Large Purchases

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Large Purchases

Im actually looking for the channel now but cant find it. I know it is going to be a mess if I see something on there I want. If me and my husband argue (which i know we are) I am going to tell him YOYO made me do it:laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #31

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Large Purchases

I had to come back and reread your story YoYo11...lol. I saw my name in the first 2 or three lines and I was like huh

Meya, you can use any credit card for easypay. They even accept debit cards with the mastercard/visa logo. The good thing about them is that ship to you quickly. :cheesing:
15 years 7 months ago #32

I had to come back and reread your story YoYo11...lol. I saw my name in the first 2 or three lines and I was like huh!:embarrassed:

Anyway, I need to purchase me a monitor because my blew up the other day and it was after my sister used it. Now I am sitting here with this old monitor I had in the garage for a couple of years, it is so big in the back until it is taking up all the room on my desk. I paid $200 something dollars for that monitor which was on sell at Best Buy, and I only got like 2 years out of it. It is only a 19 inch monitor but I want something bigger now. I cant do the credit thing anymore, so I will go out to Circuit City or somewhere for the next one. But it does seem cool to be able to pay what you just said above ($6 months @ $99) with no shipping and handling and no taxes. Hummmm I might take a look at it. Does that apply to the current credit card you have or does it apply to their credit card?
15 years 7 months ago #33

I always thought that was like second hand stuff. I never watch that channel.:worried:
15 years 7 months ago #34

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Large Purchases

I love HSN and QVC
15 years 7 months ago #35

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Large Purchases

Yoyo11, QVC is my favorite. I've purchased three HD TV's, household and kitchen items all using easypay. I used to be a huge HSN fan but IMO QVC seems to have a larger selection.

I even subscribe to their insiders club where you get information on what is going to be selling on QVC the month before and you can even get advanced easy pay. QVC also has one day in the month of June where everything that they sell is on offered on 5 easypay.

I guess as you can tell I am a huge QVC fanatic.:fun:
15 years 7 months ago #36
  • yoyo11
  • yoyo11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by yoyo11

Hello folks, I've noticed that some people have certain items financed or placed on their charge cards...ex, exercise equipment MEYA, computers, furniture, beds, MEYA etc. Just want to share a little advise. My sister have used HSN and QVC for years and I see why. Jan.07 both of use purchased our very first computer on QVC.

QVC and HSB has flex/play. The option to make a purchase on an item and let you pay it in 2 to 6 installments.

Vista had just came out and we maded sure are computers had this program. My computer is a Dell, 2 years free Norton Security, 2 years free customer service help,1 year extended warranty totaling 2 years, 3GB $2000 worth of free software..and tons of extras. Free shipping, no tax (state of IL) for $1100/ 5 flex pay of $220. My monior is a flat 22inch and the CPCU is a 1/3 smaller than the standard.

This year I've purchased my first HD/LCD 32inch.. $599 no tax, free shipping, 1 year manufacturing warranty (swap) if something is wrong they will replace w/new TV. Flex pay 6/$99. I purchased a Treadmill (Horizon Evolve) $499 / 5pay $99. No tax free shipping.

You can purchase, clothes, electronics and tons of Items on flex pay. HSN, shopNBC and QVC has this option. I like it because they ship your item out once the first payment clears. The payments are taken out your checking account/or credit card like clock work so if you can't make the next month payment, call them and they will extended the date up to 30 days.

Sometimes and Item has only a 2 pay option...this happened with my Treadmill,..so I waited three extra months, and it went back to the 5 pay. Some items are only of flex pay for a short time. So when you see if act fast. My next item is a LG 47 to 52 inch HD/LCD TV. Last month they had it for $1399, (have a 52 RCA 10 years old)free shipping HDMI/cords free...on a 6 month flex pay..now it on a 2 pay. Most flex pay items are on a sale price. Once you miss it , the items goes back to the regular price and with no flex play option.

You can always compair the price the item before purchasing it..go to Dell, or LG website and see how much they are charing for the same item. I did this with my computer and I'm very happy. Just wanted to share soom thoughts.
15 years 7 months ago #37