Federal Reserve to raise interest by september 2015

Replied by FrankN on topic Federal Reserve to raise interest by september 2015

That is exactly right. Inflation is very low right now.
6 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by JGibbs on topic Federal Reserve to raise interest by september 2015

FrugalFran wrote: Well, I don't know what the inflation rate has been for the past several years, but based on how much my grocery bill has increased, I'd say it's out of control. (I know that's probably not the case, but it sure feels like it!)

It doesn't feel like it to me, but inflation is low right now even though our economy is supposedly improving. It's one of the reasons that our interest rates have stayed low for so long.
6 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Lexie on topic Federal Reserve to raise interest by september 2015

FrugalFran wrote: Well, I don't know what the inflation rate has been for the past several years, but based on how much my grocery bill has increased, I'd say it's out of control. (I know that's probably not the case, but it sure feels like it!)

I totally agree FrugalFran. Mine is the same way. As long as there are credit cards, people will not stop buying. However, some of us older folks will stop buying so as not to go in debt again. I've cut back and cut back till there's not much left to cut if you know what I mean.
6 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Federal Reserve to raise interest by september 2015

Well, I don't know what the inflation rate has been for the past several years, but based on how much my grocery bill has increased, I'd say it's out of control. (I know that's probably not the case, but it sure feels like it!)
6 years 10 months ago #4

FrugalFran wrote: I agree with Frank's statement of being "slow but consistent." Even though the market has been doing well, I don't think it's been on an upswing for long enough to consider it steady. I don't think the Feds should be considering another raise just yet.

Fed is generally viewed as slow. The argument against not raising the rate quickly is inflation could get out of control (or above their target of 2%).
6 years 10 months ago #5

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Federal Reserve to raise interest by september 2015

I agree with Frank's statement of being "slow but consistent." Even though the market has been doing well, I don't think it's been on an upswing for long enough to consider it steady. I don't think the Feds should be considering another raise just yet.
6 years 10 months ago #6

Replied by Tishbel on topic Federal Reserve to raise interest by september 2015

FrankN wrote: I just read today, they will likely raise it during their next meeting in March. It should be slow but consistent.

Well, they raised it in March to between 0.75 and 1. There might be more raises to follow but the papers now seem to think the market isn't strong enough to support another rise. What do you think?
6 years 10 months ago #7

I just read today, they will likely raise it during their next meeting in March. It should be slow but consistent.
7 years 1 month ago #8

Replied by Tishbel on topic Federal Reserve to raise interest by september 2015

They did, and then raised it again in December 2016, but they're warning they will be raising it again this year some time. Reuters just said the Fed were considering three rises this year. I hope they are small ones! With consumer borrowing so high, I can't help but think this is going to hit a lot of lower earners really hard.
http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINKBN15T20W
7 years 1 month ago #9
  • BloodFood
  • BloodFood's Avatar Topic Author

was created by BloodFood

Federal Reserve is about to raise the interest rates in the international market, market experts state that this will result in increase in the level of recession. The same situation was observed in 2008 and at that time, there were a lot of changes which had to be done to deal with the situation.
http://www.profitconfidential.com/economic-analysis/interest-rate-hikes-may-cause-another-recession/
8 years 10 months ago #10