What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I thought I was the only one who was tired of hearing that space tune while it looks up your account. Don't try and use a cell phone while calling in, you will waste minutes. They irritate me with the PC lady, saying "Now, let me locate your account....." then the noise sounds like the song called Numbers by Kraftwerk.:upset: If they just updated their system, then they need to update and show our cl and available credit just like any other creditor does. I don't understand the all the secretive issues about it.
14 years 7 months ago #16

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I see on Macy's website you can now download your statements (just like your paper statements no cl info).
14 years 7 months ago #17

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I still really hate the fact that they do not tell you what your limit is on the monthly statement. That has always bothered me.

Right and i get tired of calling and listening to that awful tune they run when accessing your account and another way i find out about the latest cli I got was by pulling my report.
14 years 8 months ago #18

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I've read that Macy's had installed new software a couple of months ago that changes the way guideline increases were given and also affects clds on accounts.

I still really hate the fact that they do not tell you what your limit is on the monthly statement. That has always bothered me.
14 years 8 months ago #19

I've read that Macy's had installed new software a couple of months ago that changes the way guideline increases were given and also affects clds on accounts.
14 years 8 months ago #20

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I was late for the first time in 2 yrs. (not 30 days though). I explained it on the previous page. It wasn't the decrease that upset me, its them not informing me that irritated me.
14 years 9 months ago #21

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Good luck, seeing how the decreased my limit, I would keep my fingers crossed.

You got a decrease from Macys? What happened?
14 years 9 months ago #22

There you go throwing wrenches..lolz, I totally forgot about what you just told us. I still feel bad for what happen, but at the same time, I feel you!
14 years 9 months ago #23

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Good luck, seeing how the decreased my limit, I would keep my fingers crossed.
14 years 9 months ago #24

Me neither bro, I only get declined because I turn my behind right around and ask for one for no reason at all, just because I am in the store........knooooowing they just gave me one less than a month ago. But see, that is one of those "You knew this was gonna happen" denials :laugh: :laugh: . I just love Macy's!
14 years 9 months ago #25

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: target upgrades

Well I would say, that is the best, but the cashier is the one who grabs that phone and makes the call. But since you are not going into the store, go ahead and make the call sis. Make sure you don't treat it like the target store. Hey, I got an Idea, tell them you are traveling far away and you want to shop but the current limit is not enough. Anyone else got ideas?

I don't know. I had luck when I called from my house last December. I would feel bad for her if she drove her happy butt 120 miles only to be declined. Though, I don't think I have heard anybody here say they were declined for a CLI with Macy's.

I would only go to the store if you have other business at the mall. But I agree with Meya, tell them you drove a long way and you need a CLI to do the shopping that you require. I told them over the phone that I wanted to do some Christmas shopping and needed a higher CL.
14 years 9 months ago #26

Replied by Meya on topic Re: target upgrades

Well I would say, that is the best, but the cashier is the one who grabs that phone and makes the call. But since you are not going into the store, go ahead and make the call sis. Make sure you don't treat it like the target store. Hey, I got an Idea, tell them you are traveling far away and you want to shop but the current limit is not enough. Anyone else got ideas? :confused:
14 years 9 months ago #27

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: target upgrades

Do i need to tell them i drove 120 miles away to get to the store?
14 years 9 months ago #28

Replied by Meya on topic Re: target upgrades

Go straight to cashier and tell them you want to do a cli. All they ask for is your card and ID, then they call for you. If you do it like I do, I wait till the line is not long, then I go...lol. The csr is going to say put you on the phone, and then that is when you will hear yes or no. I get a lot of "Yes" but my greedy behind turn right around and ask for another one in like 1 1/2 month or 2. I just love to hear the Yes, that is why I keep doing it. When they say no, I still don't fill bad because they tell you when to ask for another one,....like I really didn't know:innocent:
14 years 9 months ago #29

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: target upgrades

Well yeah its like 120 miles away but i might just do that and what do i say to them once i get there?
14 years 9 months ago #30