If you have American Express READ THIS

Replied by pamela2 on topic im gonna defend my self

im gonna defend my self now! i babysit some and i do errands for my grandma and she gives me some extra spending money for helping her even when i dont want it and trust me you can not tell my grandma no. my husband pays for my cards BUT he uses them too so what i charge (which is basically for my kids) and what he uses to order cable stuff online (his job gives him his money back) he pays off when he can but not all the time but maybe 90%. so nobody really is paying for my cards because technically they are his too. ps he doest want cards thats why i have them and if he evers leaves i have a job lined up
16 years 2 months ago #136

Replied by Meya on topic I wish I had someone

I wish I had someone that paid for my credit cards.

No you don't! The best thing you could ever do is train yourself to pay your own bills. It will become addictive and then you will become dependent upon it. I make sure I pay my own bills so when my second half decides to walk, I will still be in motion and do not have to go crying to momma to let me in.

You are doing the best thing right about now HJM331.
16 years 2 months ago #137
  • porgy1000
  • porgy1000's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by porgy1000 on topic My job pays me back

My job pays me back for anything I put on my credit card that is job related up to $100,000 per year (up to $250,000 per year if extensive travel). I do not abuse that though, I only buy what I need for the job or for traveling expenses.

Having someone pay for your credit card bill is great, but for me, I make sure every dollar is job related and I use just one credit card for that purpose only to keep things straight. :cheesing:

I just would never abuse the taxpayers of Texas :cool:

They gave me a BofA visa card under the county account. It is DECLINED half the time so I just my own card and put in the paperwork to get the money back. I wouldnt want to hire our county bookeeper lol :scared:
16 years 2 months ago #138

Replied by hjm331 on topic I wish I had someone

I wish I had someone that paid for my credit cards. :cheesing:
16 years 2 months ago #139

Replied by Meya on topic :confused: Somebody's dippin and dabbin!

:confused:

Somebody's dippin and dabbin!
16 years 2 months ago #140

Replied by pamela2 on topic Hi sis I agree with

Hi sis I agree with you guys I'm just gonna sit here and wait all this out. When hubby gets the income tax I'm paying the rest of my cards off and they are going in the filing cabinet and the only person with a key will be hubby and i know no amount of begging will he let me use them unless its a "have to case". :cheesing: (the "have to cases" to buy Erika some clothes for her trip and Aleks b-day is coming up and i kinda go over board on b-days and shhhh i might sneak me something something). Then that will probably be it until summer. :fun:
16 years 2 months ago #141

Replied by hjm331 on topic Meya's right, there's nothing we

Meya's right, there's nothing we can do about it. We just have to accept it the way it is, it's not like we have a choice.
16 years 2 months ago #142

Replied by Meya on topic Ive also heard similar stories

Ive also heard similar stories about the FICO 08 system, I am like you, lets kick back and wait. I hope this does not discourage those who are trying to rebuild credit. Either way it goes, we are going to have to just roll with it.
:dumbfounded: :confused:
16 years 2 months ago #143
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Meya, the problem is; well

Meya, the problem is; well just as we thought that we somewhat had the FICO system 50% figured out it is all about to change with the new FICO 08.

Some of us will take huge hits in our FICO scores and some will get a big jump in scores. At this point after reading all 640 pages I still cant tell. They say one thing then they say something to offset it. So which is it? the original statement or the what if?

Time shall tell.

I do see how a 30 day late payment will have no impact on your scores if it is a one shot time. Do it 3 times and then you take a 100 point hit. Therefore, many who just missed a payment here and there will see a big increase in socres. For people like me who have never missed any payment, my score may go down for my low useage of available credit. Like I said time shall tell. I am not happy about FICO 08 :worried:
16 years 2 months ago #144

Replied by Meya on topic Put it like this, this

Put it like this, this my comment: I don't create such a score issue if I want to spend something on my credit card that I know that I am going to pay. Paying in full each month just keeps it to the point to where you dont want to worry about finance charges and utilization. If I know that I posses a credit card and there is something that I want that is NOT in my checking account, I get it regardless to what score drops. The only people that worry about their scores dropping are those who are trying to get in the 700's-up. If you know that you can manage to purchase (for example) a tv that costs $1200 and would like to pay it out over 4 months, then go ahead and do so. Those payments that you are making is going to raise your credit scores, and show lenders how well you make payments to your account.

Now if you are out purchasing a tv at the same value, and then only making minimum payments, it is not going to kill your credit report, it is just that you are going to end up paying way too much over a period of time. You will still get cli's and can still get other credit. This is the same thing as saying you are purchasing a $10k car and making schedule payments or buying a house and making monthly mortgage payments. You build your scores over time, once you are with the creditors, go ahead and utilize it, but use it wisely. Its not how much you should charge, it is how well you can pay it off.
16 years 2 months ago #145
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic There is no way to

There is no way to boost your scores overnight. Credit useage, how you pay and age of credit is all factored into the FICO score. If you go buy an item for $1600 on a card that has a $10,000 limit it should have no neg impact on your score. HOWEVER, whenever my total useage is just 1% of all of my credit lines, then and only then do my scores remain over 800, so who knows :dumbfounded:
16 years 2 months ago #146

Replied by smcc on topic Ok guys let me ask

Ok guys let me ask you this, if you pay your card off every month does your score climb faster than the person who buys a plasma TV in month (a) and pays if off in month (c)? I am like most who pay their card off in full every month but towards the latter part of 2007 I had to carry a balance for a few months and when I checked my score it rose 7 points over those same months. When I was paying off my card every month, my score wouldn't budge. HJM331, I'm like you, I plan on purchasing Furniture tomorrow valued at $1600. My goal is to pay it all off by March 15th. I feel as long as I stay under 20% of my limit, I will be ok, but then I will NEVER utilize 20% of my card unless it a dire emergency!
16 years 2 months ago #147
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic for me, with a mortgage

for me, with a mortgage pending, it is best for me to have a very high FICO score, so I went back to using my debit cards. I have $750,000 in open available credit lines and I am scared to use any of them. I will go back to using the credit cards after the mortgage closes and funds.

Now that my score went over 800 I am bombarded with pre approved offers. That shredder really comes in handy LOL :fun:
16 years 2 months ago #148

Replied by Meya on topic That is the best thing

That is the best thing you could have ever mentioned because I was thinking that in my head while I was typing this response. This is crazy, I will be glad when this economic crisis pass us up.
16 years 2 months ago #149
  • porgy1000

Replied by porgy1000 on topic Meya the only way I

Meya the only way I was able to get my score over 800 was to NOT use any of my cards. I owe out a total now of $13 on my credit reports.

Whenever I use my cards my scores drop. I guess we are supposed to just frame the cards and hang them on the wall. :confused:
16 years 2 months ago #150