What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

he said that they stop doing them, because a lot of individuals were complaining and did not like their limits being increased without their consent (I can't imagine why)

In a way, I sort of felt like that when JcPenny's gave me a cli of $200 and I never asked for it. I was upset because when I called in for a cli, I was denied because they just gave me one. Here is the deal, when I ask for one by myself, they give me 3x's the limit that they gave me on my own. It mad me mad deep down inside but what the heck, I will ask for one in December, hopefully I will be showed some love because that $200 was not enough.:upset:
15 years 5 months ago #196

Sometimes too, people lose their sense of shame and ask for anything and everything because it is over the phone.

Or online :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #197

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Maybe it's because their desperate for credit. :cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #198

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Yup its just common sense. But believe me there are some stupid ppl out there

We will be nice and say they have not been educated on credit :cool: Sometimes too, people lose their sense of shame and ask for anything and everything because it is over the phone.
15 years 5 months ago #199

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Yup its just common sense. But believe me there are some stupid ppl out there :dumbfounded:

They just havent found FG yet!
15 years 5 months ago #200

I don't work for any credit card companies but I know darn well that they keep track of everything. People need to lighten up!
15 years 5 months ago #201

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

What did you tell him after found out that his score was in the low 600's?

I didnt tell him that I just saw his score and it read in the low 600's, I just said that he didnt qualify for any LF credits. He went off on me and hung up. I wonder when was the last time he pulled his credit that read over 800 lol... Maybe 10 years ago. hah.

Oh yeah, or they think we don't keep record of things.

Yea, like customers that call every other month to request a LF removed because of x reason. They think that we cant see how many times we have already removed LF's, when and why.

Or like with Hurricane Ike, it hit September... People who were 3+ months pdue prior the hurricane actually hitting would call in for min payment deferments or LF/FC credits and would say they are pdue bc of the Hurricane. Yeah right! I would turn around and say, well it shows that youve been pdue since May! What was the reason then... :cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #202

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Hmmmm, can't help with that one. I just received an increase of $300 from them two days ago. I asked the rep why they didn't do automatic increases like they used to, he said that they stop doing them, because a lot of individuals were complaining and did not like their limits being increased without their consent (I can't imagine why). I asked him if the credit line I had on my Visa could be transferred to my regular account, he said no, because they handled differently, etc. To make a long story short, he said that you can request one every three months and the norm is usually 500 bucks and asked my how much I was looking for. I told him $500 would be cool, what happened to my other $200, then.:confused: I didn't bother asking him, I just thanked him and went about my day with high utilizations.
15 years 5 months ago #203

:confused: And that's it? Help hjm, colonative, kiejon, or someone in here. I think this long distance accounts are starting to mean something. What do you all think?
15 years 5 months ago #204

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Hi everyone my story lets see Well Macy's gave me credit increase the first time i asked for one 100.00, the second now thats a laugh here it is

hi everyone well lets see i called Macy's to see if i could get a credit increase (i have had the card almost a year and only got one credit increase of a 100.00 started out with a 100.00) well the first guy i talked to told me that my 3 months wasn't up yet since i got the credit increase in May and i told him i got that increase on May 1st and he was like ok and i told him i had to drive over 150 miles to the nearest store and he was like call back Saturday (this was Thursday) and i should get a big credit increase to use for the sale, ok i called and talked to someone other guy and he told me to hold on so he could see what he could do well he come back and said call back Monday and you should get the limit i said excuse me but the guy i talked to Thursday said i was to get one today because my 3 month guideline was up and i could use it for the sale and he was like sorry call back Monday ok well i didn't wait i called Sunday and talked to other guy and he told me the same thing that i was to get a credit increase and then he put me on hold for 25 minutes and then this lady got on the phone "can i help you?" she said and im like i was talking to this guy and he put me on hold and never come back and she was like "i'm sorry can i be some help?" and i explained everything to her and she is like "im sorry but your guideline isn't up till the middle of the month and you have great credit history with us, but we can't give you a credit increase at this time" and im like ok thank you and she said have a good day and hung up (she was real nice and i forgot to put on here that i have used the card and pif everytime) so what should i do?????? and it is all about where you live and i live 120 to 150 miles away (to tell you the truth i would probably never found it i have never been where its at) and i only have 300.00 on the card and i have been using it like i was told.
15 years 5 months ago #205

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Is it okay to tell them when you ask for a CLI that you are trying to keep utilization low?
15 years 5 months ago #206

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

There a lot of consumers that abuse the "the consumer is always right" theory.

Oh yeah, or they think we don't keep record of things.
15 years 5 months ago #207

There a lot of consumers that abuse the "the consumer is always right" theory.
15 years 5 months ago #208

Haha, I loved when people would say that, or they would say "I've never been late" but I could clearly see that they were 1-30 several times.
I used to say, "we are provided different information from the bureaus."
15 years 5 months ago #209

15 years 5 months ago #210