What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by charonh on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Thanks everyone....well i went back to Macy's and was approved for more than was needed and as of today, i have new living room furniture and bedroom furniture for the ladies when they come over

Awesome, Macy's has this gorgeous leather living room group that I would like, but no shopping for me until the end of the year, but you enjoy yours and feel free to slouch! I read that too, fortunately no stores in Georgia will be closing. YAHOO!:innocent:
15 years 2 months ago #106

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #107

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Baseball!...........shut up Meya:fun:
15 years 2 months ago #108

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I hate it to, just as long as they leave Richmond, California alone, I am not tripping. They can have Powell Union Square in San Francisco because they are closing out my type of styles anyway. Way to go Eugene, don't get to comfortable with the bedroom and the ladies, then you may end up pulling a ColoNative move....oooops, did I just say that

What, what what?:embarrassed:
15 years 2 months ago #109

I hate it to, just as long as they leave Richmond, California alone, I am not tripping. They can have Powell Union Square in San Francisco because they are closing out my type of styles anyway. Way to go Eugene, don't get to comfortable with the bedroom and the ladies, then you may end up pulling a ColoNative move....oooops, did I just say that?:innocent:
15 years 2 months ago #110

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Thanks everyone....well i went back to Macy's and was approved for more than was needed and as of today, i have new living room furniture and bedroom furniture for the ladies when they come over

One in LA, two in Colorado, two in Pennsylvania, one in Indiana, one in Palm Beach, FL and one in Tennessee. Usually these are in declining areas/malls so it won't be a *huge* loss. Its just sad to see malls go.
15 years 2 months ago #111

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Thanks everyone....well i went back to Macy's and was approved for more than was needed and as of today, i have new living room furniture and bedroom furniture for the ladies when they come over:cool:

and by the way i hear that Macy's is closing some of their stores amid this downward economy,i hope the one near me do not close..
15 years 2 months ago #112

I heard that Macy's offers a extension of credit for larger purchases(like furniture etc)that normally your credit limit could not cover but i do not know if it is a hard inq or not to qualify for it.

They usually open a separate account for major purchase, club or jewelry purchases. It is typically the same account number as your regular card with the exception of the last two digits and as far as I know, you don't get an actual card for that new account. And once it is paid it generally gets closed. It's almost like an installment and sometimes it reports to the bureaus as an Installment Contract. As far as I know this does not generate an inquiry.

I personally do not like this aspect of Macy's (and Bloomingdales), Macy's gets very tradeline happy between the Visa and the store card and the major purchase card.
15 years 2 months ago #113

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

That's totally correct hjm! I don't think I ever heard anyone say they were denied for the separate account. Have you

Nope
15 years 2 months ago #114

That's totally correct hjm! I don't think I ever heard anyone say they were denied for the separate account. Have you?:confused:

They have a nice furniture sale going on, and for mattresses and rugs. So this is the best time to go for it eugene66.
15 years 2 months ago #115

I'm not sure if they pull your report or not but they open a seperate account for that purchase category. There's a seperate account for jewelry, furniture, etc.
15 years 2 months ago #116

I heard that Macy's offers a extension of credit for larger purchases(like furniture etc)that normally your credit limit could not cover but i do not know if it is a hard inq or not to qualify for it.
15 years 2 months ago #117

It went wrong before they hid!:relieved:
15 years 2 months ago #118

Your kids broke your vacuum cleaner?! Is this a case of "When hide and go-seek goes wrong"?
15 years 2 months ago #119

Thats weird. Meya, was the package taped with the pre-paid postage label stamped on the box?

That is inside the box, and I had to open it to get my pants out then send the rest back altogether. The shirt came first. I am confused because I put 3 stickers outside, but I do believe that only two needed to be used. This is what I put on the outside of the box:

1. Merchandise return label (going waaaay to Nashville TN,
2. The Easy Returns Label because we have to select the reason code on the bottom. In my case it was letter I (duplicate gift),
3. The A.R.S which has the Tracking number on it.

Now I am confused because the A.R.S label is telling UPS to ship to Goodyear, AZ.:confused: I think #2 was suppose to stay in the box because it is for their purpose, but hey, it had a peel sticker on the back of it too so I just stuck all three together. When I go to UPS today, I am going to ask them what did I do wrong. I don't want to go to Office Depot because I think they just have a drop off location box. I want to talk to a person at the front desk of an actual UPS office. I am going to have to drive about 10 miles but it is OK, at least I will have somewhere to park. and I will just stop off at Sear's while I am in that location, my kids broke my vacuum cleaner the other day. I started to take the xbox back and repurchase another one. That is about how much I spent on it the first time.:upset:
15 years 2 months ago #120