What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by interjack on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Huuum, I just don't see why Macy's would wire down a t-shirt and charge over $100 bucks for it. I don't see what is all that in the Ed Hardy's quality. Maybe the name just stands strong, or something. I don't even see how a person could match a shirt with some jeans...vice versa.

I don't even want to give the impression that I buy these at full retail..haha... I just wait until I see some on the clearance racks or when I have a discount that covers it... :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 1 week ago #61

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Huuum, I just don't see why Macy's would wire down a t-shirt and charge over $100 bucks for it. I don't see what is all that in the Ed Hardy's quality. Maybe the name just stands strong, or something. I don't even see how a person could match a shirt with some jeans...vice versa.
15 years 1 week ago #62

Replied by interjack on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I have returned with no problem, but unfortunately, I had a receipt. Never tried it without one (that I can remember). I know that I have purchased a couple of items from them that did not belong to their store. When they tried to scan it, the cs rep said that this item was not sold in their store, they called manager and I paid like $4 on something that was like $30 in a store that sold them item. And1 was one of them and South Pole was another. My thing was, how in the heck was they able to return items to a store that did not sell it

I know for a fact that on the card benefit brochure that came with the card that return without receipt is listed as a benefit. I'm not sure if being a card holder gives you an extra period of time in addition to their normal return policy.

You can always buy items at one Macys and return it at another. I do this all the time. There is a small Macys that I go to every now and then that sells Lacoste, but I work next to one that is much larger that does not sell Lacoste and sometimes return Lacoste there.

I wish Macys would bless us with more Ed Hardy and more Lacoste.
15 years 2 weeks ago #63

I have returned with no problem, but unfortunately, I had a receipt. Never tried it without one (that I can remember). I know that I have purchased a couple of items from them that did not belong to their store. When they tried to scan it, the cs rep said that this item was not sold in their store, they called manager and I paid like $4 on something that was like $30 in a store that sold them item. And1 was one of them and South Pole was another. My thing was, how in the heck was they able to return items to a store that did not sell it?:confused:
15 years 2 weeks ago #64

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Great CS! :white-flag:
15 years 2 weeks ago #65

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Don't they let you return items 60 days after date of receipt if you bought it on your Macy's card instead of the regular 30 days?

Yes and you can return it without a receipt (i've done it twice because of wear issues) with no questions asked :cool:
15 years 2 weeks ago #66

Don't they let you return items 60 days after date of receipt if you bought it on your Macy's card instead of the regular 30 days?
15 years 2 weeks ago #67

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

The Macy's i shop at has an awesome return policy :cool:
15 years 2 weeks ago #68

:white-flag: :white-flag:
15 years 2 weeks ago #69

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Now I am not trying to say get in-debt with Macy's, but try to spend at least $100 with them.

I usually do but I have had some pretty big doctor's bills recently, and I have insurance. I really feel for people without insurance for sure.

I am do for some new polo shirts for work and I actually do need dress socks. I have some Macy's coupons to use as well. Good idea Meya :white-flag:
15 years 2 weeks ago #70

No, they :kiss:me! :cool:
Let me stop braging before I recieve a cld in the mail....lol. Then I am going to think of them like amex!:laugh:
15 years 2 weeks ago #71

Meya, they really like you. :laugh:
15 years 2 weeks ago #72

Go for the "Gold Toes" they are the best, an they are having a one day sale this weekend. Now I am not trying to say get in-debt with Macy's, but try to spend at least $100 with them. Or should I say, purchase at least 4 pairs of their goldtoes...lol:laugh:. They recognize their shoppers spending habits and what you are most likely to purchase from them, that is when we get books, and coupons that relates to our spending habits. Check this out, my neighbor and I received some books from Macy's over the weekend, as I looked through my mail (after returning from my trip) we were talking, and I noticed that our books was different and so was the coupons. They know what they are doing...lol. She has been with Macy's for decades and she told me that she do not receive coupons like mines and she has never received the "Shhh" card.
15 years 2 weeks ago #73

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

You would want to, trust me, creditors are closing accounts with no activity usage. This store card will treat you with some real luv when you begin to use it. TRUST ME!

This is true. I have not used my Kohl's since September 08 :worried: Maybe I will have to buy some socks or something. Ugh I have too many cards LOL.
15 years 2 weeks ago #74

I like giving Visa debit gift cards to everyone for Christmas instead of wasting time looking for gifts that they may or may not like.
15 years 2 weeks ago #75