What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Replied by Meya on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

No problem!
14 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Hey, thanks for the heads up from the real world of shopping. I did not know but I do now. :embarrassed: :shocked:
14 years 6 months ago #2

Yeah, but Jcpenny;s needs to step up on the sales coupons. I have received, at the most $20 off or the 10-15% off. The 75% is in store and if you use their card. Let's not talk about the clothes or items that are on sale at the 75% off price, which is after they use the manufacture retail price. For example, my kids have to wear black pants and white shirts for uniforms. The school agreed with my choice of purchasing my kids some black jeans instead because they are some rough necks. I always purchase Arizona jeans, and IZOD shirts by the bundle with JcPenny's and they were always $9.99 at the most. Here comes the 75% sale (or coupons) and the jeans are on sale for $11.99 when you take advantage of the 75% sale, which is deducted from the manufacture retail price. Give me a break, I have to wait till the sale is gone to go at the jeans at $9.99...lolz!
14 years 6 months ago #3

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Store charge cards are really useful for their promotions and good deals. Granted the APR is almost always higher but the underwriting standards used to be lower and they used to be more reasonable. Since many of them are now co-branding with the big banks all this has changed and the benefits slide down hill. The promotions are still good. I love my Kohl's and JCPenney Cards. They give me specials I almost can't refuse. Of course they make me more offers than I can afford or use but it is my choice.:cool:
14 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Better to be safe than sorry! :white-flag:
14 years 7 months ago #5

Never that, I will come to a halt at 90 percent. That is where i stopped on my cap1, and just as soon as I did...baam, they hit me with the high apr. That is why I rushed to pay them down. I don't want anything bad on my cr, never ever again.
14 years 7 months ago #6

Meya, I wouldn't count on it. Stay away from going over the limit at all costs.
14 years 7 months ago #7

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Just our of curiosity, I wonder if Macy's let you slide like Cap 1 does if you go over your limit or pay late once, they will not charge you a fee? I think they said if you do it twice within one year, you are ok

No idea. Sounds too nice these days, to forgive.
14 years 7 months ago #8

Just our of curiosity, I wonder if Macy's let you slide like Cap 1 does if you go over your limit or pay late once, they will not charge you a fee? I think they said if you do it twice within one year, you are ok.:confused:

I know it effects your cr when you go over the limit, but do they report it to the cb even if they forgive you?
14 years 7 months ago #9

Banks love it when account holders go over their limit or make a late payment because they get to stick the consumer with fees and ratejacks. It's a 100% profit for them.
14 years 7 months ago #10

Very interesting... I had no idea there was any one issuing cards that would not want the consumer to stay within their approved credit limit. Actually unreal!
14 years 7 months ago #11

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Maybe if they show us our credit limit online or on the statements they would have to kill us

They say that they don't want to encourage people to spend to their limits or some bs like that. I told the lady that I believed it encouraged people to spend over their limits so that they could collect fees. I wonder what the State laws are about that...I am sure they wouldn't not report limits if it were against the laws though...
14 years 7 months ago #12

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Maybe if they show us our credit limit online or on the statements they would have to kill us :cheesing: :cheesing: :fun: :white-flag:
14 years 7 months ago #13

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I thought I was the only one who was tired of hearing that space tune while it looks up your account. Don't try and use a cell phone while calling in, you will waste minutes. They irritate me with the PC lady, saying "Now, let me locate your account....." then the noise sounds like the song called Numbers by Kraftwerk

Lmao:laugh:
14 years 7 months ago #14

I thought I was the only one who was tired of hearing that space tune while it looks up your account. Don't try and use a cell phone while calling in, you will waste minutes. They irritate me with the PC lady, saying "Now, let me locate your account....." then the noise sounds like the song called Numbers by Kraftwerk

I know, I hate that music too, you think that you will hear your info and then it has the music again. LOL. Macy's does have a strange credit system, very antiquated.
14 years 7 months ago #15