Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

Thanks Joeyman! Spam is the #1 enemy of webmasters, and you have to stay on top of it in order not to become a more serious target. Eugene, I banned the spammer so all of the messages sent were also removed by him.
13 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

I received it ...............
13 years 6 months ago #2

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

I did not receive anything in my mailbox but I did get an email stating to check my mailbox.
13 years 6 months ago #3

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

I just found out this morning that a spammer sent about 600 messages using our private messaging system/inbox. Some of you may not have received anything. Of course, your information or real email address was not compromised, as we keep your info safe at FG. This was a message that claimed the spammer wanted a business partner to inherit a fortune. Bla bla bla...

I am working on a fix so members can only send messages to friends. Sorry for the inconvenience if you did receive this! They are all deleted, as the spammer (and IP address from Australia) is now banned from the site.

Oo, I don't think I received the spam. W00t w00t!! I wanted to suggest if you haven't already, ban his IP address from the forums. I'm not familiar with vbulletin but I know it's possible with phpBB. Also, with phpbb you can set a bots user permissions to read only (maybe the same in vbulletin). Again, you probably already did that. But just incase! :D

Nice quick action Mike!
13 years 6 months ago #4

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

I just found out this morning that a spammer sent about 600 messages using our private messaging system/inbox. Some of you may not have received anything. Of course, your information or real email address was not compromised, as we keep your info safe at FG. This was a message that claimed the spammer wanted a business partner to inherit a fortune. Bla bla bla...

I am working on a fix so members can only send messages to friends. Sorry for the inconvenience if you did receive this! They are all deleted, as the spammer (and IP address from Australia) is now banned from the site.
13 years 6 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

Thanks FG! Dont trip, we are only human. Besides, blame it on technology! :fun:
15 years 7 months ago #6

Hi Meya, the club email is working now. I also fixed an issue with the club showing an error message that Yoyo11 sent over.

I do plan on going through everything here again and will be looking for these bugs. I hate it :upset: when a member experiences them... I don't like to give this sort of treatment to anyone here.

Thanks for letting me know!

Mike
15 years 7 months ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

Ooops, sorry about not being specific:innocent: Yes, you are correct. Thanks!
15 years 7 months ago #8

I do take it that you're referring to club email. I will look into it!

Thanks,

Mike
15 years 7 months ago #9

The little bug came back FG. This is what I get when I try to mail all members:

ERROR] The page you requested was not found on our server.

It goes to my main profile and say it on top. Also the little crazy letters pop up when they do get the message like (for example)

Hello members please b&n@ post today by fiveB&Nhp!

I think I showed you that before, please help us before they think I am typing to them while I am drunk:laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #10

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

It's working for me too.
15 years 8 months ago #11

LeenaX,

I received your PM's on the (sent folder) issue today. Please post either here or by PM to me to avoid confusion.

As I understand, this link: https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=mailbox§ion=sent shows that it's empty? I just ran a system check, and it shows that your account has messages in your sent box.
15 years 8 months ago #12

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

Meya, thanks for sorting everything out.
15 years 8 months ago #13

Two things LeenaX, credit scores changes everyday by the 3 Cb's. They change it for their own reasons or by using their own methods. My scores drops one day and pick up the next, but I don't trip as along as the credit info stays the same. I can truly understand your concerns.

Your posting was moved to this thread because you had an error report that FG will take care of real soon. All errors to the board are reported here and this is the main place FG comes looking to see if there is an error so that it can be fixed asap to keep us satisfied and moving on.

As for Porgy, I did see where FG mentioned something about the issue, but if you would like any further questions you are more than welcome to ask the administrator of the site, HJm331 will not have an answer for you on this one and neither will I (not saying that you asked me). If we just follow the rules here at https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=terms we should see no more "banned" members. Everything is plain & simple here and this site has been running smooth every since it started, so we are going to be OK here.

I know FG will be in here to solve your message issue real soon, hopefully everything should be working for you by this week. I am so sorry for what is going on with your mailbox, I have encountered minor issues myself, but they get fixed real quick as soon as Fg sings on and see the red flag
:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #14
  • LeenaX
  • LeenaX's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by LeenaX on topic Re: Contacting fellow members directly or via email here?

Porgy's log-in is banned so he won't be able to receive your e-mails.

]}} ,

MAYBE-- that's sneaked in somewhere in another report but if it's on record at some other bureau's (TRU, EXP == which I have yet to decide how I will access those scores- so Pls feel free to advise me on what route to take in order to get ALL of my reports & receive ONGOING updates of my scores for each 3 bureaus?? ),

IMP:! +++& I DON't see it {ANY bad stuff} on Equifax here;

How can [CAN IT] info from 1 report impact another report?? Unless they

the creditor [medical Dr's offices/Lab testing corps[/quote] decide to report to all 3 or to this one? [which they didn't seem to have done so.[/quote]...

Help!!!

Do u pay Truecredit.com/CreditKeeper? for a thorough report, & + scores for all 3 bureaus or/// DO u go to ===MYFICO.com=== or Chase, or any bank's own special way of accessing your scores/reports??

What is the cheapest way of doing all this?
WHat is the basic MUST-save services of these bureaus that 1 should get, "
WHat are the ==credit services that are "extra" & seem unnecessary, that will just keep sucking $ out of your credit card transaction??!!! :white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #15