Who's in College?

Replied by keys on topic Re: Who's in College?

hjm331, Talking to an academic advisor is always the best way to start. They'll be able to tell you what classes you'll need and can help you decide if online classes are a good fit for you.

Something else that you could check into w/ the community college is blended classes. These give you the best of both the in classroom experience and online availablity. Your class actually meets 1-2 days a week, however your homework, quizzes, and exams are submitted online. I took a religion class that was set up this way last semester and loved it. Got to meet some really great people!
15 years 9 months ago #121

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Who's in College?

Great info guys! I don't know where to start from. Yes, there is a community college in my area but I don't know if they offer online classes. I'll have to look into that. I'll probably have to go take classes at school since I don't know what classes I am supposed to take or what I need to graduate. Plus, if I go to school in a real classroom, there's always the chance of meeting new people. I'm still young and still have a life to live. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #122

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Who's in College?

That is a great idea to think about HJM331. I go to a community college as well but my major doesn't give online classes, I will have to wait until I transfer to a University. I also posted information about Tution Pay by Sallie Mae. You call to see if your school participates in the program and if so you would register with them. Then you would give them the total of your tuition for the semester. Next step they will give you a break down of what you will pay monthly. Their website is www.tuitionpay.com
and the telephone number is (800) 635-0120
15 years 9 months ago #123

Replied by keys on topic Re: Who's in College?

Rick_E and Rwmtd, I truly appreciate your help. I will go to school once I have enough money and buy myself a new car. I do not have a car of my own as of right now so I there's really no way to go to school.

hjm331, do you have a community college in your area? If so, and transportation is an issue, they may have online classes available to you. Where I live at in Ohio, the community college has partnerships w/ some of the larger colleges that allow me to take the classes I need towards my degree in psychology from the comforts of my home.:cool:
15 years 9 months ago #124
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Who's in College?

Rick_E and Rwmtd, I truly appreciate your help. I will go to school once I have enough money and buy myself a new car. I do not have a car of my own as of right now so I there's really no way to go to school.

Do they check your credit in order for you to receive a grant or scholarship?

Grants and scholarships...no they don't check your credit because that is money you dont have to payback...loans and such- yes...try www.myrichuncle.com

Eric
15 years 9 months ago #125

Do they check your credit in order for you to receive a grant or scholarship?
15 years 9 months ago #126

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Who's in College?

HJM331, Rick_E is right there are grants to be had for education. You could even apply for scholarships. I was told by an admissions officer friend of mine that a lot of schlorships are not applied for because people just aren't aware they are out there etc.

I've decided to start grad school in the spring. It's been nearly 10 years since I graduated with my bachlors and it's never too late. I have a son that is a freshman in college and a daughter that will be going to college in two years.

Take a look at www.fastweb.com ; they have a ton of information about schlorships (my son actually applied for one of their many schlorships and got one).

I'm a big advocate of continuing education and of being your own boss (I'm working on that currently). :white-flag:

rwmtd
15 years 9 months ago #127

Replied by Rick_E on topic Re: Who's in College?

Rick_E, how can I apply for a grant?

Make an appointment to talk to the financial aid counselor at the school you want to go to, and also check out

http://www.finaid.org/
15 years 9 months ago #128

Rick_E, how can I apply for a grant?
15 years 9 months ago #129

Replied by Rick_E on topic Re: Who's in College?

Hey Guys,

I just graduated in July 2007 with my Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with three major concentrations which are Business management, International Business, and Human Resources Management.

I graduated with a high enough GPA that I was waived the GMAT and introductory courses for my MBA. I just finished my 1st of 2 years as an MBA student - one more to go :relieved:

Meya - the only advice I can give you is DONT STOP NOW... it is much easier to continue with your masters if you are already used to the workload of school. If you take too long a break, it might be tough to get back into the swing of things. I know - I went to school for four years with no breaks - not even summers, to get my Bachelor's

HJM - you don't need money for tuition. I paid for my BS with governement grants, and private grants. At my current university, 85% of my tuition is paid thru a private grant because I am a minority...OOPS - I mean I am a member of a "traditionally under-represented group".

See - all that education paid off! :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #130

Meya, I don't have any money saved up for tuition nor do I have a reliable means of transportation. I would love to go to school now and get over with it.
15 years 9 months ago #131
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: 6 Components of a high credit score.

I want to go to school to earn my Master's Degree in Business.

Hjm331, GO! Start now while you are young.

Eric go back it is not too late. Take an online class. I kinda enjoyed marketing especially how business advertise and how they target segmented areas.
15 years 9 months ago #132

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: 6 Components of a high credit score.

I want to go to school to earn my Master's Degree in Business.
15 years 9 months ago #133
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: 6 Components of a high credit score.

I am in a community college now because I said I refuse to take out student loans. What I use is Tuition Pay by Sallie Mae. I register for my classes and give them the amount of my bill for the semester. They in turn break my payments down for me and I pay it every month. Most of the times I try to give them 2 payments within the month to help me pay it off faster.

All my credits will be transferrable when I go for my bachelors/masters. If anyone is interested they are called]

They are going to ask you what school do you go to and this is to see if your school has signed up with Tuition Pay.

Nice info KMoney...im thinking about going back to school to finish my bachelors...I have an associates in Marketing.
15 years 9 months ago #134

Replied by Scribes on topic Scribes you are so crazy!

Scribes you are so crazy! God I love to read your postings, I can nearly see you when you talk.

There was a movie in 1984 called "Teachers", starring Nick Nolte and Judd Hirsch. Really brilliant piece that centers around a student who wanted to sue his high school because he graduated without learning to read. I think it's based on an ACTUAL lawsuit but I'd need to do some digging. I'll get back to you on that. :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #135