And what do you do for a living ?

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

The Lord will make a way for you and your family Meya, keep your head up and one step at a time !

Preach smcc, Preach!
15 years 3 months ago #121
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

You know what Meya? You chase your dream! Make the change and put it in the Lord's hands. I'm in my job because in the middle to late 90's computers was the thing to get into. The bottom fell out in 2000 but I was able to survive it.

The Lord will make a way for you and your family Meya, keep your head up and one step at a time !
15 years 3 months ago #122

Replied by Meya on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I am a hairstylist who specialize in clients with abnormal hair loss, have been in the business for almost 15 years. It has been helping me pay for what I need, and sometimes what I want. To really help ends meet and feel comfortable, I rely on my husband who works in the construction field. This is a good question and interesting topic, because I know some people will stop and say, "Wow, that should really bring in good income" but baby let me tell you, living in San Francisco, and with 3 kids, takes a huge chunk out of your pockets.

You all have nice jobs so far, I am just afraid that I am going to take a huge loss when I change my career sometimes this year. I have prayed on it and left it alone but the fear is still there. I am afraid of lay-offs, downsizing, company closing, firing, etc. I never really experience that before (except quiting little side jobs) because I have been at my same job every since I have been in the beauty industry. I am working on being on time because that is my downfall right now. Punching in and out, without leaving the job until it is over is new to me.:scared:

Ps, why am I the olny one with this long conversation? It's the coffee! Sorry smcc....lol
15 years 3 months ago #123

Replied by Meya on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Hopefully FinanceGlobe or Meya won't pull it because I don't want to know the company you work for or if your self employed, just what you do.

:dumbfounded: Why would we do that? First of all, you are in the lounge where anything goes. Second, it's not like you are putting a virtual gun to someones head and forcing them to say it. There are only 3 things you will get out of this,
1. A lie
2. The truth
3. No comment/response
Since I love to talk, I am throwing my 2 cents in for you:laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #124

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I write music and run my dad's business. We specialize in electrical services and air compressor motors.
15 years 3 months ago #125

Replied by DivaDoNot on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I am a government contrator. I work supply on an Air Force base in MD.
15 years 3 months ago #126
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

I thought about this for awhile and was wondering what all of you do to make ends meet? If you are in between jobs what were you doing to make ends meet? Hopefully FinanceGlobe or Meya won't pull it because I don't want to know the company you work for or if your self employed, just what you do.

I will start: Senior Programmer/Analyst here in Atlanta developing software to process Credit/Debit card Transactions, VISA, AMEX, MC, etc
15 years 3 months ago #127