My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

I signed up for the credit check total..my reports are completely different then if I had done them seperately from each credit bureau!! Like my student loan says that in the last two years I have only been late once but if I pull them from each of the credit bureaus, it only says twice. Also, I just disputed information and according to the reports...within a few hours they have all been verified (I know this because I just disputed with transunion and that is the first time and it says verified)...how?? Plus all my reports have the exact same score?

Hmm I have only been using creditkeeper they seem pretty good to me I have had no problems with them.
14 years 9 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: My FICO Score Watch is a SCAM!!

5/11/2009
14 years 10 months ago #17

Replied by em072205 on topic creditchecktotal ....is pretty good..i've been

creditchecktotal ....is pretty good..i've been using them for about four months. Every time i had an a soft or hard pull..it reported it the next day if not the same day. Here's other features that I like

I signed up for the credit check total..my reports are completely different then if I had done them seperately from each credit bureau!! Like my student loan says that in the last two years I have only been late once but if I pull them from each of the credit bureaus, it only says twice. Also, I just disputed information and according to the reports...within a few hours they have all been verified (I know this because I just disputed with transunion and that is the first time and it says verified)...how?? Plus all my reports have the exact same score? :confused:
15 years 10 months ago #18

Replied by Meya on topic Let me know how well

Let me know how well they work and your overall experience. I am about to dump one myself.
15 years 10 months ago #19

Replied by happylady on topic Happy lady, I am so

Happy lady, I am so sorry to hear your horrible story. Identiwatch is offered through bofa, so I was thinking you should give them a good investigation. Please do not be so discouraged until you will elliminate all monitor services because it is very important to have one due to fruad.

Thanks Meya for the advice...I checked out the BofA service and since they also offered a 30-day free trial I signed up. I already know their alerts work - I applied online yesterday for the Hooters Mastercard (didn't get it though :worried: ) and I got an email today from BofA letting me know about the inquiry from Hooters. So it seems the BofA service should work out. Now I'll just wait and make sure they don't try and double bill me like mycreditkeeper.
15 years 10 months ago #20

Replied by Meya on topic It helpls a lot, thanks!

It helpls a lot, thanks!
15 years 10 months ago #21

Replied by realtorbel on topic Just like most ppl have

Just like most ppl have said, credit monitoring sites are good for staying on track with ur accounts. I tried Tru credit for about a year until I canceled it was too frustrating always being told that my scores were in the mid 500's when they were in the low to mid 600s. Just got hip to myfico and so far they are right on point with the scores. They match scores that I get when I pull ppls credit for mortgages! Hope this helps someone :cool:
15 years 10 months ago #22

Replied by happylady on topic Meya, Thanks for the info -

Meya,
Thanks for the info - I will check out the BofA service and see how they operate.
15 years 10 months ago #23

Replied by Meya on topic Happy lady, I am so

Happy lady, I am so sorry to hear your horrible story. Identiwatch is offered through bofa, so I was thinking you should give them a good investigation. Please do not be so discouraged until you will elliminate all monitor services because it is very important to have one due to fruad.
15 years 10 months ago #24

Replied by happylady on topic I did sign up for

I did sign up for the mycreditkeeper also - we'll see how that goes...

I just cancelled mycreditkeeper.com...I was very disappointed in the customer service! :worried: I got the free 30-day trial and expected to be charged the $9.99/month starting this month (May)...so I go online to check my BofA account (which I do just about daily) to make sure all my payments are posting and that I haven't accidentally overdrawn my account and there are 3 charges for $9.99ea! One says it's from "HSBC credit keeper" which i expected but the other 2 are for "IdentityProtect" (??) which I was like huh?? So I called Credit Keeper to ask what's going on. The rep tells me that they didn't charge me AT ALL and that "Identity Protect" is another "division" of their company and I need to call them because she can't help me :scared: :scared:
So she gives me the number and I call...of course they don't show me as having an account with that "division" and that I needed to call ANOTHER division. OMG!!! So I called and THAT division told me nope it's not us...IT'S CREDIT KEEPER!! I was so frustrated with the run around i called credit keeper and just cancelled the whole thing. The rep I talked to tried to apologize for the trouble (blah blah blah) and get me to keep the service (blah blah blah) but I just said look, I expected a higher level of customer service from you especially with this type of service dealing with something as important as my credit history. I don't want to have to worry every month whether or not I am getting overbilled. After about 3 sales pitches he finally stopped and just cancelled my account. Now I have to try and get the charges reversed from my account...I know it's only $20 but it's just the principal of the thing...plus that's $20 I could put in my gas tank!! :scared: I don't think I am going to sign up for ANYBODY'S monitoring service...I'll just buy my FICO score every few months and get my free annual reports every year from the BIG 3...
15 years 10 months ago #25

Replied by Meya on topic Hi Alpha, in the begining,

Hi Alpha, in the begining, yes we are very excited to see our scores especially when we are in the rebuilding stage. But you subscribe to them to monitor your report for any changes that may occur on any account that you have open and to track new accounts. That is the main thing that you are looking for. Since fraud is on the rise, we need to be cautious about our accounts because thier are 6 billion people out there and someone wants to be like you. If you do not have a monitoring service, now is the time to get one.
15 years 11 months ago #26

Replied by alpha on topic I've never actually signed up

I've never actually signed up for one of those services. Do you do it just so you can know your score every second? I guess I'm trying to be more relaxed about something in my life :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #27

Replied by happylady on topic Well I ordered the 30

Well I ordered the 30 day free trial of this Score Watch just to get my FICO score which I had never actually seen before (sad I know :worried: I'm a newbie to this credit thing...) so I will MAKE SURE I cancel before they charge me the $89.95 annual fee (ridiculously high!! :scared: ). Great thread...thanks for the info!! :laugh:
I did sign up for the mycreditkeeper also - we'll see how that goes...
15 years 11 months ago #28

Replied by Meya on topic I think I will just

I think I will just chill out and look at it every 2 months online without pulling a new credit report on myself like every 5 months or so. Rockin35!

That is the best for us. Let's just hope they are on top of everything when we turn our backs....lolo
:laugh: :laugh: :scared: :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #29

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Yeah Meya, I kinda figured something

Yeah Meya,

I kinda figured something was happening. I assumed so many were getting the MyCreditKeeper offer that maybe it was slow this month or something. I was just disappointe that I had the service now for almost a year and this is the FIRST time a CSR has ever told me that the scores arent accurate the day it updates but to refer to the next months score to see what your previous month score really was. Crazy!! I think I will just chill out and look at it every 2 months online without pulling a new credit report on myself like every 5 months or so. Rockin35!
15 years 11 months ago #30