Green Dot Credit Card!

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

I'd rather be talking to a robot than rather than to an outsourced rep.
15 years 9 months ago #31

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

oh yea btw Id think twice about this card. lol

This was the card I was talking about when you disagreed.....lol. :laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #32

I disagree...to be honest I haven't heard of any problems of ID theft in India or the Phillipines with the outsourced CS...besides most of the major credit card companies do outsource whether you know about it or not.

Outsourcing has become the number one thing in America. Pretty soon, these teir one banks will follow the subprimed because everyone in business enjoy the ellimination of overhead expenses.
15 years 9 months ago #33

I disagree...to be honest I haven't heard of any problems of ID theft in India or the Phillipines with the outsourced CS...besides most of the major credit card companies do outsource whether you know about it or not.

Yeah, it's really not that hard to realize that anymore because it's becoming more of a trend lately, unfortunately.
15 years 9 months ago #34
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

oh yea btw Id think twice about this card. lol
15 years 9 months ago #35
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

I dont blame you Kmoney and HJm331. I am too scared and funny acting when it comes to my ssn and cs

15 years 9 months ago #36

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

Since coming on these boards I have learned much concerning those cards that charge these outrageous fees such as salute, tribute, 660 and others. I got rid of all thosecards and went with HSBC cards (2) and the hooters card. At least I don't have to pay those monthly fees.
I saya get rid of them
15 years 9 months ago #37

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

I dont see how tribute can charge someone $150 per year for a card and then only give probably less than that for an increase. Its like saying you are paying them all the way through. Let's not forget the finance charges.

OK, Miss Meya, if you're a good payor..they will waive some of that $150 annual fee...they waived $50 of mine (previous post)...got four CLI's year period totalling $450...i guess you have to stay with it to grow......
:innocent:
15 years 9 months ago #38

Replied by keys on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

I dont see how tribute can charge someone $150 per year for a card and then only give probably less than that for an increase.

My first increase came 6 months after I got the card and it was a big $50:dumbfounded:. I want to cancel, but this was the first card I got and it has my longest history.
15 years 9 months ago #39

I dont see how tribute can charge someone $150 per year for a card and then only give probably less than that for an increase. Its like saying you are paying them all the way through. Let's not forget the finance charges.
:shocked:
15 years 9 months ago #40
  • em072205
  • em072205's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by em072205 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

My husband...hmm, I couldn't even get him a good first Premier card LOL I have a hooters (yep I finally got it!) HSBC, Crown Jewelers (which they just gave me an increase to 2,500) and Tribute....which I am probably going to cancel the tribute after next month...I really don't like them. But my husband I can't find him a card and I tried to apply for a secured credit card through bank of America for him and he got declined. That was a mess because I had to wait for the return of the funds to be returned back. I'm not sure what to do with him. i thought about authorized user, but that won't work now.
15 years 9 months ago #41

Em, have you tried any cards from HSBC, Capital One, and Hooters? Those are the best sub-prime cards you can get right now.
15 years 9 months ago #42
  • em072205
  • em072205's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by em072205 on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

Just so everyone knows, I personally do not need this card. I have 4 regular credit cards I was looking for something for hubby as he can't even get a bank of America secured credit card (long long story). I've used green dot's prepaid card before and never had any problems with their cards, in fact nothing but good before I got my credit cards. I've never tried their actual credit card, but honestly--this card is much better then Tribute, Salute and other cards. Tribute and Salute charge you 150 dollars a year, so I don't get how people are saying this one is worse then others. And about the person mentioning speaking with someone foriegn, my orchard bank credit card goes to some place over in India!! LOL And those fees are low! So it's a give and take situation, I personally will try it for hubby as I don't think it's that bad as even hooters sometimes gives you an annual fee of 60 dollars. It's all on how you look at it.
15 years 9 months ago #43

Secured cards are the way to go!
15 years 9 months ago #44

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Green Dot Credit Card!

To the OP I do hope that you decide to go with the bank secured cc
15 years 9 months ago #45