Who's in College?

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Stay at it Meya, you

Stay at it Meya, you will reap the rewards in the end.

Thanks so much buddie, I need to hear something like that because I am overwhelmed. The same goes to you to. How is mr piggy doing? I can see him right now with his mouth standing wide open throwing blows for a bottle.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :fun:
16 years 3 months ago #181

Replied by nwalker30 on topic I know this subject all

I know this subject all to well. I was attending a 2yr technical college off and on for several years. I would always struggle to pay my tuition because I was not yet considered independent and thus did not qualify for student loan. Therefore, I went to school off and on for several years. Once I qualified for student loans, I started taking four classes a semester non stop while simultaneously working a full time job. Needless to say I graduated in May 2006 with my Associate in Business majoring in accounting. I finished with honors. Shortly after, I was promoted to Operations Accountant at my job. I am working on my Bachelor of Science in accounting currently. However, I am only taking two classes per quarter (Strayer is on a quarter system) because of my newborn son. Sometimes I want to scream, but like many of you I keep going. Stay at it Meya, you will reap the rewards in the end.
16 years 3 months ago #182
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic You go girl! Nothing feels

You go girl! Nothing feels better than to walk across the stage again. I don't think I am going to attend my ceremony because they wants a arm and a leg for us to do so. They pick the most expsensive place for us to graduate and guess what? If yo are still a student, you can not attend. Well what if my sister was graduating? I think my school thinks they are among the "Top Dogs." All you hear and read about is how they brag on the lawyers who attended their and the anchormen, well what about a woman named Meya who graduated? What about the woman named Meya who puts $6500 or more into your accounting system to be lectured by an invisible instructor who half the times don't answer my questions? Give me a break!

I know you can do it, I encourage any woman to challenge education no matter how it is done because that is where the money and our future lies. I have to set an example for my boys and myself. They know the rules, at 18 (12:00am) their bags must be pack for:

1. College
2. Moving out involuntarily/voluntarily
3. Or have a decent job to stay until they save money to move. 6 months only
:fun: :fun: :fun: :laugh:
16 years 3 months ago #183

Replied by LP25 on topic I'm attending a community college

I'm attending a community college - online. This is only my second semester. I'm taking 6 classes this spring. I've got 2 more weeks for one of them and the other 5 classes I will start on 1/22. I'm majoring in finance.

I've been in the accounting field for about 20 years, but have never been able to get the pay recent graduates get, even if I can do everything required of an accountant. A recent graduate with a degree and no experience made triple what I did. Can you believe it? Just for a piece of paper! What's worse is I usually had to train them.

I think you're right, Meya. I don't think the professor reads the hundred pages we write. My first semester was crazy! I could hardly find anytime for myself, my kids and my tax business. I was so busy, just trying to get a "C" was quite a task.

This semester will be better for me because I'm a little more familiar with how things are done at school and my husband has now automated our tax business. Woohoo! I should get my AAS after Spring 2009.
16 years 3 months ago #184

Replied by hjm331 on topic P's and Q's?

P's and Q's?
16 years 3 months ago #185
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Get on your P's and

Get on your P's and Q's lil bro. This is the best time for both REASON'S
16 years 3 months ago #186

Replied by hjm331 on topic My goal is too earn

My goal is too earn a MBA (Business Administration). Too bad I haven't started yet. LOL
16 years 3 months ago #187
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic I've been lucky and blessed

I've been lucky and blessed with the cost since my job pays for the tuition upfront. I would only be responsible for the cost if I failed the course.

You go Paula, that is exactly what I plan on doing. I am so proud of you and anyone else who takes their education towards the max.

Thanks Hjm331, you still have time, just dont wait until you are old and dusty to go forth with it. It is better to start now so that you can have it over with. Just take one or two classes at a time, it will all add up before you know it. I have to take 4 courses per semester, I will be glad when it is over.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 3 months ago #188

Replied by hjm331 on topic Good luck Meya! We gotta

Good luck Meya! We gotta celebrate when you graduate! I know you can do it!

You too Paula, don't ever quit! I'm supposed to be going to college right now but I'm not LOL
16 years 3 months ago #189

Replied by PaulaF on topic Business Administration - M.B.A. I've

Business Administration - M.B.A.

I've been lucky and blessed with the cost since my job pays for the tuition upfront. I would only be responsible for the cost if I failed the course.

It has taken me 2 years of taking two classes every semester, my estimated graduation date is Dec '08...

16 years 3 months ago #190
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)

BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) with a concentration in Management. I have taken math at a previous college where I received my AA in Business Administration, but I was able to by-pass the placement exam by enrolling in Math 10 (Introductory Algebra) for Spring 08' semester. I have no more classes to take after spring 08 (other than the two Math 20 & 40). The only thing that I do not like about the Math 10 is that I have to go into school to take the course. I take online classes because it fits my schedule. But since it is only once per week, I can handle it. Other than that I am a fan of Math. Just bring it on to me and I will challenge it. I never get took statistics before and from I heard, it is pretty difficult.

What is your major? And how long has it taken you to get where you are at so far? I am going to put my MBA on hold for a while because I been through school 4 years straight with only the summer off. When I graduated from my previous school April 16, 2006, I immediatley enrolled in my current school for the summer. I am burnt out for right now. I know you have been through alot with it especially in a MBA program. I hate to write and I now that MBA is all about researching, researching, researching and researching some more.

My little cousin graduated last year with his Masters in Pyscology and his wife graduated with her PHD in Pyscology from Harvard. They both are under 30 and I applaud them with all my heart. I believe that they are on my profile, if not, you just gave me a good idea....lol. He is my mentor through school, because I send him an email nearly every month saying, "Cousin, I can't take it anymore, I quit." And then he will call me and we will chat for nearly an hour or so over the phone. God I love him.
:laugh:
16 years 3 months ago #191

Replied by PaulaF on topic I’m working on my MBA.

I’m working on my MBA.

Meya just out of curiosity and clarification are you getting a BA (Bachelor of Arts) or a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) with a concentration in Management? Your posting says that you'll receive your BS (Bachelor of Science) degree in '08.

It's rather impressive that you were able to delay your intermediate math course until your senior year but if I'm not mistaken I think you may need a few more courses in math before graduation unless of course the curriculum at your university doesn’t require it.
16 years 3 months ago #192
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

Hello fellow members! I decided to find out who is stressed like I am in college. Sometimes if you know someone that is achieving the same goal as you are, it will lighten up the load when there is someone to talk to. I am a senior at a 4 year university taking four courses per semester, and I am burnt out from it. My major is Business Administration with an emphasis in Management, and I will obtain my BS degree supposably in Fall 2008. Even though school is out as of Dec 22-Jan 6, 08, the breaks are too short, and I feel like I am robbed from my family and social life.
:suicide:

When spring 08 begins I will have only 2 courses left which are Math 20 (Intermediate Algebra) and Math 40 (Statistics). I believe those two courses are going to slow down my graduation date for 08 because I can not take them two together and I am not going to school in the summer of 08. This is really stressing me out because I am so tired of school. What makes me even more tired is when you are told to write reports which are 15-20 pages single spaced, and researches which I just completed a 30 page singled spaced beautiful paper. It seems like every instructor asks of one, and I bet you that they don't do anything but correct the errors (through MS Word) and not read the report.
:upset:

Through all of this stress that I am going through, I am going forth with my Master's after I graduate from my current school. I am just going to take a break for a couple of years because I want to explore the corporarte life for a change. Who knows, I might be lucky enough to be offered a job based tuition through my employer. Whew, that will really save on the financal behalf.
:fun:
16 years 3 months ago #193