Who's in College?

Replied by keys on topic Re: Who's in College?

Wow keys, our quizzes are taken online but we have to go to our shcool for the final and midterm exams. If you did not want to come to the school to take the exam, you have to find a cerified proctor to take the exam.

My online math classes were set up like that, it wasn't too bad. I have to admit, my favorite online class so far has been my sociology class; there's NO HOMEWORK :cheesing: , all quizzes and tests are online, and all tests are open book and we got an hour and a half to take them. :cheesing: :cool:
15 years 9 months ago #106

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Who's in College?

Do you have your degree in mackology LOL!

I have already started giving classes. I know how to win a woman's heart.

You can ask me about any situation and test me to see if I give out the right answer.
15 years 9 months ago #107
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Who's in College?

No, but they may check your credit for student loans. But, even if they do, they never act on the information they get, unless you took out a student loan before and defaulted on it.

If they only offered you student loans based on your credit scores at the time you applied, I would still be working on my GED!!

You are right, they only check for defaulted student loans, your current or present enrollment status, and drop out status. This is why I have either pay or apply for a Private Educational Student Loan through Chase because I do not qualify for fed student loans nor calgrant with 1 class for Fall 08. Chase pulled a hard on my EQ but they approved me for Fall. I do have one baddie on their but they overlooked it because I have 5 years of non stop education and no defaulted outstanding student loans. I hope this help, and you have been given some good advice from everyone here. Look how many people will have your back when you go for it.
:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #108
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

hjm331, Talking to an academic advisor is always the best way to start. They'll be able to tell you what classes you'll need and can help you decide if online classes are a good fit for you.

Something else that you could check into w/ the community college is blended classes. These give you the best of both the in classroom experience and online availablity. Your class actually meets 1-2 days a week, however your homework, quizzes, and exams are submitted online. I took a religion class that was set up this way last semester and loved it. Got to meet some really great people!

Wow keys, our quizzes are taken online but we have to go to our shcool for the final and midterm exams. If you did not want to come to the school to take the exam, you have to find a cerified proctor to take the exam. Here is the link to my school if you want to take a look at it hjm [URL]http ://www.ggu.edu/[/URL] It is a real cool school and is well known through human resources. A lot of anchormen and lawyers has graduated from this university. I just hate the fact that it is too expensive.
: relieved :: upset:
15 years 9 months ago #109
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Hey Guys,

I just graduated in July 2007 with my Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with three major concentrations which are Business management, International Business, and Human Resources Management.

I graduated with a high enough GPA that I was waived the GMAT and introductory courses for my MBA. I just finished my 1st of 2 years as an MBA student - one more to go

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement Rick_E! I am also a minority with no oopps behind it. CalGrants are the best also, but I am so proud of your hard earned education level. We need more minoriy groups to stand up and represent what we can do, and what no one can take away from us.
:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #110
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Meya, I don't have any money saved up for tuition nor do I have a reliable means of transportation. I would love to go to school now and get over with it.

YOu can qualify for grants and community colleges, but do not used your parents income. Use your own! Even if for some odd reason you did not qualify for grants, the classes are dirt cheap. Always purchase used books and then you will be ok.
15 years 9 months ago #111

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Who's in College?

I can never really focus in school if I am sitting next to a beautiful young lady. I'd be educating her with my game instead of educating myself.

Do you have your degree in mackology LOL!
15 years 9 months ago #112

I can never really focus in school if I am sitting next to a beautiful young lady. I'd be educating her with my game instead of educating myself. :fun:
15 years 9 months ago #113

Replied by keys on topic Re: Who's in College?

If they only offered you student loans based on your credit scores at the time you applied, I would still be working on my GED!!

We'd be classmates! :fun: :fun:
15 years 9 months ago #114

You got that right - You think I only go to school to get my Masters? I'm earning my masters and checking out the hawties at the same time...and yes, I still manage to keep my GPA up!!!

Couldn't agree more! :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #115

Replied by Rick_E on topic Re: Who's in College?

Do they check your credit in order for you to receive a grant or scholarship?

No, but they may check your credit for student loans. But, even if they do, they never act on the information they get, unless you took out a student loan before and defaulted on it.

If they only offered you student loans based on your credit scores at the time you applied, I would still be working on my GED!! :fun:
15 years 9 months ago #116

Replied by Rick_E on topic Re: Who's in College?

Plus, if I go to school in a real classroom, there's always the chance of meeting new people. I'm still young and still have a life to live.

You got that right - You think I only go to school to get my Masters? I'm earning my masters and checking out the hawties at the same time...and yes, I still manage to keep my GPA up!!! :embarrassed:
15 years 9 months ago #117

I know what school I'm going to, I just don't know when. I have started combining cards and closing cards to prevent me from careless using my available credit. After I have paid off my debt, I will go to school once I have leased a new car.
15 years 9 months ago #118

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Who's in College?

So HJM331 what have you decided about school?
15 years 9 months ago #119

Keys, that sounds like my kind of school! :fun:
15 years 9 months ago #120