My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

Replied by jgainsc on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

LOL :laugh: I know that I am so far behind for this post but I have just been had by this company. I lured by the commercials,thinking "Oh they must be good and reliable since thier commericals have been around for a while. So I tried it out without doing research (first time ever, last time ever). I got to see my score, and my report, however my score was suspiciously higher than what it actual was. I did my research and found out that the score they give is not the same score that any of the other actual credit reporting companies use. So before my "free" trial ended I called on Oct 29, 09 and told the rep to cancel the account. She tried to "save" the account (I've worked in customer service for many of years and know thier tactics) and I told her no I didn't want this membership anymore to please cancel and give me a confirmation number. Her reply was, "I don't have a confirmation number to give you, but you'll get an email within 48 hrs to let you know that it was cancelled." Ok sure, I believed that this would be done this way. Well to make a long story short, finally the day after Christmas I got it cancelled. I have been trying to call since the beginning of Nov when I didn't get the email, and I've been getting the run around. Been hung up on, put on hold for so long that I had no choice but to hangup and getting that lovely busy message. Finally after this last rep, whom was very rude to me, right of the bat asked for my SSN. I understand that they "deal" or are a "business" for credit reporting. But I had enough and at this point would not trust them with borrowing a dollar from me. So I told the girl no, I was not giving my SSN that she would have to look up my information my name or by the confirmation number I got in one of my latest emails from them. She took the confirmation number, found my info, and I told her that I wanted to cancel this "membership" when she heard this she asked for my mother's maiden name. Again, I understand that this is important with legit credit reporting business but again, I don't trust them with any of my important information. When I told her that I would not be giving her this information she proceeded to argue with me and tell me that it's just for "security" reason's. I asked what security, I'm waiting to cancel and you have all my info infront of you. I gave you a confirmation number from my email that obviously only I can access and if I were trying run a scam I would have been asking her those questions. She started to over talk me, and wouldn' let me explain my fustrations (at this point I got her name and her employee number) I told her that if she can't do what I request that I want her supervisor. She refused, she told me that she took care of it all and that it would be cancelled. This is what they told me last time so I again asked for a confirmation number and guess what her reply was, "We don't have confirmation numbers, but you'll get a confirmation email within 24 hrs." I said sure like last time, and then I asked again to speak to a sup. Her reply was that it was taken care of, I said I understand but I still want to speak to your sup. The rep said it'll be a few mins for the wait, and put me on hold, I was like oh no here we go, the hold game. "Lets see who can wait out the hold longer" About 4 mins into the hold a "sup" came on the line, oddly it sounded a little bit like the same person I just spoke with and I explained my fustration and what was going on. She very rudely just replied, "Well I see where you first called on Oct 29 and the rep made an agreement with you for $10 off the mthly fees for you to stay a member." This really made me upset, I gave no such permission. I told her that if this is not cancelled then I will take further action. She said it would be taken care of and that an email would be sent out within 24 hours. We'll see. :confused:
14 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

Yup, that is why I keep my hand off the apps. I want a clear history shot when I go for prime!

Exactly I hear you I am not applying for anything else until my stuff falls off too
14 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

Yup, that is why I keep my hand off the apps. I want a clear history shot when I go for prime!
14 years 9 months ago #3

Two years, but I have had some that left like...uuummm a year and a half. Believe it or not, Experian holds mines till a month or two after it is due to fall off. They make me so mand with that

That is whack why would experian do that?
14 years 9 months ago #4

Two years, but I have had some that left like...uuummm a year and a half. Believe it or not, Experian holds mines till a month or two after it is due to fall off. They make me so mand with that:upset:
14 years 9 months ago #5

How long does inquiries take to come off of your CR?
14 years 9 months ago #6

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

AS far as this goes, you will loose in the end. I will explain why below. But, as you know, the cb's has boraden their credit files for individuals, they are hipped on the B thingy, I had heard many people on other sites that says some had reappeard back on reports. I just say that inq's can be hurtful, but can be removed much faster and not as bad as the baddie themselves. I have had some inq that did not even run the entire 2 yrs, but when I catch them lingering around, i do the ultimate, "Disputing it." CB has lowered our time for inq to really wieigh on cr, after 12 months, they no longer impact uor scores, and creditors dont really focus on it.

Here is my reason for saying, "Dont do it!" (even though its your choice)
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=615&highlight=split+mix

Of course I am familiar with the whole split CB report thingy. It just hasn't happened to me in the 2 years I have been bumping. Experian, I had learned to get rid of INQs on that, with disputing the INQs provided I had a FA on my reports (which I had to do because some kid in Ohio tried stealing $600 bucks from my bank account a couple of years ago...thankfully, no harm was done to me after 10 days but I caught it immediately because I check my bank account like a fiend waiting for his hit every day.....now I do it more so). That was partly the reason I switched to BOA, but that thing just expedited the move.

There was that time a few months ago when the INQs came back, but I just rebumped them and they are now gone (in TU).

But the real reason I need a daily puller (aside from B) is because I want to make sure some kid in Iraq didn't try opening up a CC in my name. Yeah yeah, I get daily monitoring, but as you know ("I seened" when you wrote it), the monitoring can take 2 days to a week before you get an e-mail. Meanwhile, I pull it, and it's magically there. LOL. I need to know when to order my FICOs so that I'm not spending $25.12 every other week. A daily puller helps in that regard.
14 years 10 months ago #7

I need a new daily puller for bumpage...chase just went monthly on a brotha.

AS far as this goes, you will loose in the end. I will explain why below. But, as you know, the cb's has boraden their credit files for individuals, they are hipped on the B thingy, I had heard many people on other sites that says some had reappeard back on reports. I just say that inq's can be hurtful, but can be removed much faster and not as bad as the baddie themselves. I have had some inq that did not even run the entire 2 yrs, but when I catch them lingering around, i do the ultimate, "Disputing it." CB has lowered our time for inq to really wieigh on cr, after 12 months, they no longer impact uor scores, and creditors dont really focus on it.

Here is my reason for saying, "Dont do it!" (even though its your choice)
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=615&highlight=split+mix

A split can come from you pulling your credit report too much. Yes it can knock off old inq, but why take that chance? The CB has been hipped to this and they were adding knocked off inq back to people's accounts too. The main reason for them knocking off inq was because their system was designed to only hold a certain amount of files for each consumer. They have broaden their files and are taking it like champs now]

14 years 10 months ago #8

They are still around, and I tried to dispute it like 3 times in the last 3 years in they still win.....lol. Its cool though, I can wait.:innocent:
14 years 10 months ago #9

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

Interesting, I read some articles about Cross Country Bank and how because of their illegal practices they weren't allowed to operate in several states. Did you read the same thing? Not sure if it applies in Cali, but I would think since they no longer exist you'd be able to get them off your CR by just disputing it...

I think cross country bank(card) is still around but i believe is now known as Applied bank.
14 years 10 months ago #10

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

Just one, Cross Country Bank, who is due to leave in Aug this year

Interesting, I read some articles about Cross Country Bank and how because of their illegal practices they weren't allowed to operate in several states. Did you read the same thing? Not sure if it applies in Cali, but I would think since they no longer exist you'd be able to get them off your CR by just disputing it...
14 years 10 months ago #11

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

I just signed up for CCT...how do you do a daily pull without paying $40 a pull? Or is that how people do it? If it's like that I will cancel before the trial is up.

I need a new daily puller for bumpage...chase just went monthly on a brotha.
14 years 10 months ago #12

Just one, Cross Country Bank, who is due to leave in Aug this year:white-flag:
14 years 10 months ago #13

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

They cool, but can make you mad sometimes when they react too slow. They are just now sending me an alert today stating that I have a new account from US Bank. I applied for that reserve line of credit last week sometime.

So, are you completely clear of negatives on ur CR?
14 years 10 months ago #14

They cool, but can make you mad sometimes when they react too slow. They are just now sending me an alert today stating that I have a new account from US Bank. I applied for that reserve line of credit last week sometime.
14 years 10 months ago #15