Citibank World/Signature

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank World/Signature

Well the ride is over now because I just received a letter today stating on Sept 15, 2011 my 2% cash back for supermarkets, drugstores, utilities etc, will end and the card will be converted to a World card. I've also noticed that on Citi's website the regular Dividend is gone and now offer the Dividend World card.The powers that be at Citi is getting wackier and wackier by the day with all these changes.
12 years 8 months ago #1
  • ColoNative
  • ColoNative's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Captain
  • Finance Captain

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Citibank World/Signature

I was never offered the upgrade for both of my cards but I did some research and it seems that Citi started reporting limits sometime last month.I've read credit blogs over the last few weeks and there were some reporting that they've received an alert from their credit monitoring service indicating the change in reporting.

Awesome. Thanks for the response, Eugene. If I am ever offered (or forced to) an upgrade I won't freak out about it.
12 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank World/Signature

In reviewing credit reports lately, I have noticed that Citibank is now reporting the credit lines of the World MasterCards and Visa Signatures. I can tell by the BIN (Bank Identification Number) that they are World MasterCards (546616) and Visa Signature (4147).

Do any of you have a Citibank World or Signature card? Can you confirm that they are now reporting the credit limits? I am just curious because they tried to upgrade my Platinum Select to a World last year. Besides the pain of learning a new account number, I was concerned about the loss of the reporting credit line.

I was never offered the upgrade for both of my cards but I did some research and it seems that Citi started reporting limits sometime last month.I've read credit blogs over the last few weeks and there were some reporting that they've received an alert from their credit monitoring service indicating the change in reporting.
12 years 11 months ago #3
  • ColoNative
  • ColoNative's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Captain
  • Finance Captain

was created by ColoNative

In reviewing credit reports lately, I have noticed that Citibank is now reporting the credit lines of the World MasterCards and Visa Signatures. I can tell by the BIN (Bank Identification Number) that they are World MasterCards (546616) and Visa Signature (4147).

Do any of you have a Citibank World or Signature card? Can you confirm that they are now reporting the credit limits? I am just curious because they tried to upgrade my Platinum Select to a World last year. Besides the pain of learning a new account number, I was concerned about the loss of the reporting credit line.
12 years 11 months ago #4