And what do you do for a living ?

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Whoever currently has a job has to realize their blessings as many others don't have a job.
15 years 3 months ago #106

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I was an asst manager for a small restaurant outside of Austin until last week when the owner shut it down. Went to work tues and there was a moving truck loading up everything from the restaurant and a note on the door. Merry Christmas.:confused:
Luckily I landed a part time job at a vet clinic, not a glamorous job, but it's work until I find a full time position.
While it's not the best timing in the world for this to happen, deep down I know something better will come out of this. The Lord nevers gives you more than you can handle.............. but sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much.:innocent:
15 years 3 months ago #107

Replied by tanyia on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Put a good word in for me Tanyia

:cheesing:
will do Meya
15 years 3 months ago #108

:white-flag:
15 years 3 months ago #109
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I hope everyone shares their current or previous employment history here. My reason is simple, networking. For those of us who have jobs, maybe, just maybe we can let someone know of a position with our company and point them to the HR dept and let nature take its course. For those looking for jobs, great way to meet one another on another level than credit that can help each one of us pursue our own personal goals.

Think of it this way if we could help just one person in need of employment meet their objective what greater gift could we give in these days and times?

You guys are the best and I hope that all of you continue to share and encourage one another in 2009 !
15 years 3 months ago #110

Replied by Meya on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I now receive disability and I am married and my husband takes good care of me.

You know disability is not prejudice and has no age limit, many peoples will die to have a husband to have their backs like yours.
:white-flag:
15 years 3 months ago #111

Put a good word in for me Tanyia:fun:
15 years 3 months ago #112

Replied by tanyia on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

i also work for At&t previously ASI previously SBC previously Pacific Bell

I work in the DSL department doing a lot of admin work schedules, payroll, acoounting

It is quite interesting and let me emphasize happy to be working cause i know the job market is really bad right now

I worked directly with the IT team they were switched over to IBM employees
15 years 3 months ago #113

Replied by sg2416 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I left my job at a university after 15 years for health reasons. I now receive disability and I am married and my husband takes good care of me.

Most of you are young and have good professions, I hope you are happy and are investing into some type of retirement plan.....you never no what the future holds.
15 years 3 months ago #114

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Wow...Meya is right some.... of you all have some of the best jobs I've heard of. What I would do to have one of you all's careers.

I used to work in the IT department for AT&T until we got downsized 3 years ago. I'm now in the Workforce Operations Department.

Rockin35!
15 years 3 months ago #115

Replied by Speedwerx on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Good post, I own a company that designs and manufactures promotional/marketing products.
15 years 3 months ago #116

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I am a corporate sales rep for the hotel industry. I help properites put graphics like pictures of there spa or property on there key cards. I also work with attractions like theme parks, sometimes they will pay for the keys if they can put there art on the keys.
15 years 3 months ago #117

The Lord will make a way for you and your family Meya, keep your head up and one step at a time !

Speaking of "Words of Encouragement!" I don't know what to say. Gosh smcc, that touched me. :cheerup:
15 years 3 months ago #118

These posts are looking good! :white-flag:
15 years 3 months ago #119

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Hi all, I currently work in IT as a Network Administrator/Senior Tech at a trade association in Washington, DC
15 years 3 months ago #120