Green Dot Credit Card!

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

Ian good luck with your new card and keep us posted
15 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

Ian, good luck with your new card.
15 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by iantha1 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

I got my card in the mail, I check my credit on all three cbs and they all have my green dot credit card reporting fine as(new account of course) also i found out i can pay my bill monthly just by going a getting a reload card and any store that carries it. So this was a smart move. I will keep you all posted.

Ian, please post your experience with the Green Dot credit card as it will help members here on the site because there aren't any reviews or comments on this card.

15 years 8 months ago #3

Ian, please post your experience with the Green Dot credit card as it will help members here on the site because there aren't any reviews or comments on this card.
15 years 9 months ago #4

Replied by iantha1 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

YES, I am talking about a green dot credit card, not a prepaid credit card! Yesterday I was in Rite Aid and Green dot is offering a credit card. There is a 19.99 activation fee and 80 dollar annual fee with 4.95 monthly maintenance fee, but you get a 200 dollar credit line to start! AND no credit check! I thought this would be great for those that really need a card to start and to build credit, I'm going to hook my husband up with one on Friday and see how it goes. Here is their website]http://www.greendotcc.com/[/URL]

Just a note, it's ONLY available at Rite Aid at this time. So if you have one near you and need one of these cards to help rebuild credit, I say go for it!

Anyone else seen this?

I got mine today. I will have to wait 7-10 for the card to come in the mail, i call the number and spke to a very nice rep that said they report to all the cb's that realy good. Also got the verification call with in 30 min of seeting up account. SO all is well. after 6months of good payment history i will get 100 increase then after that its 200 and up. I will use this card to further raise my score.
15 years 9 months ago #5

Meya, I have 4 main cards that I use every month. They aren't sockdrawered, they're always in my wallet.

Capital One Platinum Mastercard-$3,550 (Combined 2 Cap1 cards to get this limit)
ESPN Visa- $2k (Issued by WaMu)
BOA Worldpoints Visa- $2k
BOA Worldpoints AMEX-$1.5k
15 years 9 months ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

Cap 1 is $3k and my Icon is $3500, but that is for the treadmill. They gave me $2900 and then turned around and gave me $3500 when I asked for an increase. Here is a link to all of my cards and limits https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=413&highlight=report+limit+increase
15 years 9 months ago #7

Meya, what is your highest limit right now? Which card? just curious
15 years 9 months ago #8

$300 minus the $49 annual fee!:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #9

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

Nope! You know what, I am so done with Orchard until I dont even look at the card and I have not used it. I think i put some bread and turkey sandwich meat on there about a month or two ago and that is it.

Meya, what was your initial CL when you first got the Orchard cc?
15 years 9 months ago #10

Nope! You know what, I am so done with Orchard until I dont even look at the card and I have not used it. I think i put some bread and turkey sandwich meat on there about a month or two ago and that is it.
15 years 9 months ago #11

Meya, did you try calling Orchard's backdoor number and ask for a CLI?
15 years 9 months ago #12

I haven't seen a Chase secured card either.

I have not seen one niether but i do remember somene asking about it.
15 years 9 months ago #13

Meya, you have to admilt, at least the Orchard Bank secured doesn't charge ridiculous up-front fees like FPB, Tribute, etc.

I cant argue with you on that one! I just hate the cli issue. I am still stuck at $1300 and it has been at least over 10 months since I had one.
:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #14

I haven't seen a Chase secured card either.
15 years 9 months ago #15