What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Don't even get me started on Kohl's. They always have such poor service, long lines. I have a Kohl's because in certain states they had an interest-free payment plan but they took it away! Sorry, had the rant.

LOL. Its okay. No long lines here :)
15 years 4 months ago #181

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I guess they can't keep all their customers happy. In this case, I guess they can't keep most of their customers happy.
15 years 4 months ago #182

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Yea that happened to me at Kohls. It said discount given at checkout... I was buying were jeans and other stuff cause sometimes the jeans go as low as like $13 on $30-40 jeans... I was about to swipe when I noticed it was like over $100!

Don't even get me started on Kohl's. They always have such poor service, long lines. I have a Kohl's because in certain states they had an interest-free payment plan but they took it away! Sorry, had the rant.
15 years 4 months ago #183

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Yea that happened to me at Kohls. It said discount given at checkout... I was buying were jeans and other stuff cause sometimes the jeans go as low as like $13 on $30-40 jeans... I was about to swipe when I noticed it was like over $100! :shocked: They had to fix it. Once I didnt even notice until I got home. I would of save bout $20 bucks.
15 years 4 months ago #184

I remember working at Sears and some of the coupons that the customers handed me didn't work so I had to enter the discount manually.
15 years 4 months ago #185

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Yup, you have to watch it. Especially since they have temporary workers now for the holiday's that might not know exactly how to deal with the coupons.
15 years 4 months ago #186

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Hey everyone, I almost forgot to mention this....

When you have the $10, $20, $25...etc coupons from Macy's, you need to watch real close at what happens when making large quantity purchases. OK, I went there and purchased like 10 items in clothing which came to $300 something odd dollars, the register had taken out the discount for using the card, and I had did the estimated math in my head. I gave her my birthday coupons which totaled $40 and I had the 20% coupon. When he scanned them they went through, but, the balance came out the same. I was like, woe, woe, woe, something is wrong here. I asked him to cancel the first purchase and re-scan everything over, he did it and everything came back the same. :shocked: STORE MANAGER PLEASE!

Store manager came over and seen what happen, canceled it, and did the same thing over. SAME PROBLEM! He looked at the coupons and saw that they were valid for my purchase and could not understand what what was going on, so he used a calculator and adjusted the price for me which gave me a savings of $60 odd dollars.

Here is the problem, when you see the signs above the clothing racks that states "discount prices are given at the register" codes were entered into the system for it to automatically take it out upon scanning. The error came when whoever entered the codes, had forgot to enter a code for it to accept our coupons also. So what the register does is accepts the coupons, and changes or adjust the prices of each item to reflect the first balance that it had prior to you using the coupons. Here is a better example:

1. shirt $20
2. pants $20
3. shoes $20
total $60
-$30 coupon
10% coupon
balance $60]3. shoes $32[/U]
Total $96
-$30 coupon
-10% coupon
balance $60]Note][/I]

The moral of this story is to look at your items closely on the pad when they are scanning, do not hand over your coupons until you have seen the total balance regardless to if you are using your Macy's card or credit card, because if you did not see the balance prior to the coupons you did not get a bargain after all. I know this was a simple human mistake and I do not believe that this was done on purpose, it just made me feel good to have actually caught this error before handing over my card. When I seen my balance before the coupon and it came up again after the coupon, that was a red flag for me.
:relieved:
15 years 4 months ago #187

Well you have a point there! Makes you wonder:worried:
15 years 5 months ago #188

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

In a way, I sort of felt like that when JcPenny's gave me a cli of $200 and I never asked for it. I was upset because when I called in for a cli, I was denied because they just gave me one. Here is the deal, when I ask for one by myself, they give me 3x's the limit that they gave me on my own. It mad me mad deep down inside but what the heck, I will ask for one in December, hopefully I will be showed some love because that $200 was not enough

I wasn't upset, but it just defies logic to me. If I was good enough to qualify for one of your visa cards and paid it off and closed the account, why not match my store credit line with the visa's. Their store card doesn't have near the amount of exposure as their visa (I can only use it as Macy's) and if I had sense enough to handle it well, then why not extend that line on my store card. Either way I still love Macy's and will continue to shop their.:fun:
15 years 5 months ago #189

Brat! :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #190

Yikes. What is your Exp score if I may ask (Pamela)? Also, they do have deals every so often (actually it seems monthly) where you can get free shipping or a discount online. Maybe that would be a good way to keep the account active. Just be sure to sign up on their website for special online coupon codes.

I have no idea where you are if you have to go 150 miles out of your way to go to Macy's. But that is no mall that I would want to live near LOL just kidding.

I really cannot talk because I too, have not had a CLI from them after a year and 2 months of cardmembership and an upgrade to Gold Star Rewards, but then again I have a $2,000 limit.

My advice: I would wait until after Thanksgiving, go to that mall with the Macy's to do your shopping and then ask at the store. Other members seem to be having luck with that. Let them know that you went 150 miles out of your way to make Macy's your first choice and you want to make holiday purchases. After the dismal sales they announced this month they should be doing all they can to get you to spend. Having said that, be sure that your scores are 620 or above. A lot of companies are using that as the new cutoff.
15 years 5 months ago #191

:innocent: :innocent: :cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #192

Or online

Hmmm, was that a slam? LOL.
15 years 5 months ago #193

Who you tellin :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #194

Meya, just take the increase and run with it. :laugh:

You better run as fast you can and far away from GEMB before they change their mind and snatch it from you.
15 years 5 months ago #195