starting credit line on the card that I currently have with them.
16 years 3 months ago #8
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Attagirl I was thinking that

Attagirl I was thinking that most of us keep our banking in tact for fear of overdrafts, fees, charges, etc.. In that context, BOA thinks your a good risk. In reality you could have a 505 credit score and your credit management is lousy outside of BOA. Should your relationship with the bank be the sole determining factor?

Now someone with a 770+ score who isn't a BOA customer obviously feels strong about credit management in all his financial obligations. I just feel that BOA should consider the complete credit history of an applicant and not just his relationship with the bank.

hjm331, keep your head up, as long as your relationship with BOA is good your card is in the mail
16 years 3 months ago #9

Replied by hjm331 on topic Attagirl, BofA didn't even consider

Attagirl, BofA didn't even consider looking at my account history when I called them. My application is still pending. I will update more info later.
16 years 3 months ago #10

Replied by Attagirl on topic Because if you have an

Because if you have an account with them already they can see where you have paid and if you have had problems and make a dertermination based on your current ability to pay, where with others who are not members they can only tell by what the credit score is as to how much of a risk you are.
16 years 3 months ago #11
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

I used to have a Bank of America World Points Visa but traded it in for a Bank Americard Rewards Visa. The Bank Americard Rewards Visa gives me 1.5 points per dollar spent vs my old card.

Now when I read the FICO requirements from this site regarding the Bank of Americard Rewards Visa you should have at least a 770 score to qualify Which I don't have. BOA touts that if you are a BOA customer and have other accounts in good standing you can have this card. Question, lets say you have another BOA card where the FICO score needed was very low and they give you this card based on good payment history with your current card, why do they make someone who isn't a BOA customer need to have such a high FICO score to even be considered?
16 years 3 months ago #12