JC Penney online application msg.

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

Good Luck
15 years 9 months ago #1
  • shark6
  • shark6's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

hjm331, I will call on Friday and ask for a manager.

Keys, I ased the rep and she said that she doesn't have access to that info, I will have to wait on the letter.

My spouse had JCPenney several years ago and they closed it due to inactivity.
15 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

Shark6, call and ask for a manager or a higher authority. The reps can care less and will not help you in any way to help you get approved for their card. Simple as that.
15 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by keys on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

shark6, did they tell you why the denied you? I applied for JC Penney and WalMart (both denied) and all I got was letters saying that I had to contact the credit bureau if I had any questions. I think GEMB hates me.:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #4
  • shark6

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

I called and I was denied. Go figure, my scores are 632 and I have no BK. However, I do have defaulted St. loans which is the worst thing on my report.
15 years 9 months ago #5

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: JC Penney online application msg.

You really should call. That is what happened to me when I appled for a Chase card. I called them up and I found out that I was approved.
15 years 9 months ago #6
  • shark6

was created by shark6

My scores as of 06/19 were Fako TU 634, Eq 632 and Fako Exp 613. I applied online to Jcpenney last night and got a message that I will be contacted in 6-7 days.

I have TC monitoring and I saw that they pulled EQ. This is my best report as the only thing bad showing on this account are 2 large student loan that I am being garnished for .They go back to 1999.

I currently have 2 Macy's $2k, $1k, Sears/AMEX/Chase/H Depot- authorized users, Chevron $2k, 2 Cap $1k, $2k almost maxed, Sams $300, HSBC $1200,Lowes $3200, Home Depot $4200, Wamu 4200charged of $4500 limit, Orchard, almost maxed, no lates in over 2 yrs and only on Kirby vacuum cleaner which was a paid collection over 2yrs ago. Car paid off, Home loans all paid off and current home loan is not on my report.

I'm at a lost as to why I got this message. Have any of you received this message. I'm assuming that it will be declined.

p.s I have been reading Myfico forums for the past year and have cleaned up my credit from 525 to around 630. I was doing good with keeping my utilization around 38% but now, it is around 60% or so. My goal is to get organized, socker drawer all but 1 for 3mths and try to pay down at least my Sams from 271-$500 limit, Orchard $301-400limit.

I've also been reading Dave Ramsey whom I agree with some but not all of his advice.

Any thoughts of how I should go about reducing my amounts owed so as to get my utilization down? Last week, I learned about the luv button at creditinfocenter.com and got my limit increased from $300 to 500. Chevron/Texaco also raised from $600 to $1500 and then when GEMB took over, it raised it to $2k. Househould bank automatically raised me from $1k to $1200. Forget about Orchard, they never increased.

I will work on calling Macy's on monday to see what happens but my goal is to get utilization down to 45% by Sept.
15 years 9 months ago #7