Happy Halloween Everyone

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Happy Halloween Everyone

safeway..........that is is name i have not heard in a long time. that store closed in my area (fort worth ,texas)at least over 25 years ago along with another store called buddies.they were replaced by stores called albertsons-winn dixxe -krogers - minyards and now walmart has taking over.

You are correct, I noticed that when I was in texas from 1992-1994. All I saw was the stores you named above and Brookshires Brothers.
15 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Happy Halloween Everyone

I haven't seen any Safeway stores here in Southern California but there are a lot of Vons stores and Vons is a subdivision of Safeway.
15 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Happy Halloween Everyone

Ha! Well, it was Safeway's brand. Now they have Safeway Select, but back in the 80's it was Craigmont LOL. They had orange soda, line soda and some sort of Mountain Dew knock off. Speaking of which, Pepsi is redesigning their logo, it looks 70's like disco and I like it.

safeway..........that is a name i have not heard in a long time. that store closed in my area (fort worth ,texas)at least over 25 years ago along with another store called buddies.they were replaced by stores called albertsons-winn dixxe -krogers - minyards and now walmart has taking over.
15 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Happy Halloween Everyone

Why did you do this to me? Now my husband is on the phone calling his dad to ask him about it because he remembers it also. Yeah you are right about Safeway selct, but have you noticed that they are leaving and the Ditto is taking over? I have not seen a Safeway Select can in the store, only in the soda machines outside.

Ooops, I mean the GO2 brand. I could have sworn it was the Ditto...lol! Here is a pic

Ps, you get 2 12 pks for less than $5

LOL. Sorry! Yeah Craigmont was probably close to 20 years ago take a few. Yep. I have seen that Go2. Hey, mostly sodas, especially the flavored ones, taste the same so I am all about saving a dollar.
15 years 4 months ago #4

Why did you do this to me? Now my husband is on the phone calling his dad to ask him about it because he remembers it also. Yeah you are right about Safeway selct, but have you noticed that they are leaving and the Ditto is taking over? I have not seen a Safeway Select can in the store, only in the soda machines outside.

Ooops, I mean the GO2 brand. I could have sworn it was the Ditto...lol! Here is a pic
File Attachment:

Ps, you get 2 12 pks for less than $5
15 years 4 months ago #5

Ohhh yes, it was in the 70's. I should have added that. I used to have a bowl before the school bus came and ran home for the remaining bowl(s)

Ha! Well, it was Safeway's brand. Now they have Safeway Select, but back in the 80's it was Craigmont LOL. They had orange soda, line soda and some sort of Mountain Dew knock off. Speaking of which, Pepsi is redesigning their logo, it looks 70's like disco and I like it.
15 years 4 months ago #6

Ohhh yes, it was in the 70's. I should have added that. I used to have a bowl before the school bus came and ran home for the remaining bowl(s):fun:

Craigmont, Craigmont, Craigmont, Craigmont.............hmmmm, why does that seem so familiar? I can remember that plain as day. This Ditto sodas that got is farily new, but I can remember that Craigmont. I hate when this happens, now you are going to have me call 15 friends to make them help me remember it. Arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhh!
15 years 4 months ago #7

I have not found a Tab soda since I was a child. That is the last time I remembered it. OK, well since we are all up on the old school food items. Who remember King Vitamins Cereal? I know I am not the only one with this one. They were 10 X's better than Captain Crunch and the King Vitamin cereal were sort of shaped like Capn Crunch. Remember?

LOL. We have Tab here, I couldnt believe it when I saw it. I remember Craigmont soda at Safeway LOL it was their off brand.

I have heard of King Vitamin, but that may have been a late 70's thing....
15 years 4 months ago #8

Thanks for the link, I am going to bookmark it.
15 years 4 months ago #9

LOL x 1,000,000 and who could forget the Payday bar? And yet, you can still find Tab soda, go figure?

I have not found a Tab soda since I was a child. That is the last time I remembered it. OK, well since we are all up on the old school food items. Who remember King Vitamins Cereal? I know I am not the only one with this one. They were 10 X's better than Captain Crunch and the King Vitamin cereal were sort of shaped like Capn Crunch. Remember?
15 years 4 months ago #10

I was never the pudding eater, but my sister love's them. what is the website? I can ask her to add her two cents in.....lol.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pudding_pops/

They actually are made by Popsicle brand now but they just aren't the same. My favorite was the multi pack, you got vanilla, chocolate and swirl! Vanilla came in a blue wrapper, chocolate came in red and the multi was in a purple wrapper LOL.
15 years 4 months ago #11

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my God! Why did you mention that! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh looooooorrrrrrrdddddddd I can taste it now. I can tell you what happened to it, they started to put that darn Carmel in it and that is what caused a lot of us to not want it. The demand went sour so the supply had to halt.

That is the same thing that happened to BarNone. Anyone remember that? It tasted just like a Whatchamacallit, and then boom, they started to put the Carmel in and now it is gone. Ohhh my god Pam, I can taste that candy now. I will quit exercising for one week just to have 3 cases of those. Oh those thin wafers and crushed peanuts, thin layers of chocolate, and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh jesssssssssssussssss help me!

LOL x 1,000,000 and who could forget the Payday bar? And yet, you can still find Tab soda, go figure?
15 years 4 months ago #12

I know, they closed a whole bunch here, and Safeway is struggling too. Honestly, I believe it is Wal Mart, these older chains just can't compete

I was never the pudding eater, but my sister love's them. what is the website? I can ask her to add her two cents in.....lol.
15 years 4 months ago #13

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my God! Why did you mention that! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh looooooorrrrrrrdddddddd I can taste it now. I can tell you what happened to it, they started to put that darn Carmel in it and that is what caused a lot of us to not want it. The demand went sour so the supply had to halt.

That is the same thing that happened to BarNone. Anyone remember that? It tasted just like a Whatchamacallit, and then boom, they started to put the Carmel in and now it is gone. Ohhh my god Pam, I can taste that candy now. I will quit exercising for one week just to have 3 cases of those. Oh those thin wafers and crushed peanuts, thin layers of chocolate, and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh jesssssssssssussssss help me!
15 years 4 months ago #14
  • pamela2
  • pamela2's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Happy Halloween Everyone

Just kidding Mike welcome back :cheesing: :cheesing: Hey does anyone remember the candy bar called whatcachamacallit omgosh those was good i havent seen those in a long time has anyone else??????????????
15 years 4 months ago #15