Who's in College?

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Scribes you are so crazy!

Scribes you are so crazy! God I love to read your postings, I can nearly see you when you talk. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
If you sue and win, you will be the first I ever heard! Well that is the way it goes at times. We are not guaranteed to get anything, we have to sell ourselves like.....never mind :shocked:
Nah, but for real, its all about footowork in these days and times. Who knows, I might still end up staying in the beauty industry when I finish college. Before I pay $50k for an education and can't find anything, someone is going down with me, and it will not be the credit addict club this time..lol.

Rockin35, please keep us updated on the refund, I have my fingers crossed for you.
15 years 11 months ago #136

Replied by Scribes on topic All I received was a

All I received was a lousy Associates in Computer Science in 1989 (which is now so badly obsolete) and a specialized degree in Music and Video from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. (and do you SEE me in Hollywood? Nope.) Sometimes I DO wonder why I still owe $50,000 in college loans. Can't I sue the schools for teaching me and NOT getting in the field I wanted? :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #137

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Yeah, your right about that.

Yeah, your right about that. I appealed it to the Dean for 80 percent of my tuition back instead of 50 percent. I have to wait 3 more weeks to find the status on that. But I'll keep in touch with everyone on how school is going. This tool and this network is by far one of the BEST sources of networking and making "ciber friends". It helps especially when the people you work with everyday are less pleasant to be around and less encouraging. Take care, I'm glad that your almost done.......Going to sleep now............... Rockin35 :sleepy:
15 years 11 months ago #138
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic See what I mean! I

See what I mean! I know the feeling, and guess what? Our tuition cost is a little over $1600 per course. I know these instructors are paid a grip for nothing. It is a good thing that you dropped the course, it is better to get your money worth when you select a course. They kill me with this.
15 years 11 months ago #139

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Hey Meya, I probably made it

Hey Meya,

I probably made it sound better than it actually is, I've only taken 3 graduate course with 3 A's. My undergraduate BS degree was a pathetic 2.71. I battled a lot of things during that time...mainly depression. But anyways, it's interesting that you mention posting assignments. I dont think people realize how demanding ONLINE learning really is. People think its an easy grade, but you have to be diligent and extremely self motivated ALL THE TIME@!! no exceptions. I was taking a stats class this semester, but our professor, has a section that she labled"Instructor Forum/Questions" meaning students can ask questions about the material in that particular area. How about the instructor urged students to respond to each others questions (RIDICULOUS!!).

Half way through the course, I dropped it, lost 485 dollars simply because I had a low C average and wasnt learning anything because of a lazy a--- instructor getting paid to basically post our assignments on Monday then leave to the students to "Figure It Out" for ourselves. We would reply to her and I sware, we would get a response in 3 days which is absurd!! I plan to make a complaint against this professor soon because they are getting paid an easy salary to teach online and arent teaching us anything.

And to top it all off, she was arrogant!!! What a blockhead!! Rockin35
15 years 11 months ago #140
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic graduate with a 4.0. I

graduate with a 4.0. I plan to eventually get a PH.D in Business Economics,

You go Rockin35. This is like music to my ears, I wish I we lived near each other, then I know I will be well motivated to get my MBA. I graduated with a 4.0 when I got my AA, but i was bricks and motar styling it then. When I enrolled in my current university, I dropped to a 3.5, and it will go down even lower before I graduate.

Online sessions are more challenging than in class sesions. It is more like you are on your own and you do not get timely responses from your instructors. By the time they do answer you, it is too late to turn in your assignment. What kills me is the evaluation that they ask you to fill online at the end of the semester. I stopped filling them out because I will not have anything to say good.

My last instructor was a .......I'll bypass that........He is a lawyer and he treated us like we was beneath the barrell. I had taken Business Law with him, and one student asked him a question, girl he went to the left on her. He never talked to us and stayed upset when we asked him a question. See, a person like him, I will have to deal with him online because although I have changed my life, my temper is just taking its sweet time to leave. Put it like this, I would have been terminated from the university and my husband will probably be in jail. he kept the North Richmond (CA) thug-thissle in him.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #141

Replied by Rockin35 on topic I began an online MBA

I began an online MBA program through Bellevue University in NE in the Winter Term/ December 2007. I sat this semester out, so I have to go back full throttle in the Summer. I plan to graduate in December 2009. Its rough, trying to tackle debt, by a home, keep your sanity, rid your life of toxic people and things, AND graduate with a 4.0. I plan to eventually get a PH.D in Business Economics, I just havent decided if I plan to live hear in the US after the next 3 years. Good Luck with everything Meya, your almost done!! Congratulations as well. Rockin35!
15 years 11 months ago #142
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic WAHOOOOO! I just submited my

WAHOOOOO! I just submited my last assignment tonight. Class is over with as of tonight. I am back in-stride FG. I only have 2 calsses left to receive my BA. Wooohooo I am doing the crip walk.......step back because you can't hang with me. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHh I am the luckiest person every walked. It is time to grow a garden and just coffee it out. MMMMMMaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn I am sooooo happy! Hey now, this is a new beginning of vacation and free time. HJm331 we got to hook up for the summer!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 11 months ago #143

Replied by princee18 on topic this is the last semester

this is the last semester of my graduation and i have a good interest in computers.So, i would love to do a job in some good oraganization of usa.
15 years 11 months ago #144

Replied by Scribes on topic Hey as far as I

Hey as far as I know you might be right. It came from "Marketing 8th Edition, Kern, Hartley, Berkowits, and Rudelius Copyright 2006" As long as I get the grade, I am all good...lol. I wish you could stand up to her and do more than prove her wrong. She exhausted us all through the course. I don't even want to go to a superMARKET. I might have flash backs...lol

I was telling another student, who in the world would even think of something like this? But that is a part of marketing so I guess I loose.

Who indeed. I took advertising courses with the intent of becoming an ad-writer. Then I realized I'd be swallowed alive in the industry because I'm too much of a nice guy. To survive in marketing, if you're not prepared to stab people in the back, they don't want you. :-)
15 years 11 months ago #145
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Hey as far as I

Hey as far as I know you might be right. It came from "Marketing 8th Edition, Kern, Hartley, Berkowits, and Rudelius Copyright 2006" As long as I get the grade, I am all good...lol. I wish you could stand up to her and do more than prove her wrong. She exhausted us all through the course. I don't even want to go to a superMARKET. I might have flash backs...lol

I was telling another student, who in the world would even think of something like this? But that is a part of marketing so I guess I loose.
15 years 11 months ago #146

Replied by Scribes on topic I am preparing for final

I am preparing for final this week on Marketing, and luckily this is one of the questions that I just across a few hours ago. We see 3,400/day in advertisements. Whew, that is alot.

I'm actually surprised, because it was about that figure when I took marketing classes in 1993. :-) To be honest, with the dawning of the internet, you may as well double that figure. I mean, the minute you step outside your door, you'll see an ad someplace. If we go by the 8-hour a day workweek, and you work at a computer, you'll see, I'm guessing, about 5,000 ads in that 8-hour time, from emails, to pop-ups to banner ads. If you work outside, taking into account the amount of traffic that passes by you, you'll see maybe 500-750 an hour. Sorry I think 3,400 is way way way too low, and I'll gladly stand up to your marketing teacher to prove him/her wrong. :-) :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #147
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic I am preparing for final

I am preparing for final this week on Marketing, and luckily this is one of the questions that I just across a few hours ago. We see 3,400/day in advertisements. Whew, that is alot.
:relieved:
15 years 11 months ago #148

Replied by Scribes on topic I got a low limit

I got a low limit bank credit card when I was in college. I notice they're still signing up college students -- there's a university near me and I saw a big "special signup" booth up there the other day.

You only have to switch on the TV these days. I forget what the actual amount is, but it's estimated you will watch at least 50 advertisements for some kind of credit card in an average 3-4 hours of evening viewing. For weekends, a sporting event will land about 30-40, and during holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving, you'll see more than 100 in that 3-4 hour span. Credit card commercials make up, I'd say, 60% of today's advertising. You don't think those companies are desperate? :-)

Funny. They screw up our whole economy, and they want to drag more victims into the fire. God...I really love this country sometimes... :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #149
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Its a headache. I am

Its a headache. I am down to 2 classes, but I cant wait for the summer break which is 4/26/08. I might run down the street with a thong and go-go boots on with a batman cape on screaming Yaaahhhhhooooo! And I dont mean the website neither.....lol
16 years 1 week ago #150