Who's in College?

Replied by sophie on topic I was told by every

I was told by every school that I have to have the GMAT, it may depend on different schools I am not sure, but the school I got my BA in said I must have it. I am doing a WebMBA and it is only going to cost me 20k.
16 years 1 month ago #166
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic I never took the GMAT

I never took the GMAT and I was told that if you get good grades and stay in the same school, you can by-pass that. Well that is what the MBA program director was telling me.....yeah right.......they just want my $45k (+), I am not stupid. School is so expensive these days. My school wants $1600 per class now and every semester I see a hike on the courses, I will be so glad when I graduate.
16 years 1 month ago #167

Replied by sophie on topic Thanks for your best wishes.

Thanks for your best wishes. I just called the school and they are telling me they cannot process my loan until I have my GMAT scores in, I guess I better buckle down and make it happen.

16 years 1 month ago #168
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic U-go-Sohpie! You have all the

U-go-Sohpie! You have all the luck there is to offer from me and everyone else in here.
16 years 1 month ago #169

Replied by sophie on topic I am on my way

I am on my way to MBA. I applied and I just have to take the GMAT no easy feat. Wish me luck in my endeavors as I will need al the luck and money I can ascertain.

16 years 1 month ago #170

Replied by porgy1000 on topic I am not in college

I am not in college anymore, therefore, I do NOT have any class. Hey wait, that does not sound right heheheheheheheh :shocked:
16 years 2 months ago #171
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic On my way to school,

On my way to school, see ya all later! Ohhhhh Looooord I will be so glad when this ends.
:upset:
16 years 2 months ago #172
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic We are doing the same

We are doing the same major "Business Management," girlfriend, I know the stress, I am two courses away from my BA. It is taking forever. I attend Golden Gate University online courses but now I have to take my math 10 class in school. There is no parking in downtown san francisco and that makes me mad. We are going to get through this, and trust me, I will be asking you questions about statistics very soon.
:fun:
16 years 2 months ago #173

Replied by shanie1120 on topic I know I'm probably late.

I know I'm probably late. Meya, I'm taking statistics right now. It started to be difficult, but its acutally not that bad. I'm currently working on my BS in Business Administration with focus in management. I am attending City University Online and I can't wait until it's over. I'm only about three quarters in though.
16 years 2 months ago #174

Replied by cobalt007 on topic I have graduated from the

I have graduated from the college and now I am planning to take admission in some good engineering university. I had amazing time in college :)
16 years 3 months ago #175

Replied by nwalker30 on topic Nice to have a fellow

Nice to have a fellow Strayer student here! I agree, Strayer is very expensive compared to some other online schools I've researched. You are very smart to keep going. In some parts of the world you can move up/make a good salary without a degree. Here in SC, you have to obtain a degree to have a promising career. Good luck to you as you continue your professional/educational journey. :fun:
16 years 3 months ago #176

Replied by Ash on topic I know this subject all

I know this subject all to well. I was attending a 2yr technical college off and on for several years. I would always struggle to pay my tuition because I was not yet considered independent and thus did not qualify for student loan. Therefore, I went to school off and on for several years. Once I qualified for student loans, I started taking four classes a semester non stop while simultaneously working a full time job. Needless to say I graduated in May 2006 with my Associate in Business majoring in accounting. I finished with honors. Shortly after, I was promoted to Operations Accountant at my job. I am working on my Bachelor of Science in accounting currently. However, I am only taking two classes per quarter (Strayer is on a quarter system) because of my newborn son. Sometimes I want to scream, but like many of you I keep going. Stay at it Meya, you will reap the rewards in the end.

This is great we've got something in common here...
I went to Strayer for awhile and the tuition is expensive. I'm near
the Northern Virginia/DC metro area and I had to juggle a full time
job while taking classes several times a week at three different,
campuses not to mention their classes are three hours long :scared:

I remember I was taking a marketing class and my teacher got
P'sd that I had to leave to goto work in the middle of her class.
Long story short this wasn't going to work out for me.

Not too long after that I got a lucky break and got a great accounting
position and I say lucky because I wasn't anywhere near finished my
curriculum. Now in todays time if you really want to excel in the field
you've got to have your degree regardless of how much experience
you have especially around here. So I have been taking classes on
and off online trying to work at it.

Last year my first child was born and now that he's just about 1yr
I'm back at it! I'm not really happy in my current position because
there is no room for promotions so I've got to get it finished this
year so I can get a better opportunity...

Keep it up :fun: Your not alone in this!
16 years 3 months ago #177
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Thanks Killan, I got someone

Thanks Killan, I got someone to help me out with statistics
16 years 3 months ago #178

Replied by killian on topic It's been years and years

It's been years and years since I was in university, I graduated in Math and Science, I have to say I never had so much fun in my life as when I was in university :)
16 years 3 months ago #179

Replied by nwalker30 on topic Mr Pig is doing great.

Mr Pig is doing great. He just got done eating so he's happy. Hopefully he will stop playing with his feet and fall asleep. Mommy is worn out today.
16 years 3 months ago #180