And what do you do for a living ?

Replied by Meya on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I can barely make a comment to this, hjm words came full forced and to the point. Pam look, let me run something down to you. Every time I conceive a child (even in the future) I automatically become disabled and hospitalized due to an incompetent cervix (not being able to hold a child past the first trimester). When I had my first son, I was hospitalized from 19 weeks to 23 weeks, that is when he was born. I could not work, exhausted my disability, and my savings/checking accounts. I was lost with no where to turn, but luckily at the time I had my mom and her boyfriend staying with me so they kicked the rent and utilities for me.

When I tired to go back to work, here came baby number two. Now let me remind you that I had one in the hospital for 4 months, after his release, went back at least twice per month and had to stay for a week or two at a time. With that child, they found out what was wrong with me and I did not have to be hospitalized, just bed written. I still tried to work, I just sat on a stool, but hyper-emises
15 years 2 months ago #76

Replied by cassey346 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

you couldn't tell the way I spelled secretarty I meant secretary the right spelling its been a long day
15 years 2 months ago #77

Replied by cassey346 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I'am a secretarty for a roofing company
15 years 2 months ago #78

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

RN.
15 years 2 months ago #79

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Pam, you don't need to feel embarrassed since we all are understanding and don't judge one another. Being a homemaker is also considered a job and it also has it's income indirectly. When you take care of your kids, prepare a home cooked meal, keep the house clean, it allows your spouse to go work and bring in the income needed to pay the bills. You are doing your job and playing your role so don't worry too much. It would be nice to have ADDITIONAL income where you can have somebody watch your kids while you you're at work but that's a decision only you and your husband can make.
15 years 2 months ago #80

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I work in the bakery department at a grocery chain in Cleveland. It's only part time though. They have not hired anybody for full time since 1999. The good thing can be (under union) is that you can work 37.5 hours a week before they will consider putting you on full time. A lot of places that I have worked for in the past 30/32 hours is considered full time. I think with my company, they don't want to pay full benefits to anybody. I am lucky right now to be working esp. one that offers me some kind of health benefits and retirement. In today's market, those things are hard to find.
15 years 2 months ago #81

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Hi everyone. I guess i was alittle bit embarrassed to put what i do for a living, im a stay at home mom. It has its ups and downs just like a normal job would. but i wouldnt change it for anything (well maybe for a Mr. Goodbar i would) :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing:

1 : i worked at a video store when i was 17 and they went out of business.
2: i worked at Goody's when i was 18 till i was 20 stocking their new store.
3 : i worked at Krogers when i was 22 till i was 24 first as a bagger then moved up to a cashier and i had to quit because my dad was in a car wreck.
4: i worked at Kfc for 11 years and i quit because my daughter was sick (she had the flu bad and my mom had it and couldnt take care of her for me) and she had to go to the doctor and i called and told my manager and she told me i had to come in that she was ok and that i had to work a double shift because i called in and i told her to take a chicken leg and stuff it up her butt that my daughter was more important then that stupid job.

And i have been a stay at mom since. sorry so long.
15 years 2 months ago #82

Mousepad, no wonder you're always suited up in your pictures. For that type of pay, I'd wear a tuxedo with a tie and Stacy Adams shoes. :laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #83

:shocked: I'm telling:laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #84

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Hey Mousepad boy am I glad I know what you do. Is it not 9 times out of 10 when a key does not work when A) the locks are dirty B) the batteries are dead or C) a problem with the encoder? " or operator". It seems like every time I get a complaint I send them cleaning cards and the clean the lock or encoder and that fixes the problem.

so true "but dont tell no one":innocent: i had to change the reader and it took me 6 hours to get it fixed at $43 dollars an hour:cheesing:
15 years 2 months ago #85

Meya, same here, I have no regrets and I will be proud of my accomplishments after it's all said and done.
15 years 2 months ago #86

Thanks so much you two! I try my best, I just don't want to accept the best that I have done, until my best is accomplished. To tell the you the truth, I am sort of happy that I lived a rough life, it made me stronger and I feel so positive about the little things in life. If the little things in life makes me happy, I think I would go crazy if the better things in life came to me. What makes me feel even better is to know that I worked for it, no silver spoon was stuck in this mouth. :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #87

Replied by sg2416 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Meya,

Gurl you said a mouth full, you would be the best mentor any youngster(s) would have.You have been there and done that and this is what those who fear they cannot rise above need to hear.
15 years 2 months ago #88

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Hey Mousepad boy am I glad I know what you do. Is it not 9 times out of 10 when a key does not work when A) the locks are dirty B) the batteries are dead or C) a problem with the encoder? " or operator". It seems like every time I get a complaint I send them cleaning cards and the clean the lock or encoder and that fixes the problem.
15 years 2 months ago #89

Meya, I totally agree with you and can't explain it any better myself.
15 years 2 months ago #90