Large Purchases

Replied by FrankN on topic Large purchases

Large purchases are always tough. I actually just bought a new computer for $1000, and it was not fun. I had saved for it, and I also used a credit card that had 0% APR for 3 months which helped pay it off.
8 years 2 weeks ago #1

Replied by Breakinger on topic Large purchases

I need to make a new computer purchase soon too. This laptop that I'm using right now is almost ten years old. I'm just having a hard time wanting to get rid of it because really the only thing wrong with it is that the battery doesn't stay charged. Plus, the new laptop I want is $1,000 and I just don't have the money for it yet.
8 years 1 month ago #2

Replied by patse on topic Re: Large Purchases

eugene66 wrote: Well I had to bite the bullet and buy me a new computer to replace the slowpoke I am using now(a sempron processor).I went to Fry's(i miss incredible universe) and bought a HP Pavilion Elite-235f desktop for $999.00 and was blown away how fast it was compared to the ancient one i was using and it was well worth the price.

I need to buy a new computer too. I hate that they change technology so quickly. I'm afraid I'll buy one and something better will come out next week. It's a great thing that technology changes quickly but it's not so great because your new item can become obsolete.
8 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Large Purchases

Welcome to the modern world

LOL...Technology is like a baby's diaper, it changes like every five minutes.
13 years 8 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Large Purchases

Well I had to bite the bullet and buy me a new computer to replace the slowpoke I am using now(a sempron processor).I went to Fry's(i miss incredible universe) and bought a HP Pavilion Elite-235f desktop for $999.00 and was blown away how fast it was compared to the ancient one i was using and it was well worth the price.

Welcome to the modern world:cool: Just wait... they are experimenting with laser light to speed up processing.
13 years 8 months ago #5

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Large Purchases

Well I had to bite the bullet and buy me a new computer to replace the slowpoke I am using now(a sempron processor).I went to Fry's(i miss incredible universe) and bought a HP Pavilion Elite-235f desktop for $999.00 and was blown away how fast it was compared to the ancient one i was using and it was well worth the price.
13 years 8 months ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Large Purchases

Meya no you didn't shout me out like that LOLLLL!!!!!

Tooo late! :innocent:
15 years 7 months ago #7

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Large Purchases

Thanks Hjm and Meya, if you're going to be broke, do it with top-quality items! That way you can enjoy yourself while you're stuck in the house with no money! Meya I was thinking the same thing about yours girl, it's pretty hot for machinery...

Hjm it is the mothership, I can run on that treadmill, it really is gym-quality up to 300lbs. I do use it for the incline Meya, it goes up to a 10 incline, and it is quick in increasing the speed and the incline.

BTW, I started the weight thread, hope to see some good response.

Flatbroke I love your treadmill too
15 years 7 months ago #8

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Large Purchases

Shocks

Meya no you didn't shout me out like that LOLLLL!!!!!
15 years 7 months ago #9

You are good! I cant do the incline. I am all over the new thread you started.
:white-flag:
15 years 7 months ago #10

Replied by flatbroke on topic Re: Large Purchases

Thanks Hjm and Meya, if you're going to be broke, do it with top-quality items! That way you can enjoy yourself while you're stuck in the house with no money! Meya I was thinking the same thing about yours girl, it's pretty hot for machinery...

Hjm it is the mothership, I can run on that treadmill, it really is gym-quality up to 300lbs. I do use it for the incline Meya, it goes up to a 10 incline, and it is quick in increasing the speed and the incline.

BTW, I started the weight thread, hope to see some good response.
15 years 7 months ago #11

Shocks!:shocked: That seems like a whole lot better than mines. I have to slide the bar to adjust the impact on my knees, which I don't see a difference to it anyway. I like yours, it is heck of cool. I see your fan looks like it hits hard. Mines does not have the opening yours have, if you can look at my pic, it is above the TV and it is straight across. I use the fan sometimes but I like the sweat that I create. Do you use the incline? When I try it, it makes my lower back hurt and my knees hurt.

I am so proud of the fact that you have taken 100lbs off of yourself. I know the feeling of being over weight, I started out with a max of 180 after having my first child and went to 311 with my last child. In May 2008 I went to 322 and I was like ....ohhh heck NO so I went on a diet along with aerobics and lost 42 lbs so far (280). I have exactly 100 more to go and I will be back at 180. I gots to be thick, I need my curves back I can not do the upside down triangle booty thang no more. ...........put it like this, let's start us a weight loss thread THAT I THOUGHT KMONEY WAS HOOKING UP!:upset:

We got some things to talk about and I am hoping for some menu's to share with each other to keep it going. If you want to start the thread go right ahead, just put it in the lounge and I know it will grow.
15 years 7 months ago #12

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Large Purchases

Flatbroke got the whole package. It's not a treadmill, it's a spaceship.
15 years 7 months ago #13

Replied by flatbroke on topic Re: Large Purchases

Here it is, Meya. I love that your has the dvd built-in, I connect my dvd player to the ports on the front, and this one connects to the web to track your workouts. I used to weigh 400lbs, and once I finally hit 300lbs, then I got one for home use, and this one comes with shocks, so not a lot of impact to the knees.:laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #14

Thanks!

Gurl look, I don't mean to change the subject, but I watch some horrible things happen on that treadmill. My husband was mad at one of his friends because he think he had stole something from him right. So he got the man drunk and bet he could not run a 12 (mph) on the treadmill and the dude went for it. I got out of the way because I knew what was going to happen. Girl, he started running and leaning to one side saying "Woooooooooooe" and fell clean into the wall behind him. I told my husband he is going to hell for that, and he replied "When judgment day comes, I am standing right beside him when I hear God tell him about he sins he committed, when my [stuff] starts to come up, we is going to hell together rumbling" :laugh:

My goodness, how much payback does he have to pay because I thought it was enough when he lied and told the boy that he got some new shaving cream he uses and wants him to try it out. He got the man drunk again, put a TCB super relaxer on the man head, and "face", and was laughing and talking with him. I did not know what was going on :innocent:, but when he said "Man this stuff smell like a perm! Hey Meya, don't yall women be hollering when that perm starts to burn? Man, I see how yall feel now" That is when I went upstairs and noticed my moms perm box was gone. I told the guy to wash that stuff out of his head now and my husband took the water hose and sprayed it out of his head. I could not help from crying when the guy was rubbing his head with the towel saying, "Man this stuff don't work, why I still got hair in certain places?" I cant type no more Kmoney, I got tears in my eyes now. The beard is what made me cry, he was slick to a can of oil.
15 years 7 months ago #15