What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Congrats on the platinum status. I know you get a couple of extra perks. Like gift wrapping,,, which comes in handy around Xmas time... lol

LOL Brian! They won't have to wrap much this xmas because my gifting is getting smaller and smaller each year.:laugh:
15 years 2 weeks ago #76

You would want to, trust me, creditors are closing accounts with no activity usage. This store card will treat you with some real luv when you begin to use it. TRUST ME!
15 years 2 weeks ago #77

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Nope, it expires 09/2010! I have all the benefits for the platinum users. I just have to call the number in front of the card from HOME or go online and do it. It said I can receive another discount if I do it online. I will peel it probably next week because I have to go back for some more mac eyeliner

That's awesome. I have never been anywhere near Platinum. I actually need to use mine soon, it has not been used since December...
15 years 3 weeks ago #78

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Congrats on the platinum status. I know you get a couple of extra perks. Like gift wrapping,,, which comes in handy around Xmas time... lol
15 years 3 weeks ago #79

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

They have a telephone number printed on the front of the card? :cheesing:
15 years 3 weeks ago #80

Nope, it expires 09/2010! I have all the benefits for the platinum users. I just have to call the number in front of the card from HOME or go online and do it. It said I can receive another discount if I do it online. I will peel it probably next week because I have to go back for some more mac eyeliner:laugh:
15 years 3 weeks ago #81

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I would've gotten that Platinum upgrade too a few years back when I was still in high school. I went to shop at Macy's every other week, they all knew me there so it was like a second home to me. :laugh:
15 years 3 weeks ago #82

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Hey Colo, well guess what happened to me? I checked the mail Saturday and behold.......I got my "Platinum Macy's Card" baaaabbbyyy! I just love me some Macy's baby. I am surprised I did not get the elite card

Dang, took them long enough. Does it expire next April at least? (So you get the benefits for 12 full months).

Did you get all those coupons in your card carrier?

I love them too!

Congrats on your Platinum upgrade!
15 years 3 weeks ago #83

Hey Colo, well guess what happened to me? I checked the mail Saturday and behold.......I got my "Platinum Macy's Card" baaaabbbyyy! I just love me some Macy's baby. I am surprised I did not get the elite card:fun:
15 years 3 weeks ago #84

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Do you and/or HJM have the Visa or just the Macy's? It seems like I only got approved for the store charge.

I was approved at the register in 2007 for both the Visa and the store charge. Believe me, you don't want the Visa. Not only is the interest rate laughable but they open two trades on the bureau.

As far as CLI's...I have only had one CLI on my Macy's (started out at $2,000) and because HJM kept getting CLI's I figured I couldnt have someone younger then me getting a highter CL so I called and got $700 extra in December. Before that though, not one auto CLI and not one since, and I did use the card. Was upgraded to Gold Star two years in a row so I have spent over $1K. I am wondering if the lower your initial CL the more frequent the CLI's are.
15 years 1 month ago #85

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I only have the regular store card, I believe HJM do also. Let's wait for his response.
15 years 1 month ago #86

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Way to go interjack.

Do you and/or HJM have the Visa or just the Macy's? It seems like I only got approved for the store charge.
15 years 1 month ago #87

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Way to go interjack. :white-flag:

When I applied, I got $300, now I am at $2300 within a little over one year ( I am thinking it was less than that). HJM is correct, it is all about the shopping with them baby, the cli's are all good every 3 months. They usually give $500 increments, but that is just my scenario, they have offered more to others.
15 years 1 month ago #88

Replied by cireone on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Los Angeles at the Citicorp Center.

Oh yeah, that used to b a Robinsons-May and since there was another one a blockaway in the Macys Paza, it made sense. That store became the "excess" product store. I lived a few blocks away from downtown. I believe they had plans to renovate that whole 7th+Fig shopping center and possibly put a Target, Crate&Barrel, or some other type of anchor store there once completed.
15 years 2 months ago #89

How long has it been since your last CLI? I don't think you should be afraid to ask since there aren't any hard pulls involved.

I received the $700 CLI in December so it has only been two months. I have nothing to hide on my bureau, in fact I am near 800 on Exp. But I don't want to take the chance of them doing something strange because I will be looking into a mortgage this summer.
15 years 2 months ago #90